News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Doctor Who (Doo wee wooo)

Started by Edraithel, October 09, 2016, 06:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

oh man i was happy with the season 1 ending of broadchurch so i never watched the second. i didnt understand why thered be a second season if the mystert had been solved, amd i thought itd ended rather nicely on the season 1 finale.
But if you say its good, then ill have to go back and watch it!!
im gay!!!!!!

Edraithel

In the second season they introduced some new plot but it still ties in with the first season. It was seat gripping kind of stuff (not in the thriller sense, but more like you were dying to know what happened, like the first season.)
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Firehawke

Haven't watched Broadchurch.

Continued my epic DW marathon...watched Vengeance on Varos...didn't quite make it to the end (that's what happens when I put a DVD on right before bed!).  Next up, Timelash and then Trial of a Time Lord (note...I'm sure that there are episodes in between all of these...but, while I have a decent sized collection, it's no where near complete!  NuWho, on the other hand, is complete, minus a couple of minisodes and the two animated stories).

Anyone else looking forward to Power of the Daleks next month?!?!?
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Milady Scribe

@Aimless Gallivanter Yes, season 1 was the investigation, while season 2 is the court case (and the revisiting of an old case of DI Hardy's). Even more secrets are outed. Poor Rory--I mean, Reverend Coates--is my favorite. :D

Power of the Daleks? Sounds most intriguing! Though I must admit, I still dislike Capaldi as the Doctor. He's too...acerbic. I like him as an actor, but not as the Doctor. He does have his moments occasionally, but still...
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Jetthebinturong

He harkens back to the classic Doctors, who were all very acerbic and arrogant. Except Tom Baker and Peter Davison, I guess. I don't exactly know, I've only watched one story from each of those two.

Anyway, I love Capaldi's Doctor, he's a breath of fresh air from the typical young, funny emotional guys.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Firehawke

LOVE the fact that he is more like the Classic Doctors!

I'm hoping that Power of the Daleks is the start of the other lost episodes being....reinvented isn't the right word.  Brought back to the screen???  That's a better description, I think.

Continued on my epic marathon....three stories into Trial of a Time Lord.

Update on my Eleventh Doctor Stained Glass cross stitch!

Edraithel

I actually found Capaldi to be very sweet at times, when he first started as the Doctor he was cross and fierce but I think as the season progressed and especially in his second season he softened quite a bit. You see that he is a hurt man that doesn't want others to experience the pain he went through. I like having a doctor that's not nice right off the bat because it allows for the development of his sweeter side and showing that he is very caring in reality but he expresses it differently. Capaldi also brings something new I think to it with his acting, I love watching him as the Doctor because the amount of emotion he conveys is amazing.

If you haven't seen eleven's seasons then it's a bit of a spoiler.
Spoiler

I love the parallels that are made.
[close]
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Firehawke

I totally agree!!!  I can't wait to see what he does in series 10!

Love that summary!

There's a new trailer for Power of the Daleks!

Firehawke

Jetthebinturong

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! CLASS DEBUTS TOMORROW! I AM HYPED!

Edraithel

I subscribed to the channel! Oh my gosh I went through and watched them and I'm tearing up, I absolutely love their videos!

Jetthebinturong

AAAAAAAAAAAH CLASS WAS SO GOOD! WATCHING THE SECOND EPISODE IN A MINUTE.

Dannflor

Its soooo funny how it makes so much sense, but no sense at all!!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Edraithel

Out of the doctor who videos on that channel my favorite are The Lonely God, Lovely Dark, and Punishment.

Firehawke

Those are so great videos!   I subscribed to them, too!

My family is making our way through the vids.  We had to stop...so we could continue our epic marathon  :P We finished up classic and watched Day of the Doctor last night.  Probably going to start Series 1 tonight!