News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

OOC: Moral Dilemma

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 31, 2016, 10:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Magic can only be used through enchanted objects as far as anybeast knows, it's been that way for a good century or more. Anyone can learn it, but more often than not a beast has a certain attraction to certain elements as opposed to other ones. Finding magic fluency is the hardest part, anybeast could shoot an arrow from a fire lens bow and ignite something, fluency would be the ability to make the arrow explode. Both learning and fluency are considered difficult things to gain, but enchanting varies. There are various forms of enchanting, but the most effective require the item to be exposed to the element it will possess, serving as a sort of catalyst (more recipe like than words). There's still a lot of research being done on it (hence our character's predicament).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lord Daskar

So is this still set in the Middle Ages or is it after that but with the same weapons?

I think I'll join, don't have time to make a character right now.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Dannflower Reguba

It's a Medieval era.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lord Daskar

Name: Gurtun Soilmover

Species: Mole

Appearance: Fur was once light brown now mainly gray. He wears a coarse, homespun tunic of faded green and a brown belt. A lifetime of farming has made him muscular and healthy. Scar on back of head.

Personality: Gurtun is a grumpy, old hermit, though much more agreeable to those he knows well. He has a short temper unless he's in a very good mood, he's easily irritated due to his years of isolation, generous to those he knows. Basically he's nice to people he knows and mean to people he doesn't.

History: Gurtun was born on a farm in Southsward. He is said to be descended from Egbert the Scholar, since I can't do molespeech, but did not inherit his brains. He is the first to two brothers, the other was smart and went to live in the big city, he has not been seen by his family in 40 years. (If it's all right with you the brother could be one of the scientists at the East Outpost.) When he was young he participated in a great battle but was seriously wounded on the back of the head early on. About 25 years ago Gurtun's parents died of a sickness, he has lived alone, farming the family farm, even since but is now abducted.

Other: Though he fought in a battle he has very little military skill. Just about all he can do is farm.

Cheerful

Rosie Willowwater

I finished it :D
Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on August 02, 2016, 01:35:04 AM
I might join :)

Name: Kaite Windbrook

Species: Hedgehog

Appearance: Tall and skinny, but not starved. Her presence always seemed an odd one even though she could easily blend in in a crowd. Her fur had a faint tint of blue all over her body, and though her father and mother told her she was born with it, she had a nagging feeling it was not natural.

Personality: Jovial and bubbly, but not irrational. She always one to observe people before making an accusation.

History: Born and raised on a small farm close to the center of town. Her life was pretty average before she was taken away.

Other:

Dannflower Reguba

Faiyloe

So when is this going to be started?
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dannflower Reguba

I'll probably wait a couple more days, hopefully get another person or two interested so we have a decent RP group.

Fatch of Southsward

Name: Ellisar Dawnwind

Species: Squirrel

Appearance: Ellisar has dark brown fur, and an athletic build. He is on the taller end of the spectrum. He is well built, and very agile, as most young squirrels are. He wears a simple tan sleeveless tunic. He generally is wearing a smirk. His favorite facial expression is a slight smile in the corner of his mouth.

Personality: Ellisar acts quickly and thinks less quickly. He enjoys making friends, but he is not fond of the vermin species. He is headstrong and stubborn. He enjoys spending time with dibbuns, who often admire him. He relishes this, and plays along with their little games. He is never in his element more than when he's acting tough around someone younger than him. One of Ellisar's most important qualities is his lack of fear. Death is just another path to Ellisar - why fear or even attempt to avoid it. In his mind, everyone will die anyway. It's just a matter of going. His outspokenness and lack of fear make him a problem to those in charge who shouldn't be. Ellisar is willing to speak out about things he disagrees with, regardless of the consequences.

History: Native to Southsward, he did not agree well with the architecture and libraries and scholars. (Likely because he spent much of his time climbing on the architecture.) The other residents eventually voted to send him away when he was caught climbing buildings without permission for about the two hundredth time. They gathered a sizable force to detain him, only to find the rascal had left weeks ago. He moved east, picked a few pockets to keep food in his belly, and lived a life on the streets, or more frequently, in the woods. He slept in trees without paying a cent, and his usual meal involved grabbing a quick apple out of the barrel while passing. He was free to do as he wished though, and that's how he liked it. Then one day he went to sleep under a large oak, and awoke a prisoner.

~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Faiyloe

Just FYI, I added a bit to the end of my character sheet. It doesn't change anything, Just some information about Krain's girlfriend so I don't forget.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Lord Daskar

How long have they been at the eastern outpost?

Cheerful

Dannflower Reguba

@Fatch of Southsward: Accepted.

@Lord Daskar: roughly somewhere between 3-9 months depending on how soon after the initiation the specific captive is taken.

I'll be starting this as soon as I have time to finish my character, detail some of the more prominent story characters, and make a decent first post.

EDIT: @Rosie Willowwater: Accepted! Sorry for not saying so sooner >.<

Fatch of Southsward

Great! Looking forward to starting!  ;D
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Dannflower Reguba

Hey guys! I apologize for not starting yet, Alliance week has been..... weird. I'm not dead, I'm still looking to start soon, just haven't been, "feeling it," for those of you who might understand what I mean in RP terms -_-. Anyway, just wanted to let y'all know I'll be controlling all the story characters, so none of y'all gotta worry about it.

Milady Scribe

If it's not too late, I would rather like to jump in.

Nora Eadrom
Name: Nora Eadrom

Species: Wildcat

Appearance: Nora is quite slim but as she is also a few inches shy of average height, it only serves to make her look runty and hide her natural grace. Her primary attributes are definitely speed and agility rather than strength or endurance. Her soft, usually well-kept fur is too light to be called ginger but too red to be called blonde, and her eyes are a stormy sort of grey. Nora's usual attire consists of a comfortable and practical brown tunic and leggings, over which is a tan surcoat, leather belt, and leather bracers. She also has a birthmark--a jagged-edged splotch of red fur on her right shoulder blade.

Personality: Nora is passionate, curious, kind, garrulous, perceptive, and optimistic where it counts. She may not anticipate cheerful news in everything, but when hope is scarce you can bet on her to find some. She can get a bit touchy (especially about her size) but her ruffled pride usually heals quickly enough, and she's as willing to laugh at herself as anybeast else. Her big mouth sometimes gets her in trouble, yet she can keep a secret when necessary and is surprisingly good at sneaking around. Her temper is difficult to quench--once she's angry, it's best to stay out of her way and watch out for flying objects.

History: Nora was born and raised in Southsward, the child of a scholar and a sculptor. She has three siblings (two older, one younger) and occasionally believed that she had been born into "the wrong family". She spent most of her childhood in the library of the university where her mother taught, which gave rise to her curiosity and love of learning. It also taught her how to move quietly, which she expanded to getting around without being noticed. She was never neglected, but also never formed a strong bond with any of her relatives except her older sister Bridget. That, coupled with her free spirit and objection to her parents' expectations of her, led Nora to leave home as soon as she came of age (21). She packed a rucksack with nothing but clothes, food, a sewing kit, and her favorite book, then set off to travel the world and learn what she could from it. Her journey quickly took a turn for the worse when she decided to follow a rarely-used trail to skirt Mossflower Wood. Now she finds herself trapped in a strange, grim place, awaiting an uncertain fate.

Other: In D&D terms, Nora would be a rogue: great at sneaky things and decent at hand-to-hand fighting (owing to her size and maneuverability), but terrible at anything that involves heavy weaponry/armor or having to actually face your opponent on even ground. Oh, she's also left-pawed (just in case it comes up in combat sometime).
[close]
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes