News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 25, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

"No, jus' Darrin thinks dat." Twisty squabbled, turning sharply and starting to march.
He flattened his ears. "Lame Paw yerself. Idjit."

The Skarzs

"We're going north," Darrin said with a roll of his eyes as he pointed in the direction Twisty was going. "Hacklaw's that way."
  These two are going to drive me to an early grave, he thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Abbot Gerard smiled good-naturedly at the otter. "It's Springday feast, and we can't have a feast without a fish! I was wondering if you'd like to do the honors and catch one for us from the pond."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The rat stumbled to a halt, remarking snidely, "Oh, is 'e? I knew that. Just testin' ya, see."
He kicked a few weasels as he strode past Darrin. "C'mon, addlebrains, ye 'eard th' beast. We're goin' north!"

Groddil

Elijah nodded.
"A fish? Of course, of course. Was there anything else? Otherwise I'll get right on it."

The Skarzs

"No, that was all." The abbot looked in the direction Elijah had come from. "Trying to put old ghosts to rest, my friend?"
  The mouse turned as he heard footsteps approaching, and saw Nicki Blupaw heading towards him. "Hallo, Nicki! Good morning."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  OOC: I think we'll time skip Darrin's group in a little bit.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

OOC: @danflorreguba I know you hop on every once in a while. Are you waiting for anything to post?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: I don't feel like my presence is necessary as of yet so I've kept to the sidelines to let things progress faster. However, if you'd like me to get active I'm sure I could start posting  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

LT Sandpaw

"Mornin' Father Abbot," Nicki answered stoically joining the otter and mouse, touching the tip of her hat in greeting. She peeked around her stack of scrolls, bobbing her head towards the Abbey warrior as well. "Mornin' to ye as well Elijah." She noticed Elijah's glum look, but she didn't comment on it, knowing full well it wouldn't be worth sticking her nose into something like that.
"Kitchens are cooking up a storm, if my nose inn't lying." She commented, raising her snout a little to sniff the air. "Any way I could 'elp? I just finished my studies for th' day, I could do with something to keep me busy."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Abbot Gerard tapped his lip thoughtfully for a moment before speaking. "Ah, I know! You're always wanting to learn, right?" He grinned mischievously. "Well, I'm sure Elijah would be more than happy to teach you how to clean a fish for cooking! Goodbye now!" With that, he scurried away off towards the abbey, saying something about how he could hear one of the sisters calling his name.

OOC: You know, we could probably time skip the whole RP forwards to the beginning of the feast. Does that sound good?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Some time in the mid-aftertoon, the Redwallers had all gathered into Cavern Hole and were eagerly awaiting Abbot Gerard's prayer to begin the Springday feast. The last platters and dishes of food were being brought out as the abbot walked up to his place at the head table.
  The chatter and bustle quieted down as he rang a little bell, and he led the prayer.
  "As spring begins and winter ends,
  Friends, good creatures all,
  We celebrate good fortune in
  Another season at Redwall."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Darrin looked up in disbelief at the towering, red, sandstone walls and great oak doors he stood in front of. They had been travelling for hours, and having come across a path, decided to go along it. The ferret knew the road would lead somewhere, but he didn't expect this.
  "'S like somethin' out of a fairy tale," he mumbled before turning back to his group. "Oi, do any of you know what this place is called?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"That's th' H'Abbey," Twisty remarked, picking his teeth with a sharp claw.
"Redbrick Stoneplace or whatnot. Th' creatures there are rich, an' from what I've 'eard purtty foolish. They be a bunch o' peaceful Woodlanders..."

The Skarzs

"Peaceful? Excellent!" said Darrin. "Just what we need to get away from Hacklaw for a little while. Besides, we're low on supplies."
  The ferret took out his dagger and hit the gate with the pommel several times. "Hallo! Anyone there?" he shouted.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

*boom boom boom* "Hallo! Anyone there?"

Raleigh nearly jumped when she heard the voices outside, all the expected guests had arrived already. She had been out waking the old codger that called himself the gatekeeper, whom she promptly shooed off to Cavern Hole. She quickly strode over to the gate, unlatched it, and swung the right side open just enough to step through. The young squirrel took a step and started the next before she realized what she'd done, letting out a surprised, "Oh!" as her right foot planted itself backwards instead of stepping forward. A small band of armed, travel-worn vermin was not quite what she expected, though she chastised herself inwardly for not checking before opening anyway. She recovered nearly instantly, a warm smile taking hold and narrowly avoiding a case of staring face, "Excuse me a moment... Hey Ruff! Let Elijah and the Abbot know we have company at the gate!... Sorry about that, welcome to Redwall! Might I ask why you've come today?" Leaning against the gate as she spoke, she rested her left hand on her hip, while her right slid just behind the grainy surface, stopping on the latch. Raleigh hadn't seen or met many vermin before, and being up close with armed ones was disconcerting, but she refused to look nervous or be any less friendly because of it..... Still, she really hoped Elijah and the Abbot would hurry! 
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ashleg

"Ain't she a darlin', mates?" Twisty snickered and pushed his way in front of Darrin.
"It's a long story. Jus' let us in."

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall was impressed by the size of the Abbey upon first finding it. Most of the castles and such from the Highlands were only about half its size.
"Don't mind that one Miss, he's got a messed up mind an' paw," the fox replied before grabbing Twisty by his useless arm. "Ye best get back here Numbpaw and let Darrin speak; the sight o' ye would scare these beasts!"
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.