News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Rogue Crew

Started by Delthion, May 03, 2018, 04:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

I am creating this topic because the Rogue Crew was a Redwall book that I actually hated, it is my least liked of the series. Now I know that most people have differing opinions on this, so I am posting this to ask if you liked it, and if so, why.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

Eh, it was okay. I liked the new concepts, especially after coming after the likes of Triss and such... felt more like one of the older books. But other than that I'm neutral about it. I just think it's better than the closest books before it.

SueWalker

Sie wissen nicht, ob Sie wissen, dass diese Website eine ausgezeichnete Informationsquelle ist. Daher werden viele Materialien auf der Website verteilt.

The Grey Coincidence

Quote from: SueWalker on November 29, 2018, 08:30:06 AM
Sie wissen nicht, ob Sie wissen, dass diese Website eine ausgezeichnete Informationsquelle ist. Daher werden viele Materialien auf der Website verteilt.
Don't know German fluently but from what I gather you don't know if this website is a good source of information?
Well in the case of this specific Topic (The Rogue Crew) it's mostly a case of opinion. If you want solid information there is always the Redwall Wiki which I think is accurate.
Hope you understand English... Back on topic...
Never read the Rogue Crew so don't have an opinion. Wish it wasn't the last novel though...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Ashleg

Yeah, that's what I got from that too. I'm a German student, so not very good yet, but can decipher some things.

@Sue, Diese Seite besteht hauptsächlich aus Meinungen.  :)

@The Grey Coincidence , it's worth reading. Not too amazing but is way better than most everything from Triss on, in my opinion.

The Skarzs

In my opinion, it had a darker feel than the other books, even than Doomwyte, which a lot of people find to be dark or serious. I am not completely convinced Brian finished it himself.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

It did? Elaborate. I'm curious.

Nadaz, voice of the host

Since it came out 3 months after his death and the end seemed at odds with the rest of
the book some people, including myself, don't think he wrote the ending or it was only his first draft.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ashleg

I know that, I'm referring to why Skarzs thought it was darker.  :P

Delthion

Quote from: Nadaz, voice of the host on November 30, 2018, 01:02:51 AM
Since it came out 3 months after his death and the end seemed at odds with the rest of
the book some people, including myself, don't think he wrote the ending or it was only his first draft.

Thank you for elaborating though, I too thought Ashleg was referring to what you elaborated on and I knew nothing of this.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.