News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Doctor Who (Doo wee wooo)

Started by Edraithel, October 09, 2016, 06:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Tom Baker und John Hurt vere boz very major Doctorz! Tvid be major if zey did viz more o' Ze Var Doctor.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jetthebinturong

I'm really worried that Matteusz (Class) is going to die. He's had a major role in every episode except the second, but he doesn't have a title credit, and the only reason not to give him a title credit is that he doesn't stick around. If he dies I'm going to be so angry I'm not even going to watch season two, if there is one.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jetthebinturong

The ending of Class was insane. If they don't get a season two I'm going to be so angry.

Firehawke

Glad it was good!

SO looking forward to the Christmas special...and have to get used to the time change on BBCA for Power of the Daleks.

Just finished series 5 on the epic family marathon
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Jetthebinturong

The Christmas special was a lot better than I expected. And Matt Lucas wasn't very annoying, which is a plus.

The glasses scene at the end was the cutest thing in Doctor Who, I think.

Maudie

Oh man, I loved this show. I thorough enjoyed Nine and Ten, and Eleven basically consumed my life. I couldn't bring myself to keep watching after Eleven left, so I haven't :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

Firehawke

I agree...Capaldi does a GREAT job!!!

For my birthday, we watched all of the episodes we have that feature Sarah Jane...well, all but the last season of SJA.  Binge watching Clone Wars kind of got in the way :P  Regular DW watching has me in the middle of Series 8.

LOVE the Christmas special!

Maudie

Just finished Season 801. Clara and Danny's story had me in tears. :'( :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Firehawke

I know!!!  SO sad!!!

Wish we would get a concrete start date for Series 10...and the Series 9 soundtrack!

New video from The Garo Studios!

Firehawke

SO much going on!

John Hurt passed  :'(

Peter Capaldi announced the 2017 Christmas special will be his last :(

Power of the Daleks comes out on DVD in the States tomorrow.

And we have a premiere date!!!  April 15 can't come soon enough!

(personal note...epic binge watch status...ready to start the Series 9 Zygon 2 parter and family is bingewatching the vids from TheGaroStudio!)

Maudie

Just finished Series 9. The ending was so good! Unfortunately, even though Series 10 is coming soon, I probably won't be able to watch it anytime soon because it probably won't be available on Amazon Prime for a while.

Now that I've finished I have several options. I could: 1) Rewatch the ones I've already seen; 2) Watch the original seasons, if I can find them; and 3) Watch one of the spin-offs, like Torchwood or the Sarah Jane Adventures.

Jetthebinturong

Watch The Sarah Jane Adventures, it's excellent.

Firehawke

I agree...LOVE SJA!!!

Hopefully it pops up on Amazon Prime quickly!

Ooooh...this should be fun!

Jetthebinturong

So I've compiled a list of actors (and a few actresses) who I think could play the Doctor. I've divided them into three categories:
"Could"
"Could but shouldn't"
"Couldn't but should"
The last category is for those who have had a recent or prominent role in Doctor Who already.

These are in no particular order.
Could but shouldn't

Tom Hiddleston

Why not? As much as it would be amazing to see Hiddleston in the role, his attachment to the Marvel franchise is too prominent, and too time-consuming for him to take the role.
Liam Neeson

Why not? I think we all already know why not. Liam Neeson absolutely has the gravitas needed for the role, and he's one of my all-time favourite actors. However, seeing a star of such history and magnitude as Neeson in the role would be far too strange. Plus they're not going to bring back Jenny, so they can't have a Taken reference.
Ewan McGregor

Why not? Obi Wan Kenobi cannot be in Doctor Who. Whenever you see Ewan McGregor's face, you immediately think of Star Wars, and you just can't have that for a Doctor.
James McAvoy

Why not? Because he's Professor Xavier.
Bill Nighy

Why not? He's WAY too famous. He's also far too old for some of the action scenes. (As much as I love Capaldi's Doctor, he can't run properly. You need a Doctor who can run, and I seriously doubt Bill Nighy can.)
Ralph Fiennes

Why not? Too famous. Plus he's Voldemort.
Jude Law

Why not? Too famous. Also he's Doctor Watson.
Benedict Cumberbatch

Why not? You know exactly why not, let's not waste each other's time.
Rupert Grint

Why not? What did I say about not wasting time?
[close]
Couldn't but should

CHRIS ADDISON

Chris Addison would be absolutely perfect for the role of the Doctor, which is why it annoys me that he had such a big role in the show so recently. Hopefully we'll have forgotten about his previous role a couple of regenerations down the road. But he can't come so soon after his role as... Sebastian? Was that his name?
Colin Morgan

His role as Jethro is still too recent in my opinion, but he can be Doctor no. 14.
[close]
Could

PATERSON JOSEPH

THE MAN PRACTICALLY OOZES DOCTORNESS. I WANT TO SEE HIM IN THE ROLE LIKE NOW.
Richard Ayoade

He also has the perfect character for the role, but in a completely different way to Joseph. He's got the awkward geek personality, the goofy hairstyle and the striking fashion sense.
Robert Carlye

Wait a second Jet, why isn't he too famous? Because you don't immediately place him when you see him. You think "that guy looks familiar" but you don't immediately attach him to a role you've previously seen. He's one of those actors you know, but don't know.
Tilda Swinton

But Jet, she's Tilda Swinton! DO YOU THINK I CARE? Look, yeah, she's Tilda Swinton, and her fame should immediately disqualify her. However, if anyone were to play a female Doctor, it would be Tilda Swinton. She's played with gender roles before, she's played androgynous and unspecified characters. And besides, she can do no wrong. And there's no role you immediately attach her to, because she's Tilda Swinton.
Rowan Atkinson

Jet, your fame rules are totally arbitrary aren't they? Yup.
Hugh Laurie

Dominic Monaghan

Alan Davies

Eddie Redmayne

Amanda Abbington

John Hannah

Idris Elba

Jamie Campbell Bower

Jet, you're insane and I'm never going to take any of your opinions seriously again. That's fair enough, but in my opinion if they were to go for a younger Doctor, then Bower would be the perfect choice. He has a tremendous screen presence, and he pulls off wit and sarcasm amazingly well.
Richard Armitage

Aidan Gillen

Tom Felton

Ben Whishaw

Sacha Dhawan

Chiwetel Ejiofor

Hayley Atwell

Olivia Colman

Andrew Scott

BUT HE'S MORIARTY!!! I KNOW, THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I WANT HIM TO PLAY THE DOCTOR! I want to see Andrew Scott in a hero role, and what better role than the morally questionable, eccentric Doctor for that? He could be Machiavellian and manipulative like McCoy.
Eddie Izzard

... Jet... are you on drugs? No. Eddie Izzard is a fantastic comedian, but he can be intimidating as all hell. He's perfect.
Simon Pegg

Jet. I know your rules are arbitrary, but Pegg is immensely famous, has been in the show before and has repeatedly said he doesn't want the role. Why? BECAUSE HE'S SIMON PEGG! I mean come on, he's perfect for the role. And as for his previous appearance, it was long enough ago that it doesn't matter. I notice you didn't point that out with Olivia Colman. She played Prisoner Zero in that one episode, so hah! Joke's on you!
[close]

Any opinions not expressed in this post? Just want to comment on my list? I'd love to hear it.

Any thoughts of your own? I'd love to hear those too.