"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

LOOK AT MY POST COUNT

Started by Ashleg, April 06, 2017, 03:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

You were once a young and hip poster.

Luftwaffles

~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Ashleg on April 18, 2017, 12:13:56 AM
But look at Curb (aka Cornflower 'cause y'know her that way)--my gosh--blown me 'outta the water. >:0

*Giggles* Wanna know the secret? ;)

Ashleg

The secret is that you joined way before me.

Cornflower MM

Yes and no. I used to a huge RP freak. I've been in over thirty that actually went somewhere.

The Skarzs

Ah yes. . . I remember the days of RPing and fan fictions. . .
I miss them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Ashleg

Why don't you do it anymore?

The Skarzs

Mental capacity has been at an all-time low. And currently (the reason I didn't update Undecided) I'm ill, and it's muddling my brain. Another reason is that I was trying to create RPs, and my ideas tended to be too complex, so people lost interest or something. I wanted to join All Who Wander Aren't Lost but it's got more than a few people in it already. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Ashleg on April 24, 2017, 04:26:22 PM
Why don't you do it anymore?

I'm too busy, and it's not the same. I don't feel comfortable with a lot of the active RPers, and I feel pressured. My style of RPing isn't to write three paragraphs and map out the RP, it's to spit out a few sentences and see where it goes. And I really don't have the time or the creativity to do something that. . . . . .Well, it's just not as fun anymore, for the above reasons.  :-\

Groddil

I'm still getting by doing pretty much the same thing.

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

No. I'm not scared, I'm just not comfortable. If you read back over a lot of the old RPs, we'd casually PP each other's characters without blinking an eye, joke, do something totally crazy and everyone would go along with it. Now? I doubt that would happen.

The Skarzs

Much in the way that ridiculous power playing has become the norm in the Cellars, RPers don't want any. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 25, 2017, 02:24:48 AM
No. I'm not scared, I'm just not comfortable. If you read back over a lot of the old RPs, we'd casually PP each other's characters without blinking an eye, joke, do something totally crazy and everyone would go along with it. Now? I doubt that would happen.

Oh yes, oh yes. I recently just read through some of Hidden Within the Walls (remember that lovely RP?) and was just, uh. Like you said, times have certainly changed. I do wish that the days of simple RPs which start with a singing competition and end up with a pirate prison escape. Though it seems that RPs now are just, well, far too grown and refined. Maybe there will be another one like that when time clears up and people bring back that sort of "era". I dunno.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.