News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Happy Texas Independence Day!

Started by LT Sandpaw, March 02, 2017, 06:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Happy Texas Independence Day everyone.

181 years ago today Texas declared itself independent from Mexico and became its own nation.

Have a great day ya'll, and remember the Alamo!

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

:) :D ;D

Texas our Texas, all hail the mighty state!

Somebody mentioned my idea of putting the Texas flag in the "Countries" list. Maybe I ought to give that idea some extra consideration today. ;)

On a somewhat more serious note, our youth went to visit Austin and San Antonio last October. It was interesting getting to see things like the Texas Senate floor and the Alamo.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

I'd be behind it.  ;D

That's neat, the Alamo isn't much to look at, but it really is a cool bit of Texan history.

Groddil

Quote from: James Gryphon on March 02, 2017, 06:45:24 PM
Somebody mentioned my idea of putting the Texas flag in the "Countries" list. Maybe I ought to give that idea some extra consideration today. ;)

Yeah, after I asked you to put the second Australia flag in. :p

Why exactly is this a cavern hole topic?

LT Sandpaw

Cavern Hole is for all discussion not related to Redwall, and because I like Texas and wanted to share that it was Texas Independence Day.

Kitsune

Congrats to Texas for being the only independent nation that because a State.

Groddil

I want the Australia Day topic moved to Cavern Hole.

Kitsune

Quote from: Groddil on March 03, 2017, 12:08:46 AM
I want the Australia Day topic moved to Cavern Hole.

I second this.

#AustraliaDayTopicLivesMatter

Lady Ashenwyte

what kind of name is "Texas" is america even real wth
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on March 03, 2017, 08:26:22 AM
"Etymology. The name Texas, based on the Caddo word tejas meaning "friends" or "allies", was applied by the Spanish to the Caddo themselves and to the region of their settlement in East Texas."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

America is nothing more than a myth perpetuated by trolls on the internet. Anyone who says they're from America is a bot.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Kitsune

Quote from: Maudie on March 03, 2017, 03:08:21 PM

America is nothing more than a myth perpetuated by trolls on the internet. Anyone who says they're from America is a bot.

Well, duh. It's still a collection of colonies, mostly British. They have no hope of uniting.

Maudie

Quote from: Kitsune on March 03, 2017, 03:10:26 PM

Well, duh. It's still a collection of colonies, mostly British. They have no hope of uniting.

???????? Where do you get your information????? I know for a fact that America never existed and the world is actually flat.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

LT Sandpaw

I'm a myth, I am a great myth. Frankly, I am the bestest myth that ever mythed.

Kitsune

Quote from: Maudie on March 03, 2017, 03:14:04 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on March 03, 2017, 03:10:26 PM

???????? Where do you get your information????? I know for a fact that America never existed and the world is actually flat.

The earth is a cube you ignorant trash can. ;)