News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia: The James Edition

Started by James Gryphon, September 05, 2016, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who to go?

Gonff the Mousethief
0 (0%)
Groddil
0 (0%)
Eulaliaaa
6 (100%)
Skyblade
0 (0%)
Rosie Willowwater
0 (0%)
Sagetip
0 (0%)
Peony
0 (0%)
Chipster of Noonvale
0 (0%)
Nobody
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

James Gryphon

Signups close at 7 PM CST; I'll announce the game setup at that time.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Chipster of Noonvale

Fatch of Southsward

Haha, it is from Town of Salem! Very good y'all!  :)

That's about the only video game I still enjoy playing - getting too old for 'em these days....

Looking forward to it James!
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

James Gryphon

This is looking like it'll be a big 'un.

I'm honestly a little impressed and intimidated; I don't think I've ever run one this big before.
« Subject to editing »

Lord Daskar

Just remember that in a little while it wont be so big. Several, if not most of us, will be dead.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Fatch of Southsward

While you're in the mood for hosting things, James - Overlord's Orders...? *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

James has already hosted one, a while back.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

I wouldn't mind hosting it :P

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing Mafia again.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Groddil

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

James Gryphon

Maybe y'all should cast lots for it. ;)

All right, signups are closed. I've decided on the theme, and it's going to be a bit lighter than the usual Mafia fare. The story, clues, and assignments are incoming. In the meantime, familiarize yourself with the rules of the setup we're going to be using.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

It took months of planning, fundraising, and begging their parents, but at last the First Loamhedge Abbey Forum 'Convention' was cleared and ready to go. 15 forum members, plus Matthias, James, Rainshadow and Daniel, representing the Staff, were been scheduled to meet at a reasonably affordable, out-of-the-way hotel in Georgia, for two weeks of recreation and solidarity.

By 3 PM, on a warm Monday afternoon, the majority of the guests had found each other, and, having dropped off their luggage for the bellhops to transport up, assembled in a small conference room that the convention had been able to hire out for the duration of their stay. After the administrators spent some time fiddling with the sound equipment, Matthias finally took to the podium and started to speak.

"I'm glad to see you could all make it here today. I fully expect that we'll have a wonderful time here together over the next couple of weeks. As you might know, Daniel and Rainshadow haven't made it in yet; their flight was delayed, and they won't be in until later this evening. We'll get the boring stuff out of the way now, though, so the fun can begin."

"We have three rooms, all on the second floor, 204, 208, and 218. 208 and 218 are connected by an adjoining door. The girls will get room 204, and the rest of us will stay in the other two rooms. I'll be in 218, and James and Dan will be in 208. Me and James each have a key to both of our rooms, so ask us if you need to get in. I'm holding on to a key for 204 to give to Rain when she gets here; in the meantime, I've given Gallivanter the other key, to hold on to. Be sure you don't lose it."

"Now on to something more interesting. We've noticed lately that a lot of you like playing Mafia on the forum. With that in mind, we thought it might be fun to run a real-life version of the game while we're here! This is James' production, so I'll step away for a moment and let him explain how this'll work."

James somewhat nervously stepped up to the microphone, and nodded to Matthias. "Well then..."

"This is inspired by those games of "Assassin" you might have heard about. The difference is that instead of it being a free-for-all, y'all will have distinct roles and be on teams, with Mafia-inspired objectives. I've based the rules for this game on a website I found; if you look under your chairs, you should see some pieces of paper that describe the rules and roles of the regular Mafia game. Read through those as soon as you can; it should clarify some things. I'll talk to each of you individually after this meeting is over, to tell you your roles or non-roles."

"There are two Mafia teams, Red and Blue, plus Townies. Each Mafia team can only get one person each night. I got a few squirt guns for y'all to use; talk to me or Matthias and we'll make sure they get to you in time. We'll also pass out some food coloring to put in the water, so that people who get killed will know which team got 'em."

"Remember, if you're shot, you're out of the game! No talking to other people about it or getting in the way after that. Don't worry too much if you get eliminated, though. We're going to be doing a lot of other fun stuff over these weeks besides this. This is just to help fill in the gaps between other activities."

"We thought it'd be fair to start things off with some advice, and give y'all a Day vote before the mayhem begins. Pay close attention because I'm not going to give you information like this again; you'll have to watch each other closely and figure it out on your own. With the way the luggage is being distributed, there will be at least one Mafia, from any team, in each room. If y'all manage to get rid of a Mafia in your room, and suddenly the people in the other rooms start taking an interest in getting access to yours, that's a pretty good indication that they could have an ulterior motive."

"Anyway... I guess this meeting's adjourned. Come talk to me to find out your role, and your partners' roles, if you have any, then go get settled in. Dinner'll be at 6 in the hotel cafeteria. Meet back here, say, at 8:30-ish to vote, and then the rest of the night'll be free. Meeting adjourned."

The next few minutes passed by in something of a blur as each member, in turn, talked quietly to James in the corner. That task done, they began to mill about, many of them starting to seriously converse with one another for the first time. Delthion and Daskar began animatedly arguing about something pointless, as Delthion took every opportunity to show off his trademark grin to anyone who would look, and Daskar said that it didn't do the ones on the forum justice. Skyblade appeared to be in the middle of a serious conversation with Gonff and Fatch about innermost feelings. Sage took over the air hockey table and challenged all comers. James sat down and set up the hotel's chess board, trying to attract someone to play a game, but after hours of travel, and with the excitement of being with their friends, nobody seemed interested in slowing down. Gradually, however, hunger overcame the group's energy, and everyone began to gravitate towards the cafeteria. There was some soup and salad, as well as the customary fruit lying in bins and the hotel juice machines, and they were able to secure an adequate repast. There was a spark of tension when Eul mentioned within Peony's earshot that the chicken salad was excellent, but otherwise things went along well. After the members retired to the convention room, Matthias retrieved the copies of Apples to Apples he had brought in his luggage, and was able to get a sizable number of people to join in; Rosie was particularly hot, with Gallivanter at her heels and Jet coming in a more distant third. The others, tired from the long day, lazed about, talking quietly or using their phones. Time passed by almost too quickly, and before they knew it, it was 8:25. James stepped up to the microphone.

"I hope y'all have been enjoying your time here. I'm ready for some sleep, though, so I asked Matthias if we could get this over with. You've had a few hours to observe each other. It's time to talk about who y'all think about who the red and blue Mafia are, and vote on who, if anyone, should be eliminated. I open the floor for discussion."

I'm now sending out role assignments to everyone. If by 11:15 PM CST you haven't got one, you're a vanilla Townie.
« Subject to editing »