They Thought Redwall was Safe! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part 3!)

Started by Ashleg, February 24, 2017, 11:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

"I can't see Fang living long after Rappy dies," confessed the Abbot, paw on his forehead.
"You've seen for yourself, he has to be wherever that ferret is. So if Rappy perished, what do you think Fangfang would want to do? Die, of course."
The old mouse took a sip of his tea.
"The rat may be foolish but I don't want him dead."

LT Sandpaw

Stroking her whiskers Rayne mused over what Grant had said, and what she know about Fangfang. "Mm, perhaps you're right Farther Abbot. You don't often see the two apart, and I'd go so far as to say Fang is Rappy's only friend in Redwall. That rat is devoted, to say one good thing about him."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

OOC-
@Groddil Short timeskip to when they get there?
IC-
"From what I've gathered, Fang is Rappy's adopted brother." said Grant with an almost-smirk.
He was also impressed that the rat was so loyal, but then again, it made sense.
It was just like how Maxy and Stumbly were best friends as well as raised together and continue to not be apart for long.
Though it seemed like Maxy was getting fed up...
The Abbot shrugged pleasantly and shrugged his shoulders.
"He's being quiet now, I wonder what happened over there?"

Groddil

"What are you yammering on about now, Maxy? We're a stone's throw from the Abbey, and I doubt my one drink will lead to both of us starvi- Hey, you see that?"
She pointed at a clearing up ahead, where three otters were gathered.
"HEY! We're headin' up to the northern section o' river. We on the right track?"
The otters exchanged worried glances with each other, muttering beneath their breaths.
"You hear me?"
One of them glared at the mousemaid.
"I did, now scram!"
Another nodded fearfully.
"Aye, do what 'ee says. Get out of 'ere if ye know what's good for ye."
Stumbly looked at Maxy and shrugged.
"Well?"

Ashleg

Maxy adjusted his tunic and walked up to the otters, a determined look on his face.
"Why are you telling us to scram? Are we heading towards something dangerous?"

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Agh! We need something to happen.
IC:

"If he's quiet now he might've sobered up a bit." Rayne said in disgust, her green eyes flashing. "I'd prescribe a healthy dose of my solbark remedy to clear his head every time he indulged himself. That'd keep anybeast away from the cellars, take my word for it."

Ashleg

OOC-
Oh, you want something, I'll give you something...
Should said something be A: good (kind of) or B: bad? ;)
IC-
The old Abbot chuckled.
He found it quite amusing that Fang's drunkness disgusted Rayne to the extent that it did. He had seen worse in other creatures.
"Well, that will surely work," he mused with a grin, stifling a cough.

That was when he turned and Fangfang was right behind him, smiling timidly.
The rat waved a paw. "Er, heh, Abbot, would y' mind if I..." his blue eyes caught Rayne's and he sheepishly focused again on Grant. "Could I just...that scone next t' you...could I..."

"Take it?" Grant finished.

"Yeah," Fang said, "For Rap."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: How about both. :P

IC:

"Oh, I know it'd work. It worked on Brother Sevus a few seasons ago." Rayne said primly, spooning down the last of her porridge. She cast a glance towards Fang and caught his blue eyes, but he quickly looked away.
"I'll be making a short trip into Mossflower today." She told the Abbot, changing the subject and ignoring Fang. "To gather some of the more elusive herbs. I've been meaning to make the trip for awhile now but I keep getting distracted."

Ashleg

"That's fine," Grant said to Rayne, before turning back to Fang.
"Rappy knows the rules as much as you do. He will eat later." said the Abbot sternly.
Fangfang shrugged, slightly aggressively, and marched back over to the other table.
"Rayne," murmured Grant, "Just be careful if you go alone. You never know what's out there."

LT Sandpaw

"We haven't seen vermin- ah, that is to say we haven't seen any gangs around Redwall for nearly thirteen seasons." Rayne said confidently. "I'll be fine, I know my way around nearer Mossflower. Say do you want to come with? It has been far too long since you've gotten out of the Abbey."

Ashleg

The Abbot hesitated, seeming older than ever for a second.
The next minute he put on a grin and sighed, "All right. I guess I'll accompany you. When are you leaving?"

LT Sandpaw

"As soon as I can." Rayne said, standing. "I'll go get my satchel, and perhaps we'll pack a lunch? I'll speak with Friar Rusk about that. We can make a nice trip out of it, get away from the Abbey for a while, and its less respectful occupants." She sniffed, casting a sour glance towards the vermin. "I'm sure our Abbey Warrior can take care of Redwall while we're gone for the morning and afternoon. Wont you Bracklew?"

Bracklew, who'd been conversing with Shadowmay jerked his head around. "Pardon?"

"Will you keep the abbey from falling apart until evening?"

"Uh...?"

"Excellent." Rayne said clasping her paws together cheerfully. "Come along Grant."

Groddil

Shadomay finished scarfing down a bowl of porridge and let out a muffled burp.
"Bracklew? In charge? Hellgates, we're all doomed."

One of the otters snarled at Maxy, prodding a spear at him.
"Didn't ye 'ear 'im? 'Ee said git, if'n ye know what's good for ye."
Stumbly kicked the squirrel's footpaw.
"Come on. They don't sound... alright in their 'eads."
The spear-brandishing otter grabbed Stumbly roughly by the shoulder.
"Shuddup, ye little piece o' filt-"
"Oi, leave 'er alone. Let 'em run. If they doesn't, Grenlik'll deal with 'em. Ain't our job t'kill the locals. Let 'im do that, if they don't scrape the mud out o' their ears and SCRAM!"

Ashleg

"Sorry," uttered Grant as he shot Bracklew an apologetic grin.
Hurriedly the old mouse chased after Rayne.
"I have not seen you this excited in a very long time! Is there something you're wishing to tell me?" he mused, watching her back.

--

"I had never known otters to be this mean," Maxy muttered as he grabbed Stumbly's yellow arm and pulled along.
"Good riddance..."

LT Sandpaw

Rolling his eyes, Bracklew waved a dismissive paw at Shadomay. "Oh sure we aren't all doomed." The squirrel flashed her a evil grin. "Just you. I bet Friar Rusk is looking for anybeast willing to help him clean up in the kitchen. As acting Abbey leader I volunchoose you to aid the poor friar."

~*~*~*~*~

"No," Rayne said as she collected her satchel. The mouse healer led the way back down into the kitchens where she had one of the assistants pack her a loaf of oat bread and some cheese, along with a few flasks of cordial. "I just know we'll enjoy ourselves. It'll be like old times again."