Think about what you just said.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Groddil

Quote from: Ashleg on June 15, 2016, 04:06:58 AM
Quote from: Sagetip on June 15, 2016, 04:03:11 AM
Quote from: Skarzs on June 15, 2016, 03:59:17 AM
That's something I feel the series really missed: battles of titans. Brian seemed to like the idea of the little guy triumphing, and it was an ongoing theme throughout his books. He even said it himself in one of those mini videos of him. I suppose it didn't hurt the stories too much, but I would still have liked to have seen some really ferocious fights between some seriously top-notch characters.
The best satisfaction to that urge I got when Urgan Nagru fought Finnbarr Galedeep.
That was a wuss fight. Now, LP vs the Rapscallions was truly Titan. Also, Cregga totally REKT Damug, so in general the whole fight was awesome.

How about Lord Brocktree vs. Urgan Nagru? That was intense!

I never knew Brocktree was immortal and alive during The Bellmaker! I think you meant "Ungatt Trunn," there, buddy. ;)

Ashleg

I did mean Ungatt Trunn.
And then while I was posting that it switched to another thread without my knowing (I'm on an IPod) and I posted the reply there, and so by the time I deleted it and said what I did here in response to my mistake, I was just done.

I've been staying up too late.

Kitsune

I never really liked any villains, but I favored some over others. I always felt sorry for Chickenhound/Slagar - he seemed like a character that happened to be in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Ashleg

Quote from: Kitsune on June 15, 2016, 04:48:34 PM
I never really liked any villains, but I favored some over others. I always felt sorry for Chickenhound/Slagar - he seemed like a character that happened to be in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Not even Plugg?

Kitsune

I didn't exactly consider him a villain. He was a grey character in my opinion.

Jetthebinturong

"Grey" and "villain" are not mutually exclusive terms. Plugg Firetail was both.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Captain Tammo

Emporer Ublaz Made Eyes, hands down!

Pearls of Lutra

This guy was awesome! and had it not been for Martin II being immune to his hypnotizing glare, I think Ublaz would've survived (I mean, there was also Rasconza to worry about). But that's not why he's my favorite.

Ublaz was a villain who started at the bottom, worked his way up to be a successful corsair captain and skilled swordsbeast. He eventually amassed a following and decided to found his own blinkin' empire!. He chopped all the trees off Sampetra and rationed them out. Why? Because he's a bad guy and it gave him a monopoly on what ships needed most to prevent rotting away: wood!

While his fleets of corsairs did his work for him, Ublaz made himself a palace, hypnotized an entire population into serving him, and amassed a staggering fortune. Just to show off, he hypnotized a coral snake. Because why not?!

Put Ublaz up against any of the other Redwall villains from the books and who would win? Probably Ublaz. Gulo the Savage? Big, scary, but dumb as rocks. BANG! hypnotized and now Ublaz has a wolverine fighting for him. What's that? Cluny can't be hypnotized for some unknown reason? That's okay, Ublaz has a reputation as a skilled swordsbeast and could stand his ground in a fight. That is, assuming Cluny can take down Gulo and the other hypnotized horde, first >:D
[close]
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ashleg

That's something I feel the series really missed: battles of titans. Brian seemed to like the idea of the little guy triumphing, and it was an ongoing theme throughout his books. He even said it himself in one of those mini videos of him. I suppose it didn't hurt the stories too much, but I would still have liked to have seen some really ferocious fights between some seriously top-notch characters.
The best satisfaction to that urge I got when Urgan Nagru fought Finnbarr Galedeep.
That was a wuss fight. Now, LP vs the Rapscallions was truly Titan. Also, Cregga totally REKT Damug, so in general the whole fight was awesome.

I'm gonna draw this now because we all secretly want to see it.

Hickory

@Leo: I wouldn't say he's that strong. He might be able to hold his own in a 1 on 1 fight with Cluny (if they ever actually fought without backup...) but he certainly wouldn't win a fight against a larger and, ultimately, more skilled opponent. Cluny didn't become warlord for nothing.

And while he may have a large army, he only has about 60 monitors (quickly defeated by the relatively small Redwall force in Pearls) and the rest are trident rats. While skilled, they don't have any particular skills that would win them a fight with a large, varied army like Cluny's. I will admit, though, he's a powerful villain.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Capt. Leonardo V Williams on August 13, 2016, 09:16:58 PM
Emporer Ublaz Made Eyes, hands down!

Pearls of Lutra

This guy was awesome! and had it not been for Martin II being immune to his hypnotizing glare, I think Ublaz would've survived (I mean, there was also Rasconza to worry about). But that's not why he's my favorite.

Ublaz was a villain who started at the bottom, worked his way up to be a successful corsair captain and skilled swordsbeast. He eventually amassed a following and decided to found his own blinkin' empire!. He chopped all the trees off Sampetra and rationed them out. Why? Because he's a bad guy and it gave him a monopoly on what ships needed most to prevent rotting away: wood!

While his fleets of corsairs did his work for him, Ublaz made himself a palace, hypnotized an entire population into serving him, and amassed a staggering fortune. Just to show off, he hypnotized a coral snake. Because why not?!

Put Ublaz up against any of the other Redwall villains from the books and who would win? Probably Ublaz. Gulo the Savage? Big, scary, but dumb as rocks. BANG! hypnotized and now Ublaz has a wolverine fighting for him. What's that? Cluny can't be hypnotized for some unknown reason? That's okay, Ublaz has a reputation as a skilled swordsbeast and could stand his ground in a fight. That is, assuming Cluny can take down Gulo and the other hypnotized horde, first >:D
[close]

I actually never considered that. Though I don't think Cluny would be immune to Ublaz's hypnosis, he proved himself to be weak-willed when it came down to it. Slagar and Ungatt Trunn on the other hand, well...

Could someone write a fanfic about Ublaz conquering the entire world please? Because I'm pretty sure Cap'n Leo is on to something here.

Quote from: Ashleg on August 13, 2016, 09:20:30 PM

I'm gonna draw this now because we all secretly want to see it.

I definitely do.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

That fanfic idea doesn't sound half bad. I might do a one shot type short story.

Ashleg

Didn't it mention in the book that Ublaz got kind of (physically) weak from living such a soft life..?

Hickory

Yup. He had trouble running away from Rasconza (which almost cost him his life)