News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatch of Southsward

This is a survival roleplaying game. It's a mixture of Overlord's Orders, Roleplaying and Mafia.

A new day dawned, with one of the most beautiful sunrises of all time. Light red spread across the wispy clouds. It was yet another day in the bustling world. However, all was not exactly as it had been.

As the age old saying goes - "Red at night, sailor's delight. Red in the morning, sailors take warning!"

This violently red morning was one to especially take warning of. A terrible disease had been spreading throughout humanity, and that crimson morning was the final day that civilization would exist. The disease warped, changed and ruined its hosts. It created monsters - zombies - dead men walking, who would stop at nothing to eat and kill - creating more of themselves. The police were powerless, not realizing that only a head shot would stop these monsters. Millions of people each day became one of them, and soon only ragged groups of survivors remained.

One group of survivors had something in common. They were from all parts of the world, but had been vacationing in Florida when the catastrophe took place. Now they found themselves trekking through the tall brown grass of an abandoned farmer's field. They were well armed and well supplied. If anyone could survive, they could. But little did they know, the next couple weeks would be filled with danger and death.

WELCOME, to the first round of "Survive The Crimson Sunrise." I've thought this up pretty much on my own, and I hope you'll consider playing this survival Role play. I'm very excited to give it a try, as I've thought about it for awhile.

There is only one goal: Survive, in any way you can. And there's an infinite amount of possibilities. Creative players will last longer in new ways, and less active or blundering players will surely wish they had done better.

The game will be fast paced and will continue until only one or two people remain.

RULES:

The Host: This is me, and the host will change after each round, with the sole survivor of the previous round hosting the next one. The host is responsible with keeping the game flowing, killing off characters and controlling a wide variety of things from weather to zombies to humans not represented by forum members. Forum members will die periodically

The Players: Forum member players are responsible for their own safety. They could be killed off at any point and in any way, and have two major things to deal with. One - elemental safety. They need to make sure they are safe from the environment and zombies. The best way to do this is to set up a base with some sort of safety contraption - walls, tin cans to warn of zombies. The more creative and efficient the defense, the more likely they are to survive. Their other main concern is other players. Players can plot against one another and kill each other off. If someone is murdered, the group can decide to kick the one they deem responsible out. A player can leave the main group at any time if they are worried about the other group members. Alone, however, environmental risks are greater.

Food and supplies This game is all about coming up with clever new ways to survive. For this reason, you are all well supplied. Anything you think you would have with you, you can use. String, tins cans, bullets. anything. Be warned, the use of ammunition excessively will result in running out of ammo - which the host can decide will happen at any point. Try using melee weapons instead. You will only need food when the narrator says so. They will provide a nearby location for you to loot. This will force separate groups to converge on one location. Then they can fight, ignore each other or run away. If a group does not scavenge for food when necessary all the members may well die. (Anything can happen!)

Environment I want you to live through this apocalypse however you want to! If you want to hole up in an old school - do it! The environment, old buildings and surroundings (forests, rivers, mountains) are all within your control! If you hole up in a building it will be easier to defend, but there will be more zombies. If you hole up in the forest it will be harder to defend, but there will be fewer zombies. If players are in a group together, they need to agree upon their surroundings - you can't live in a cave and in the middle of a city at the same time! Also, if you simply write "We found a castle with mounted machine guns" The host will likely force you to edit that post. Think realistic please.

Murder: This is the most fun aspect of the game. You can kill anyone, anytime. It could be in your best interest, as it moves you closer to being the last survivor. You could also be a team player, and hope that in return no one will attempt to kill you or suspect you. To murder someone, simply send the host a Private Message detailing how you plan to murder this person. The more elaborate and innovative your plan, the more likely it is to succeed. If you plan to kill an active player, you will be less likely to succeed. Less active players are easier to kill. The host will write in how the death occurs. If Billy sends me a private message that he plans to kill Tommy at night with a knife, the host will start the next morning detailing how the group discovers Billy dead, with a bloody knife on the ground next to him. If Tommy plans to push Billy into the zombies, the host will detail how Billy suddenly stumbles and falls headlong into the zombies. The surviving players may catch the murderer in the act, or suspect someone. They must decide as a group if they want to execute someone, send them away on their own, or do something else. Just talk about it and decide - you can do anything!

Sanity Every time you kill someone your sanity will go down. If you murder them, especially. A great strategy is to act nice and part of the team, while killing people off like a crazy person. However, if you kill too many people, the host can decide that you are insane, or evil. They will then send you a PM, telling you that you can no longer be nice often to other players, or that you must show some sort of aggression on a zombie. This is why you want to be careful when you do things not morally right.

Charcters Forum members can submit their own characters. The host may be looking for a specific combination. For example, a little girl character would not have any skills, but would boost the group's Sanity. If she were to be killed, this would deeply hurt the group's sanity. A strong male character would make the place safe and can deal with zombies. A nurse character would not be able to fight zombies well, but could cure diseased or injured survivors.

Going off on your own or splitting up If the group seems to be crumbling, or quarreling, you can decide to leave the group. You can even talk with other survivors secretly over PMs about leaving and forming your own group. When there are two or more different groups the host will make different things happen to each group. Both groups can attack one another or attempt to steal supplies. They will run into each other again, because the host will force everyone to loot the same supermarket for food or something similar.

Winning The host will kill off players who do not put up good defenses or don't post often enough. The game will continue into there is only one player left standing. If two or more players form a tight knit team, two players can survive rather than having to turn on each other - as that wouldn't make any sense. If this happens, the host decides who is most deserving to be the next host.

RULE NUMBER 1: Be creative, and don't worry about rules. This is about fun, not rigidness. Just PM the host if you think someone has overstepped or you are worried about doing something. Again, This is about fun - not restrictions
RULE NUMBER 2: Don't publicly try to moderate other players, just PM the host. It is his responsibility to keep things in line.
RULE NUMBER 3: Moderators outrank even the host. Follow the forum rules. Do not do anything too over the top.

Points If you die first you receive one point. If you die second you receive two points and so on.

Best Survivors:
1. Gonff                        -         3 Points
2. Søren                        -         2 Points
3. James Gryphon            -        1 Points
------                           -         0 Points
------                           -        0 Points

Hosts:
Round 1 - Fatch of Southsward

Current Players:
1.    Sagetip(Kyle Katarn)[alive]
2.    Eulalia (Eul)[alive]
3.    Delthion (Delthion) [alive]
4.    Gonff (Wilbur Dakfield) [dead]
5.    Sandpaw ( Antonio Francis) [alive]
6.    Groddil (Jason Taylor) [alive]
7.    Søren(Søren)  [dead]
8.    James Gryphon (Sergei Savin) [dead]
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Fatch of Southsward

I hope this all makes sense. Please ask questions if you need to. Here's a summary

Survive and interact with other players, survive the things the host throws at you, murder people, deal with possible murderers however you want to or team up. stay with the group, split off into another group or go out on your own.

Fatch of Southsward

To make a character it's just like a normal RolePlaying game [human characters, for now.]:

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Anything else you want to add - please add!

Hickory

I'll join, but I'm afraid i don't have the time to fill out a character sheet just yet.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

Great! No hurry  ;D

(I'm kinda self conscious about hosting parties or starting things, so it's really comforting that you joined.  :) )

Eulaliaaa!

This sounds really fun, I'll make a character sheet after I've eaten breakfast! ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

I will definitely join this! When I get home in a bit Ill get my sheet up!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

Ok, here's my character sheet.

Name: Eulalia, goes by Eul
Race: Human
History: Went to go camping in Florida. When the plane landed, zombies were already there.
Appearance: short, only about five feet tall. Long blond hair and green/brown eyes. Wears good running shoes, dark jeans, a t-shirt and a dark fleece jacket. Though she is small, what she lacks in strength, she makes up for in speed.
Strengths: quite fast, and does lift weights at the gym so she's not completely helpless when it comes to strength. When she is determined, she will get something done. Also, because she is sensitive to touch, smell, and sound, she will notice any change involving those three.
Weaknesses: she cannot swim, she freaks out if a bug lands on her, and she has Asperger's Syndrome which means she isn't very good at reading people and has sensory issues. Because she is sensitive to touch, smell, and sound, things will often bother her and make it harder for her to focus.
Items: she has a backpack which carries all she considers necessary. A machete is strapped to her belt, a pocket knife in her pocket, a flashlight clipped onto her belt. In the backpack are batteries, an extra pair of clothes, money, bottled water, some canned food, a few mechanical pencils and a journal, a toothbrush and toothpaste, lotion, hand-sanitizer, a flash drive, and a Redwall book.

Tell me if there's anything I need to change (wasn't sure if I could already have the supplies or collect them later on).
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

Name: Wilbur Dakfield
Race: Human (White I'm guessing for specifics)
History: Wilbur led a pretty quite and peaceful life in West Virginia. His parents both worked long office hours, so he, being an only child, was alone a lot. This benefitted him however as would explore the forest and surrounding area. Here, he picked up many skills such as Archery, recognizing different plants, and spotting differnet tracks from animals. This curiousity led him to write many a story about the differnet things he would find. By the time he was in college, he had picked up a writing gig at the local newspaper joint and wrote small articles here and there. In his free time he began writing his book, which he planned to publish, but was not able to since college took a bit longer than planned. Now, he had been sent from West Virginia to Florida to do an article on an invasive plant species that orgiginated from there. A week after arriving, the zombies suddenly started to grow in number.
Appearance: Has shaggy brown hair, blue rimmed glasses, and long slacks and polo. Only mild sandels cover his feet. Very tall, around 6'1, and lanky as well. Has blue eyes, and very good hearing.
(Gonna copy Eul here)
Strengths: Can hear and see very well, has keen senses. Knows a lot about the wilderness and animals. He also is good at archery, but using a gun in tough situations is also good.
Weaknesses: Gets nervous and scared very easily. His aim with weapons such as guns is very unsteady, and his stamina is not very high. This is why he usually proposes to sneak around and not use utter brute force.
Items: Has a backpack full of things such as a small spade, fork and spoon, his pistol, assortment of cans, pocket pens and notepad, extra straps of cloth, canteen, couple of old nails and hammer, and dagger. He added a separate pocket for food keeps his bow on his soldier. Also, on his belt is his ammo clip and side quiver which is full of blue feathered fletchings.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

Name: Kyle Katarn
Race: White male
Occupation: Jedi Owner of a well-known computer shop in Cincinnati
History: Kyle showed a natural talent for hardware at a young age. His parents nurtured this talent throughout high school and as he got an engineering degree in college. Going on to become semi-famous in the U.S. his fame declined as he shunned it to pursue his strong suit in a variety of high tech repair jobs, working for companies like Apple and Microsoft. Now he puts that experience to good use running his own computer repair shop.
Appearance: Kyle has dark brown hair, mustache and beard. He wears a semi-casual collared shirt with khaki pants.
Strengths: Good with tech, Kyle can produce and repair fantastic contraptions capable of many things. Sensors, booby traps, and even weapons helped him evade the zombie threat throughout the dawn.
Weaknesses: Ensnared by terrible OCD and a fear of failing, he can be extremely self destroying at times. A foil to his technological brilliance, his mentality prevents him from making do with what he has.
Equipment: Set of computer tools, intelligence, a special taser that he nicknamed Tesla.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

Name: Delthion
Race: Human
History: He always hated Florida, but he was dragged there by his family, who were killed in the first few days.
Appearance: 5'11", short brown hair. Blue eyes, rather lanky, but decently strong. Wears shorts, t-shirt and hiking shoes.
Strengths: (In this case.) Fearless, calculating, logical, skilled with a blade, and a decent shot.
Weaknesses: Detests swimming, is much more confident being alone. Tries to be a leader frequently, doesn't always work out well.
Items: Many things. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

Name: Antonio Francis
Race: Human, Hispanic

History: An immigrant from Mexico Antonio moved to the United States at a young age and lived the life of a traveler eventually settling down in Florida. He was exceptionally smart an very quickly graduated High School and Collage. He wanted to serve a good cause so he joined the C.D.C hoping to help people, and continue his Education to get a masters in medicine. Unfortunately the Zombie crises began and Antonio was assigned to a unit trying to develop a cure, vaccine, anything that could help. Something went wrong during testing however and the entire team was killed with the exception of Antonio. He is still attempting to continue his work, however he is forced to move from place to place making it difficult to get anything done.

Appearance: Antonio is Hispanic of medium height. He wears a dirty pair of kakis, a button down, and white lab coat. He has a backpack full of medical gear, and other equipment he's found. He also wears a baseball cap with an imprint of the C.D.C logo.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Name: Jason Taylor
Race: Human (Caucasian)
History: Jason Taylor was once a highly successful businessman, and one of the most powerful men in the country. Two years ago; however, Jason lost his family in a terrorist attack, and was never the same. He took to the mountains, to live the rest of his life alone. To protect himself from bear attacks, Jason's manor near the summit is stocked with guns and ammunition, as well as a large kitchen with a lot of frozen food. Should the power go out, there is enough fresh food to last Jason two weeks.
Appearance: Jason is a Caucasian male of medium height. He is wiry and not very muscular, meaning he tries not to engage enemies in close quarters, but will if he has to. Jason is constantly seen wearing warm clothing, and constantly has at least one knife strapped to his belt and a powerful rifle in his backpack to ward off bears.
Oi, guess what? I searched for Jason Taylor and here's what I found. Seems legit.
[close]
Items: Because of his lifestyle, Jason's home is stocked with many items required to survive in the mountains. In addition to guns, ammunition, and food, Jason has a small gas stove with several gas bottles that will allow him to boil the surrounding snow into drinkable water, and a lot of warm clothing. Despite being geared up to survive, Jason is not very good at using his equipment, and if locked out of his home, it would be much more difficult for him to survive. Now, miles from his home and in Florida, Jason will do anything to get back to the Rocky Mountains.

Søren

Name: Søren
Race: Caucasian of confusing descent
History: Was headed on the right track to a successful person and family until the apocalypse. Family and loved ones were lost, tragically.
Appearance: About 6 foot tall, black hair, mostly tan
Anything else you want to add - please add!
Really doesn't have many violent tendencies, but all of that has been blown away since the apocalypse.

I'm retired from the forum