News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia: The James Edition

Started by James Gryphon, September 05, 2016, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who to go?

Gonff the Mousethief
0 (0%)
Groddil
0 (0%)
Eulaliaaa
6 (100%)
Skyblade
0 (0%)
Rosie Willowwater
0 (0%)
Sagetip
0 (0%)
Peony
0 (0%)
Chipster of Noonvale
0 (0%)
Nobody
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

James Gryphon

I guess y'all pretty well know the drill at this point!

The basic roles, as usual, are Mafia, Detective, and Doctor. In this game, the Doctor cannot heal themselves. Extra roles will be determined, listed and explained before the game starts, but after a sizable number of y'all have registered. Given the popularity of the Lovers role in previous games, I will give that particular consideration when I decide what to use. When I pass out roles to begin the game, they will be determined by RNG.

I haven't decided on the plot yet, but I'll get back to y'all as soon as I have worked that out. I intend to do my best to provide ample evidence in the stories, as in an actual mystery story, to try to give you some grounds to work on besides personality judgements.

Signup below:

1) Delthion - Goon
2) Gonff the Mousethief - Town Citizen
3) Soren - Role Cop
4) Groddil - Goon
5) Eulaliaaa Town Anti-Blue Doctor
6) Skyblade - Roleblocker
7) Aimless Gallivanter Town Anti-Blue Stalker
8) Fatch of Southsward Town 1-Shot Blue-Finding Detective
9) Lord Ashenwyte Town 1-Shot Red-Finding Detective
10) Rosie Willowwater - Goon
11) Sagetip - Town Anti-Red Jailkeeper
12) Peony - Town Citizen
13) Jet the binturong Town Citizen
14) Chipster of Noonvale - Goon
15) Lord Daskar Town Citizen
16)
...)

15 members
5 players
3 Red Mafia left
0 Blue Mafia left
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Groddil

Eulaliaaa!

*Breaks through the door with a machete* Heeeeeere's Euly!
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Fatch of Southsward

I'm in.

As a fairly addicted Mafia player, I do have a few roles you could incorporate. It's really up to you.

1 - Lookout : the lookout chooses one person to watch each night. If anyone visits that person they will know. They won't know that person's role.

For example, if I visited Peony and I'm Doctor, and Soren visited her and he's Mafia - the lookout will know that Soren and I visited Peony - but he won't know who is who. Lookouts can catch Mafia if only one person visits and the person dies.

2 - Blackmailer : A third Mafia could be incorporated if we get a lot of players. Blackmailer works with the Mafia, and chooses one person to blackmail each night. That person will not be able to talk or post during that day - when people are voting. It's very useful for keeping a detective quiet...

3 - Framer : An alternate to the blackmailer. This role chooses one person each night to frame. If the detective investigates the person who was framed, the host will tell the detective that person is Mafia, causing the detective to get confused and possibly hang the wrong person

If both Mafia die and either of these two remain, the game is over and town wins

3 - Jester : Jesters want to be hanged by the town. If they trick the town into lynching them - the jester wins. The only problem is - it can make games pretty short of the Jester is smart

4 - Retributionist - this is one of my favorites - they can choose one person to revive (only one!) for the whole game. It can mess things up though, in combination with a lookout or a doctor. (They just watch the revived person who is usually detective and the detective finds all the Mafia

5 - Bodyguard - the Bodyguard can choose one person to watch each night. That person will not be able to perform their ability. If that person is a Mafia they won't kill anyone (if there are two Mafia, the other one can still kill someone). If the bodyguard watches a town person, they won't be able to do their role (Doc won't save anyone / detective can't check anyone.

6 - Janitor - Another possible Mafia role. The Janitor works with the Mafia, and can clean the body of two people for the whole game. If the Mafia successfully kill that person, their role will not be revealed.

7 - Vigilante / gunman - you already know about this role - he actually ended the last game early!

8 - Mayor - the mayor can choose to reveal his role to everyone. If he does, his vote counts twice. It's dangerous because the Mafia could just kill the mayor after he reveals himself.

9 - Vereran - A retired army soldier who can choose to alert twice throughout the whole game. If the veteran goes on alert anyone who visits him dies (be it town or Mafia.) if the Mafia visit, only one of them will die

Those are some roles that would probably work. I definitely wouldn't try to use them all - but a couple could spice things up a little ( it can be boring as a townsperson). A few crazy roles I wouldn't use, but they are fun:

Arsonist : They choose one person each night to douse in gasoline (that person will know they were doused) One night the Arsonist can choose to ignore all his victims, resulting in a pile of dead bodies the next day. The Arsonist wants to be the last one standing. (Kill all Mafia and town)

Werewolf : Every other night (on full moon) this person turns into a werewolf. They choose one person to visit, and that person, and anyone who visits them, dies. Werewolf wants to kill everyone

Serial Killer: This person wants to kill everyone as well. He or she chooses one person to stab each night.

Witch: the witch chooses one person each night to control. They can force the person to use their ability on another person. So if the Witch controls a mafia, they can force the mafia to kill anyone - even one another. The witch just wants to survive until either only town or only Mafia remain.

Vampire: The vampire can choose one person to bite every other night. The bitten person also becomes a vampire. Mafia cannot become vampires. The vampires win if only vampires remain. The Mafia can kill vampires

Vampire Hunter: the Vampire Hunter chooses one person to investigate each night. If they investigate a vampire, they kill that vampire.

Jailor: the Jailor can choose one person to jail each night. That person will not be able to fulfill their role. The Jailor can execute their prisoner if they feel they are evil.

Anyway - that's about every role I've heard of. I'm in, regardless of whether you use any of them.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rosie Willowwater

Hickory

Fatch: Town of Salem much?

I'm in.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

Jetthebinturong

Well Town of Salem is based on Mafia.

Eh, why not, I'll join.

Also I find it very unfair that people are able to dibs games so far in advance.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

I read the title as Mafia: The Jesus Edition.

I need to go to sleep.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.