Questers Travels: Journey to Farside

Started by Faiyloe, January 13, 2017, 02:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

Faiyloe

The woman looks up surprised that you would bother to talk to her. "This is Sarindale, miss. Nothing has changed here for the past hundred years, everyone knows that. Though..." And she lowered her voice, "I have heard that the king might be ill, no one's seen him for the past ten years," 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rosie Willowwater

Thank the lady and continue down the road.

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Faiyloe

As you travel down the road it widens out and you can see the tops of towers in the distance to the north-west. People are starting to wake up and open stalls that line the road. A donkey snorts at you and nudges at your back pack. and several chickens scream at you from inside small cages all staked by a stall where a man was busily chopping meat with a cleaver. *Thunk, thunk, thunk* and every time it hits the table the chickens jump and squawk. An old dog with a sagging face watches you from under drooping lids as he rests on an old sack. An old woman who looks a lot like the dog, brown skinned and sagging. Is sweeping outside a shop. On the south side of the road stands a large white building that strongly resembles a temple of some kind. Graffiti is written on one of the pillars.

Rosie Willowwater

Pull your hood over your head and keep walking

Faiyloe

The road starts to narrow out again, there are a few men standing outside a shack. They are wearing red and blue uniforms, one of them looks rather young, not much older than 17, and is wearing oversized chain male and leaning on a spear watching the other two play cards on a barrel top. On the other side of the street is a shop with a wooden sign hanging over the door that reads Atho's Apothecary with a faded picture of some herbs. To the north you can still see the towers. A small road leads off to the north.

Groddil

Let's walk back to that dog and pet him. Maybe we'll get a faithful canine companion out of it.

Faiyloe

You realize you may have made a wrong turn back there (even though you were just walking in a straight line) so you turn around and go back the way you came. the road widens back out and you can see the tops of towers in the distance to the north-west. The chickens are still screaming and the man is still cutting meat. the donkey seems to have gotten loose from it's tether and is now slowly wandering down the street sticking its head into a bucket to see if there is anything in it that could be considered edible. On the south side of the road stands a large white building that strongly resembles a temple of some kind. Graffiti is written on one of the pillars. The old woman is gone but the dog is still there. You go over and pet him, he lifts his head to look at you with big sad eyes and tiredly wags his tail.

[just because the first thing you tried didn't work doesn't mean there isn't a way to get the dog to be your companion ;) sometimes it might take a series of events to get what you want.]

Groddil

Check our backpack/pockets for food/money!

Faiyloe

[you have 150 coins, you can check your inventory at any time in the first post]

Groddil

Faiyloe

[what kind of food do you want and how much?] you can see a stack of chopped meat of some kind, some dead and plucked chickens hanging from a hook and there is also a bucket of bones next to the stand.

Groddil

Ask if he has anything cooked. If not, ask if he has a fire or something that you can cook your own food on.

Faiyloe

The man grunts and slams the cleaver into the table "Does this look like a bakery to you? Now are you going to buy something or not?"