Crews of the Open Breeze RP

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, July 11, 2016, 05:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

The blue fox hopped politely around the sea worn ship. What joy surfaced in his blue eyes and cheeky grin, it would make any soul light up. Quickly he walked down the boarding plank onto the small harbor dock, and pulled out the mysterious map given to him only days ago. Once again he studied the different markings. A maelstrom to the upper east, this tall volcano to the west, and many a island scattered all about. But what intrigued him the most was the X at the top of the map. Neither he or his crew knew where this map was, nor if was even still relevant, but that was no matter. All they cared for was the treasure marked at that X.

Marshall looked up from his quest and gave a last look to the dock. A few of his men were hauling the rest of the supplies stuff as extra rope and clean water aboard. The salty wind caressed the small village town, as if it too were departing with The Blu Tale. There of course was the lonely rat bidding a farewell to the maiden he had mat on their quick stop, as well as the mothers tearing up for their sons who had joined the pirate crew. All of it, the sense and unknown adventure lying beyond the rising sun, made Marshall just as giddy as he ever had been. But still, before they set off, the captain still had some work to do.

Like a blue streak Marshall used his speed and ran back to upon the ship. There he called out for his First Mate to help him with something real quick.
"Alfonso! Alfonso! Where be y'mate! We needs t'finish one last quick thing before we head off!"

OOC: If you have your own ship, you are welcome to start where ever you like.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

W0NWILL

Aline was more than ready to get going. While in port, she may have hustled a couple rats, and, though she had technically won the arm wrestling match fair and square, she'd taken a little more off them than she technically should have, and she should probably be going before things got hairy.

She was leaning against the railing of the ship, eyes half closed, and enjoying the sun. She turned around as the Captain came aboard, "I saw 'im," she called, "ye, 'e was wastin' time gettin' all the drinks 'e could get while 'e could run off wiffout payin' aftawards, nice'n'easy." She grinned, enjoying her lying for the sake of lying. She hadn't seen Alfonso for a couple hours, no idea where he'd gone off to. She'd still lie about it for fun.

Groddil

The Plundered Pirate, terror of the high seas, had set sale once more. Verenya Haresbane adjusted her belt and watched with grim satisfaction as several slaves were forced below desks. Unfortunately for Mechi the Mole, his initial captors were enemies of the pirate, and her enemies never lived long. The vixen's ship had led a small fleet of ships to an archipelago of islands, far from Mossflower, which were the domain of slave drivers. The slaver ships had been destroyed before they left dock, and not long after the mole had escaped, the fox's army stormed the slave compound and slaughtered the islanders. Now, Verenya had a valuable cargo of workbeasts, the island's treasures, and an unwitting stowaway...

<-V->

Shortly after the fleet of pirates split up, the booty and slaves split between them, Verenya called her steersrat, and most trusted crewbeast, to her.
"Blackfang. Have you recognized anything in the map yet?"
The rat, who was named for his rotting, filthy teeth, gave a disgusting grin.
"Oh, aye, marm. I jus' noticed 'ow similar dese isles on da map are ta da very arpelachio we's in."
"Archipelago, you nitwit, not 'arpelachio.'"
"Er, sorry marm, but I really 'as. Look, dere's da main isle an' da souf point, an' dere's slavers bay. I fink if I steers yer ship aroun' da western isle and shoots norf-east, we'll be on trail."
"Why are we takin' detours around the western isle? It'd add three days to our journey, easily."
"Doncha know, marm? Dere's savages in da Pincer Pass. Dey waits until nobeast's lookin', then sneaks aboard on dere canoes an' slits everybeast's throats. 'Tis a terrible fing."
The vixen pondered the thought for a moment.
"Okay, I have a better idea. I'll have a bird sent back to the fleet, tell them if they come with us for longer, they get a share in the final treasure at the end."
Blackfang giggled, leaning on the mizzenmast.
"Oh, marm, but dey won't, will dey?"
Verenya shook her head.
"No, they won't. We have their ships surround us when we go through the pass. If any others survive, we'll sink them when we're close to our target. Now get back to the wheel, take us away from here before the slavers' allies show up."
Blackfang saluted, rushing aft.
"On it, marm. Good luck wiff da birds, eh?"

<-V->

The "birds" the pirates spoke about were, curiously, ospreys. Verenya's crew had stumbled across a small colony of the birds one day, and the vixen saw an opportunity. She told them of how their final destination, across the Western Sea, had the tastiest fish known to anybeast, but it was too far for an osprey to fly. The crafty fox struck a bargain, offering passage across the ocean in exchange for serving her, and carrying messages to her allies. Now, she emerged from her cabin with a bag of scrolls in hand. Verenya stuck two claws in her mouth and let forth a high-pitched whistle. Almost immediately, a large fish hawk flapped down from the masthead, landing in front of her.
"Kraaaaaahhh! Earthcrawler boss want what?"
Verenya grinned, thrusting the bag towards the bird.
"Take this with you, a short flight south. Deliver one scroll to each ship."
"Reeeeeaaaaaahhhh! Earthcrawler boss feed Krakorip. Krakorip help earthcrawler boss!"
The osprey snatched the bag in his powerful talons, before shooting off towards the horizon.

Hickory

Picking a teeth clan with one of his paws, Longclaw yawned and blinked blearily while boarding the ship. He a limp salute to the captain before wincing and grabbing his head. "Ow... Stupid headache..."

Ignoring everyone else on deck, he managed to reach his bunk below decks. Slumping in the small bed, he tried to go to sleep but couldn't from the massive headache. He had spent all of last night out drinking at the single tavern, and then woke up dumped on the streets. From there he had made his way to the ship.

Finally managing to get into a doze, Longclaw closed his eyes as the waves faded in his ear

OOC: Lol that was a weird post.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Smoke twirled through the rafters of a filthy little wharf tavern, the stench of drink and scum was pertinent to the extreme. Most of the pirates surrounding a little twobeast table were bothered by the smell, but to mention it would be considered a sign of weakness, not to mention a clouting from the tavern keeper.

Two creatures occupied the chairs of the table, lines of shot glasses stacked in front of them. Alfonso was one of these two, the blonde Portuguese ferret was in his element, a sly smile on his face. His opponent a stoat; looked ill, and horribly drunk. Reaching out Alfonso snatched up two shot glasses and downed them together licking his lips in pleasure. No beast noticed his slight of paw, and the liquid disappearing down his leg.

The stoat attempted to copy Alfonso his unsteady paw sending a few of the glasses clattering to the floor. Alfonso leaned back, propping his footpaws up on the table.

"Say matey, ye are looking a bit unner th' weather there."

The stoat nodded, slurped down half a shot, then seemingly in slow-motion he fell back crashing into the floor. Silence reigned supreme as the pirates waited with tense breath.

"Grraaplplpluuuuh." A revolting snore was all they had been waiting for. A cheer rose from the audience while trinkets and weapons passed paws as somebeast ordered drinks all around. Hardly anybeast had been foolish enough to bet against Alfonso and most were winners.

"Disappointing really," Alfonso commented as a server passed him a mug of grog. "He didn't even last as long as the other one." His gaze traveled over to a rat who now had the stoat for a snoring companion. Alfonso's celebration drink was cut short however as a corsair weasel pushed through the crowd tapping him on the shoulder.

"Gotta go First Mate, th' Cap'n will be wantin' ye." The weasel growled. "I'm thinkin' we'll miss th' launchin' if'n we don' hurry."

"Aye? Lets wait a moment then... I'm joking, c'mon matey." The two rose, slipping out of the tavern and onto the dirty streets. They made good time to the harbor, just in time to hear the captain's shout. Raising his paw Alfonso darted up the gangplank, shouting back.

"Aye Cap'n?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Aimless Gallivanter

Coop gave his opponent another solid punch, which knocked the rat out cold. Cheers and boos sounded from outside the ring, but Coop ignored them, taking his prize money and vest from the MC and silently leaving the fighting ring. A small cut above his eye still bled a little, and his ribs were newly bruised, but his nose had stopped bleeding. It didnt feel broken. Out in the street, Coop paused at a rain barrel to wash the blood off his face. It seemed about time to be getting back to the ship. He didnt want to keep the captain waiting.

He climbed the gangplank a minute after Alfonso. The ferret reeked of booze.
im gay!!!!!!

Eulaliaaa!

Little Seadog balanced on the railing of The Blu Tail, watching the docks below. There was a rat standing among the crowd, weeping and wailing as she waved goodbye to the young rat standing by the railing where Seadog was perched. He waved goodbye back to the rat, holding back tears bravely. With a sneer, Seadog stepped off the railing, the pitiful goodbyes of the couple ringing in her ear like a sickness. She expertly scaled up to the crow's nest, leaning dangerously outward as she scanned the shore with her keen eyes. There, laying among the rocks, was Vermin's Despair. Her small ship, big enough only for her, that she had left behind to tag along with the crew of The Blu Tail.

Word could have gotten around about the treasure, and Vermin's Despair was no where near seaworthy. As much as she hated being near anything living, she thought it was worth it. She watched with little interest as the captain took off looking for Alfonso, a ferret she disliked without even meeting. As the noise rose up to her ears, she let her nose twitch slightly in disgust. This was going to be a long trip.

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall both dismayed and excited by what both his crew members had said. On one paw, Alfonso was once again in a Tavern, but now he was here and ready to help. The blue fox gave a quick nod to Aline and waved to his First Mate.
"There y'be mate! Now, let me show you what's going down." Like a flash once more, Marshall sped away, across the ship, but came quickly back with a heap of blue stained rope. "See here, this is wot I'll b'callin' our Treasure Rope. We'll string it up from the first mast to the tippity front. And when we find that great ol' treasure, we shall cut it in celebration!" But before the fox set off, he called out to Aline, "Say Ally, could y'get Coop for me? Send him up front, and you can tag along if y'want!"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

W0NWILL

Aline stared intently at him, not enjoying the nickname. She wouldn't outwardly show her dislike for it, no, she'd learned to never outwardly disrespect or disobey those who were in charge, or they were liable to get you executed. She'd seen that happen many times before during her horde days.

The mongoose straightened up and padded towards Coop, taking her time, "Cap'n wants ya up front." She said, already deciding that she would follow Coop to see what the captain was up to.

-

Mechi shifted uncomfortably in his nest, wedged between the wall of the ship and several barrels of...something. It seemed drinkable, but it didn't smell like anything he'd come by before. Some form of vermin grog, probably. The poor mole's tail was already soaked by the bilgewater in the bottom of the ship, and he was already feeling sick to the stomach by the rocking of the boat. He wasn't meant for a seafaring life. Give him warm, dry land between his digging claws anytime! But still. He was relatively free, and that was what was important. Freedom and food, everything else was optional.

Aimless Gallivanter

"I 'eard th' Cap'n, mongoose," Coop growled, and dropped what he was doing to go see what the blue fox wanted. He ignored Aline, who was following him, as he made his way to the front.
"Aye, Cap'n, whattaya need?"
im gay!!!!!!

LT Sandpaw

"Aye. Cap'n." Alfonso droned gathering the blue rope in his paws. He stomped down to the lower deck spotting two creatures near the railing.
"Hey ye, ugly ferret, an' ye, cryin' rat get yer tails over here." He motioned towards little Seadog and a young rat who still had some tears in his eyes." He held up the rope glaring from one to the other. "Which one o' ye wants to climb th' foremast an' tie this rope up there? An' which o' ye wants to climb th' prow and tie it down there? Captain's orders, an' mine so work it out, an get it done." He tossed the rope to the two and swaggered off trying to pick on anybeast who wasn't doing something.
"Ye there, fetch me some grog, an' ye, get ten beasts an' gather punting poles, ye'll be pushin' us off. Ye lazy, layabout, laggards, don' sit there grinning like ducks, an' if ye roll yer eyes at me again mateys an' I'll carve them out of yer skulls. Climb th' masts an' get ready to raise the sails."

OOC: Feel free to PP the rat Eul.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall looked as Alfonso took the rope, then glanced back to the two.
"Y'say Ally, I b'thinking that Alfonso has got this one t'day. However, we b'pushing off soon, so don't get y'paws too rested up!" And with that, the Captain nodded to them and scurried off. But before going to far out of range, he called back out to the pair, "Say Coop, would y'mind grabbin' me a wet rag for a tad?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Groddil

OOC: A wet rag. This is a rag:

Spoiler
[close]

Aimless Gallivanter

OOC: i know what a rag is, thanks. @Gonff the Mousethief  do you really mean a wet rag as Groddil says? What do you need it for? a tad? im sorry i dont understand am i over thinking things
im gay!!!!!!