News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

RAF 5th Anniversary! Art Competition!

Started by Captain Tammo, July 31, 2016, 05:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Hey forum members!

We realized that it's been over 5 years since the Redwall Abbey forum was founded (June 2011), and a longtime community member suggested that we hold an art competition in celebration! Being local Staff Member of the fan works boards, I thought I'd spearhead the planning and organizing portion of the contest. If you would like to help, you are certainly welcome!

Rules of the contest:

• Any kind of art (i.e. drawing, painting, photography, song or sheet music, crafts, etc. If you want to make poetry, pair it with one of those other options. So a picture with a poem, or sheet music with a poem as lyrics, crafts with a poem, etc.) is allowed to be entered, not including fanfiction or short story - hence why I posted this thread in the "Fan Artwork" board
  • No limit to how many times may/ enter. You may nominate someone else's work but may not take their prize if they win one
  • Capt. Leonardo V Williams will be the judge for this contest!
  • PRIZES! The first place winner may pick out of the prize pool: a copy of the Redwall Friend or Foe, a paper card signed by Brian Jacques, Redwall season 1 DVD (will be mailed out), or a digital prize banner that can go in your signature! The second place winner may pick their prize from the remaining prize pool, and third picks from the remaining prize pool after the second place winner
  • The theme of the contest is the Redwall Community - that is the only guideline. You are an artist! Interpret the theme how you wish
  • Contest will run until September 1st
  • Submit entries via PM to Capt. Leonardo V Williams

The competition is over, but please feel free to check out the entries, or add some of your own work to the gallery!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Kitsune

I really like this idea. A few things:
   - Does it have to be Redwall-themed art?
   - I am an avid lover of poetry. However, it seems a bit unfair, as they are much easier to create than, say, a painting would. Just a thought.

Ashleg

If someone could give me a list of all the active members on this forum and an animal they'd like to be represented by...that'd be nice. :-\

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Ashleg on July 31, 2016, 07:19:16 AM
If someone could give me a list of all the active members on this forum and an animal they'd like to be represented by...that'd be nice. :-\

PoM's Fanfiction. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Kitsune

We should make a topic of this for whoever wants to write a forum fanfic or draw a group picture.

For the record, I'm a fox. :3 If it isn't painfully obvious by now.

details
•Light brown fur
•Blue eyes
•White stripe down the middle of face
•Picture for reference:
[close]

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Kitsune on July 31, 2016, 06:21:56 AM
I really like this idea. A few things:
   - Does it have to be Redwall-themed art?
   - I am an avid lover of poetry. However, it seems a bit unfair, as they are much easier to create than, say, a painting would. Just a thought.

1. I would try to keep it Redwall themed - or at the very least, Brian Jacques/ Redwall Abbey Forum themed.

2. How about this, then - Instead of having poetry in its own category, I'll eliminate that one and keep the songs and sheet-music entries open. That way, if someone wants to make some poetry, they'll then need to add something to accompany it and make a song!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

Spoiler
Aimless Gallivanter

Amarith Waterspring

Ashleg

Banya

Batlord

BlueRose

Bonaparte

Capt. Leonardo V Williams

Captain Rocktree

Chipster of Noonvale

Cornflower MM

Danflorreguba

DanielofRedwall

Delthion

Dotti Lovegood

Eulaliaaa!

Faiyloe

Fatch of Southsward

Firehawke

Gonff the Mousethief

Groddil

HanNorwood

Izeroth

James Gryphon

Jett the Binturong

Jukka the Sling

Kitsune

Lady Amber

Leatho Shellhound

Lord Ashenwyte

Lord Daskar

LT Sandpaw

Mask

Matthias720

Mhera

NileJoy

Perifæn

Rachel25

Rainshadow

Rosie Willowwater

Russa Nodrey

Rusvul

Sagetip

Skarzs

Skyblade

Soren

TaM

TheMostSilentOfSams

Wylder Treejumper
[close]

Sorry if I missed anyone :)

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on July 31, 2016, 09:55:33 PM
Can I make a poem and a picture together?

Sure! :)

I'm going to finalize the rules tonight (8/1)! So reread the proposed rules and let me know if you have any suggestions!

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rosie Willowwater

Quick question @Capt. Leonardo V Williams , If the forum was the actual Redwall Abbey, what role would you play there?

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on August 02, 2016, 04:29:53 AM
Is 3D art allowed?

Sure :)

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on August 02, 2016, 03:43:13 PM
Quick question @Capt. Leonardo V Williams , If the forum was the actual Redwall Abbey, what role would you play there?

Hm, well in real life I'm in school to be an engineer, so I guess I'd be a member of foremole's crew. But I don't do much engineering on the forum, so I'd say my role would be a regular ole abbey dweller who likes picking up projects here and there. That's pretty much how I view myself on the forum :)

I've gone ahead and finalized the rules for the competition!

We are now officially underway!

Still let me know if you have any questions - we'd love to have you participate!

The Skarzs

Will the moderators/admins be the judges? (Provided some of the less active ones ever get on.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Skarzs on August 03, 2016, 01:56:12 AM
Will the moderators/admins be the judges? (Provided some of the less active ones ever get on.)

I think that would be appropriate, but I actually have not yet figured out the judging system. I need to poll the crowd and see how many people are interested. If we have a lot of people, I'll recruit some judges but if there's only a few (like 3 or 4) I think I'll just do the judging myself to make things simpler. However, I'm not going to turn someone away who wants to get involved. Since this was your idea, Skarzs, let me know if there's anything you want done!

Speaking of how many people are in the competition (and I say this to everyone): if you are someone who is entering in the contest, please make a post saying so!