News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

General topic for asking questions you don't want to start a thread for.

Started by Ashleg, April 18, 2017, 04:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

In the non-main mode, will we be able to create our own characters? And if so, which species will be playable?

Wylder Treejumper

I just want to say, I really appreciate the time you put in working with the community to develop the world. Combat is a feature that is often very appealing to this genre, so it says something about the depth of the work that you are trying to do that spent your time developing the world rather than working on things like combat functions. It is things like that that will win the fanbase for you.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

MeadowR

This looks so exciting! Fb seems to know I'm a Redwall fan and gave me a 'suggested page' for the game a few times on my newsfeed; it was great to see the progress being made. ;D

Will it be likely I will be able to play it on this clunky PC Windows 7 laptop of a few years old now, or even my mac, which is about 10 years old... Worried they won't be fast and up-to-date enough to work properly for the game, but don't want to miss out! :o
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

UNKN0WN

Woah! This is kinda cool!  ;D
Yeah, it's too bad I'm only just now learning 3D character animation and missed an opportunity like this.
Hope all goes well at the launch!

TorryEllis

While it may feel a bit clunky right now, I feel like the game is going to be AMAZING when it's finished. <3 Maybe I have a chance to get on as a voice actor...

Tungro

So I just bought the game the other day and it has been going okay so far (aside from slightly confusing instructions) but I am at Tussa's Wayfinding Course and I have spent several hours trying to find the last catch. My inventory says I have the stream catch, river catch, and cave catch, and three bonus catches. I was wondering of anyone else knows where the last one is or if they have a link to a video with someone who has made it that far.

Kade Rivok

Does anybody know what happened the with feast that promised in the original kickstarter?

And Tungro, I couldn't help you out man.  I know I had trouble with that part as well though, that's for sure -_-
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Tungro

I figured it out, but I haven't been able to play in a while
I recall it had to do something with the numbers on the map and your telescope thing.

Kade Rivok

Yeah, you were supposed to pick your direction and elevation based off the numbers or something like that, but for me one of them just wasn't working for some reason.  I had to restart it and suddenly I didn't have a problem finding them all.  It was weird.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

cryptopur

Announcement: Major Game Update
Hi folks - I haven't been on this page in a while but when this thread was recently posted to it mortified me and I thought, 'Hey...maybe they should know about the update."
So last year was spent with a lot of work to make Act I better and better, bigger and bigger, in consecutive steps. It included major reworks of quests and movement, enemies and art...kind of everything.

If you've been tracking the game project this recent update is the biggest and most comprehensive we've ever one so if it's been a while - we'd love your feedback.
See: https://steamcommunity.com/app/656030 - and that update is also live on Xbox One and PS4 for the record.

One thing I'd like to point out is that we took a lot of time evaluating all the comments and feedback we got from fans and did everything we could to accommodate as much as possible. of course we can't be all things to all people but we DO pay attention so if you give us constructive criticism, we're listening, and we've made it our mission to do the best we can to make the game as good as we can.

To that end if you LOVE the game - we're always very thankful for a review. :)

Kade Rivok

Yeah, I saw the announcement on Facebook earlier today actually.  Thanks for putting in the effort to update it!  I'll definitely leave a review.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

So, this is just a quick impression; I didn't really have time to play the game much, I just booted it up and messed around in the starting area for a bit (on an Xbox One Original).  Graphics and performance are definitely improved.  The lighting is nice and the higher resolution looks much better on a larger screen (along with what seems like higher rez textures).  Because things look nicer now, though, some other things pop out; mainly the polycount on some environmental objects.  Like I said, this is just in the very first area (where you have to climb up to actually get into the scout camp) so this may not be a persistent issue, but certain parts of the rock face and some of the wooden structures seemed a bit too... jagged, maybe?  Like they needed an extra couple of faces to round them off.  That may just be me though  ^-^   

And like I said, performance is definitely better, it's clearly running at a higher frame-rate than before.  There is still some noticeable choppiness and screen-tearing when rotating the camera, though.

Just from the little bit I've seen, though, this is definitely an improvement. 
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

cryptopur

Thanks for the feedback!
Of course the whole project is an ongoing effort to improve it al across the board. Everything from performance to graphics, etc.
That said - may I ask an honest question @Kade Rivok?

Please understand I'm not being defensive or anything but we ARE trying to get a sense of what people expect and why we are, or are not, meeting that expectation.

So what kind of things are you expecting in terms of playtime, size, polish, etc.?
Any kind fo feedback here would be valuable to us.

Needless to say, with 10 people here we can't be all things to all people, but it'd be good to focus on the element that mean the most to folks.

Kade Rivok

Hey, no need to fret Chris (I assume this is Chris, at least  ;D).

I certainly understand where you're coming from, and I don't feel you're being defensive at all.  As you said, you're just trying to get a grasp of what some of your players may expect.

So, I'll start with polish, which to me is all about the technical stuff, I.E. graphics and performance.  Personally, I don't feel that too much is necessary.  The art style is wonderful and strong, so shooting for 4K 60fps or something like that comes across as ridiculous to me, especially taking into account the size of your team.  A solid 1080p or 720p 30fps would do fine.  I say 1080 or 720 because, if you're choosing between a higher resolution and nailing down a solid framerate without any hiccups, I personally think that keeping the framerate steady is much more important.  Basically, for polish, I'm personally looking for a solid 30fps with a decent resolution and decent textures.  Also, the fewer C class and B class bugs, the better, but that's a truth no matter what game your playing  :laugh:.  (By the by, the textures overall are good for me, just that some of the rock environment textures seem a bit stretched)

I think the playtime and size are spot on, personally.  Depending on how thorough you are, you can easily get two hours of gameplay just from the scout camp, not to mention the rest of the game.  I think the size of the levels are good as well.  Now, the pie in the sky ideal would be a massive game with huge levels, maybe even being open world!  But, of course, I'm being realistic and I'm not going to put that sort of unfair expectations on you guys.

For gameplay, I think you all did a good job of working a bunch of different mechanics into the game and connecting them together so that they don't seem random and separate.  Of course, I'm sure one of the big things you've heard is "Where's the combat?" and the such, and while I would personally like some good ol' action game combat as well, I don't think you would need to go too crazy in that regard to make people happy; not like you'd need to beat Platinum Games or anything  ;D

On a side note, I think all the music, voice acting, and dialogue are fantastic.  I couldn't hope for better.

Does that all make sense?  I'm, of course, speaking as a person on the outside, giving my opinions with no idea how much work you've all put into what, so if I offend you at any point, I sincerely apologize.  I really do appreciate all the effort that Soma Games has put into this.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!