News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Crews of the Open Breeze RP

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, July 11, 2016, 05:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Patting the railing affectionately Alfonso chewed on his lower lip in consideration. "Th' Blu Tail is a fine ship Cap'n, fast n' true no doubt. Mayhap with full sail an a bit o' luck we could outrun anythin', but we're plunging straight into dangerous waters. Piling on full sail an' rushing head on'd be a sure way to ram ourselves a reef."
Turning to Little Seadog the blonde ferret gestured towards the oncoming vessel. "I much as I hate to say it, yer right. Standin' n' fightin' isn't going to end well for us, but they might catch up either way. We'll need armed crew mates ready to stop 'em from boardin' by any means necessary. Ye catchin' what it is I'm putting down cully?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

"Aye," Little Seadog replied. "I doubt they'd stand much o' a chance agin that crew. So what we gon' do if'n they 'appens t'take out th' crew? I'll get 'em ready.... but I wouldn't be gettin' my hopes up." She let her paw rest on the hilt of her weapon, looking thoughtful for a second. The odds of them winning in a fight were low. The odds of them out running the ship were low. The odds of survival? Low.

OOC: so, we've kind of put ourselves in a difficult situation... :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Time for a bit of fancy flying sailing.
          Never tell Alfonso the odds.
          Greedo Gutclaw shot first.
                *Ahem*

IC:

"Listen lass, I reckon every member of th' crew will fight like ten beasts if'n they knew it was for their very lives, the greedy swabs." Leaning over the railing of the wheel deck Alfonso shouted down to the massed crewbeasts below. "Harken, every last mother's son o' ye! A load o' otters have sailed up on th' Blu Tail an' they ain't taking prisoners. Arm yeselves and get ready to sail n' fight like ye've never have before, if ye ain't up to it jump overboard now. I'm thinking th sharks'll be kinder to ye then me!"

Turning back to Little Seadog and Marshall the blue eyed ferret winked, rubbing his paws together gleefully. "That'll put a spring in their step no doubt. Cap'n, fancy taking the wheel?"

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Dang, we were only going through Tashi Station Fire's Agony to buy find some power converters marked treasure.

BIC:

A giddy smile smacked itself upon Marshall upon Alfonso's request.
"Y'think I wouldn't? Go 'head and make sure every one o'them sails b'at top speed. We'll need t'give 'er all we got. And Lil' Seadog, can y'make sure that the crew b'ready? One mere rat can still slay 'least two others."
Marshall nodded to them both and hobbled up to the wheel. Everything still felt tight and ready, just as it had the night before. This was going to be one wild ride. He dug his blue paws into the salt worn wood and gave a hard steer opposite of the approaching vessel. The whole crew rocked while he called out from behind the wheel, "Get ready! W'b'feelin' like true pirates now!"
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: :P BTW ya'll take control over the enemy if you want. My basic plan was them having a few scuffles, but then the pirates maneuvering so that the other guys run into a reef. What do ya'll think?

IC:

The blonde ferret politly stepped aside, preforming an elegant bow and salute to the fox captain. "Aye Cap'n, will do, we'll give 'em a fight they wont soon forget. Haharr, Little Seadog." He turned to the smaller ferret, drawing both hatchet and cutlass. "I reckon I gut more privateers then ye, hoy even better I reckon I get double wot ye get. Bet me best hatchet on it." He twirled the little axe expertly in his left paw, winking roguishly. "Wot ye say eh?"

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: good idea, I like it. What do you think, Gonff?

BIC: Little Seadog drew her rapier and twirled it skillfully before pointing it at Alfonso. "I've killed more beasts wi' this ole beauty than ye've had suppers, matey. Lesse who c'n gut more o' th' seascum. I bet my bottle o' th' finest grog t'ever grace th' seas. Addersting wi' a drop o' 'otroot, strong 'nough t'put hair on yer chest and a shine on yer tail. Bet some o' those otters'd slit their own messmate's throat fer a drink o' it! Haharr, aye, they would!"

Turning to the crew that had gathered on deck nervously, she lifted her sword high. "Alright, ye yellow-bellied, gutless, blunderin', sorry excuses fer son's o' seasick cowards! Lissen t'me, all o' ye! Get yer weapons ready fer blood'n'guts, ye miserable lot! Those otters mean business, an' so do I! So if'n I see a single one of ye hidin' while yer mates fight an' die for ye, I'll gut ye an string ye upside down on th' side o' th' ship t' feed ye to th' fishes! Ye hear me? So quit shakin', or ye'll have a lot more'n those otters t' be scared of! We're not goin' down easy, we're th' raking's and scraping's o' th' sea, an' we'll send all those landlubbers t' 'Ellgates!"

The crew cheered, though still thoroughly frightened. Either of Seadog or the otters, they probably weren't sure. Preparing for attack, they nervously looked around, trying to control their shaking paws.

OOC: That wasn't too much, was it? ;D I love Little Seadog.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: I like it to. Let's go for it.

BIC:

Marshall smiled just a tad while listening to Alfonso and Little Seadog's challenge. He was betting on Alfonso.
With another great spin, he turned the ship farther to the left, hoping to gain something from it. He saw the last of the crew making sure all the sails were as ready as possible, so there was little to gain at this point. It was either keep going and trick out the enemy, or hope they didn't pursue for much longer. Well, those were the two options before the blue fox looked back.

The ship was in a clear view from his own, with the details on the sails and the otters aboard it seen quite well. This was perfect for Marshall, since when he looked, he saw two major sails unfurl from the main masts. Almost instantly the ship sped closer to the Blu Tail.
"Get ready! They've sped up!" He yelled as a warning to the cheering crew down below. "Alf! Ge' ready on starboard, they ain't b'slowin' down!"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

"Haharr, yer on Little Scoundrel." Alfonso agreed kissing his sword blade and saluting the other ferret. Giving her one last wink he descended the stairs, standing amongst the armed crew, joining in as they hurled insults towards the pursuing ship.

The ferret's ears perked up at Marshall's orders and he hurried to the Starboard in response. "Hold on to ye tails lads," he shouted over the sea and waves. "They're ridin' th' current straight at us!" He ducked quickly as a dozen brightly fletched arrows thudded into the woodwork all along the Blu Tail's starboard side. Nobeast was hit, but there were many close calls. Marshall was right, the Calamer's Freedom wasn't going to slow down any time soon, and with that first volley of arrows, they clearly were ready to attack.

"Hoy Alfonso, seahounds r'enterin' th' water. They be swimmin' wit' a purpose towards us." A crewbeast called out before a arrow sank into his heart. Alfonso cursed allowed, catching the dead pirate, and laying him down a short ways from the railing.

"Good eye matey, ye sleeps there now." Turning to Little Seadog he relayed the deceased pirate's message to her. "They're tryin' to board us wit' swimmers. They'll be goin' for th' Cap'n no doubt, try'n to take th' wheel deck an' scuttle th' Blu Tail."

At that moment a deep bass voice rose from the opposing ship, hailing both captain and crew. "Surrender th' ship ye pirate scum, yer days o' villainy be o'er! Mayhap we'll let ye live n' th' brig if'n ye surrender now, run n' fight an' ye'll be caught n' hanged fr'm th' mizzen! E'ry one one o' ye!"

Eulaliaaa!

Little Seadog laughed like some crazed maniac as she kissed the blade of her sword. "Let 'em come, mates. We'll give 'em blood an' a one way ticket t' 'Ellgates!" As the first of the otters climbed up onto the ship, she kicked him off and sent him splashing back into the water. Decapitating another, she continued to laugh.

LT Sandpaw

"Oi!" Alfonso shouted, sliding his cutlass across the throat of his first kill. The otters couldn't come in force while swimming and so the vermin held, taking few casualties, but the enemy ship was getting steadily closer, and the rain of arrows thinned out the pirates' ranks considerably. "It only counts if'n ye kill 'em yerself Little Seadog. That means ye only got'n one kill. Th' one ye kick in th' water don' count."

Alfonso smashed his hatchet into the skull of a big female who was climbing the railing, sending her tumbling back into the water. "An' tha's two for me!"

Gonff the Mousethief

Surprised by how fast the first wave of Otters hit, the blue fox captain soon had to think of an idea before another group was sent in. While in his thinking, one of the opposing crew members managed to climb up bending Marshall and ready him as a target. But just as the big otter leaped, he let out a terrifying yell which proved to be his last flaw. Marshall heard him and quickly whacked away with him broom stick, knocking the otter to the side. There, he grabbed his axe and gave his head a nice clean shave off the old body. The fox could hardly enjoy the moment, for across the waves came arrows speeding by, two of them landing in the wheel in front of the fox. This gave him the most interesting of ideas.
"Archers, t'port side! Watch y'backs f'a moment!" He cried out to the squabbling crew below. With a heavy crank to the left, the Blu Tail started in a wide loop. Marshall quickly controlled it but turning the vessel back right, this time with the archers facing the enemy and their ship.
"Fire at w'ever y'see!"
The small twangs of bow strings was the last thing some of the otters ever heard.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

Fencing back a particularly brutish otter and finishing the creature off with a couple of neat swipes of his cutlass, Alfonso looked around, surprised to find himself on the wrong side of the ship. While he had been distracted Marshall had skillfully angled the vessel so that the port side became the new battle zone.

Pleasantly amused by this, the blonde ferret cleaned off his cutlass blade, wiping the blood away on his yellow fur, frowning a bit at the mess it made. That was the problem with his coloring, blood stood out turning his fur a sickening orange, matting swathes of it together into uncomfortable spikes.

This task done Alfonso strolled back across the deck, noting the dead otter next to Marshalll. "Looks ye got one yerself Cap'n." He called, giving Marshall a thumbclaw up. "Ow things lookin' from up there? We winnin'?"

Groddil

Verenya, Blackfang, and the first mate stood on the decks of the massive ship, under close guard. The rest of the vixen's crew sat on the shore of the lagoon, staring in awe at the sheer size of the vessel. Aboard, a strange creature sat on a throne made from the bones of a great sea giant, the skull of which had been mounted on the prow. The creature looked almost like an otter, but with no claws. Next to him, a huge brown mustelid was chained to the deck, being inspected by a wildcat.
"You drive a hard bargain, Bauble-Yen."
"Yesssss... But you willlll, correct?"
"Fine. Twenty slaves and the bag of rocks."
"Goooood... A deal's a deallllll. Fisher... He is yoursssss."
The wildcat nodded respectfully, as a weasel handed him the chain. The wildcat grinned.
"A boat will take you to your ship, Furyyyy..."
The wildcat and the large creature trundled off. The "otter" beckoned Verenya.
"Here, vixennnn..."
"Bauble-Yen. It's been a while."
"Yesss... Why are you here, vixennnn? You approach my ship like a walkerrrr..."
"Our ship was destroyed. We were attacked going through Pincer Pass."
"A captain of so many seasons like you would know betterrrrr... Why would you go through the Passss? You know the dangers that lie in that place... The ratsssss..."
"We were after a treasure. Long lost to time. Many have died trying to find it. I won't be one of them. Neither will you."
"Mmmmm... Why?"
"There was a rat who knew of the treasure. Stubborn, took many cuts for him to spill the beans. It's plenty big enough to go around. You give me and my crew passage on your ship, we can find it. Together. We'll split it, with your crew getting two-thirds, and my crew getting what's left."
"Noooo... Your crew is not boarding my vesselllll... The three of you are welcome to join the search, but the riff-raff will stay here, on this islandddd..."
"Marooned? Left here to die with those... rats?"
"Yesssss... And if you have other ideassssss... Feel free to join themmmm..."
"Fine. The three of us get a third of the treasure."
"Wellllll... That just isn't fairrrrrrr... There are more of us than youuuuu..."
"A quarter."
"A tennnnnth..."
"A sixth."
"A tennnnnth..."
"An eighth?"
"A deallllll... Is a deallllll..."
"Thank you."
"Don't mention ittttt..."

Spoiler
[close]

Eulaliaaa!

Little Seasog glared at Alfonso. "Wha... 'ey! Who died an' let ye make all th' rules, eh? I says it's two, cause that'n's dead cause o' me." She swung her sword again, taking down another otter who fell screaming into the water. "An' now it's three!"

Looking for another otter close enough to attack, she glanced up at Marshall. "Aye, are we winnin'? Have ye got any bright ideas t'get rid o' these scum?"

Gonff the Mousethief

The blue fox quickly glanced at the two of his crew beckoning for answers. His response came from little Timblish hiding behind on the of the extra supply crates on deck.
"Hurry! Line up those crates, t'make, um, a barracade! Yes, an' get those archers 'hind it. Hurry, I'll try t'line us up t'board once we cleared up them a bit more."

This was a daring move, even for the season captain. He yelled his command at the crew and watched as those simply waiting for the onslaught began to move. Now it was his turn to help. He quickly started a slight turn to the left, seeing as how the wind was beginning to pick up speed. At this rate, they could circle the enemy and get a clear shot not only for boarding, but for fire along the way. It was risky, but a pirate's life is not as simple as a farmer's.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.