News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Advice for Fanfiction Writers

Started by Captain Tammo, July 10, 2016, 05:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Thanks Delenathe! I like the example lol. For me at least, sometimes I get carried away with the italics if I use them for emphasis. So what I usually do is avoid them unless I really, reaaaally need them for something. Then they can really make something stick out to the reader (as well as show some tone of voice and pitch variation with character dialogue)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Sebias of Redwall

Ahem. Just got done reading this and thought I'd revive it.

Honestly, I'm fairly new at the writing world myself. So I might give my subjective opinion on some things, but remember to take them with a grain of salt.  ;) One thing that I find is very useful when writing a book (For me, at least) is to have someone that I can talk to about it. This can be extremely useful if you struggle with staying focused on your writing. It might depend on the person in question, but sometimes a second opinion can be amazing for a writer, and keep them excited to finish their work. Also, editors and proofreaders are very helpful.

Anywho, has anyone got any advice they'd like to share?   :)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!