News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

321tumbler

I just recently started getting into manga/anime at the suggestion of a friend. I am watching Naruto and reading The Breaker.

My brother watched Deathnote and really like it, but it scared me. Maybe someday.

Banya

There's no limit to my love for Naruto. Please talk to me about it!

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Banya on February 26, 2017, 08:00:37 AM
There's no limit to my love for Naruto. Please talk to me about it!

kamehamehaaaaaaaaaaa
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Banya

^Ash that's Dragon Ball.

@Sierra Kuroko no Basuke has been recommended to me by so many different people, it's near the top of my to-watch list.

Okay, updates...

I watched the short Arcana Famiglia, a mafia anime. It takes place in Italy and the English subs used a lot of Italian words, thanks?? The first episode had promise but the story didn't go where I expected it to go. The introduction of the characters and their abilities was so forced it was almost cringey. It actually did get better as it went on and ended strong, but they sacrificed a lot of action for relationship development between the characters. That being said, the characters were great, except for the lack of a villain. I enjoyed it, but overall it's a really forgettable anime.

I'm watching the airing Saga of Tanya the Evil, and while I haven't made up my mind on it yet, I'm enjoying the World War I action. The art style is different, too. It's interesting to have an evil main character, and Tanya is pretty twisted. I've watched it dubbed so far, and while Monica Rial and J Michael Tatum are AMAZING voice actors, it'd be nice to have well-done dub without those two, simply because their voices are so distinguishable.

Finally, I have another con TOMORROW, Shuto Con in Lansing. Their rules are pretty standard: shoes at all times, no live steel, etc., but one of the official con rules is "No didgeridoos over 12 ft," and I'm so curious about what happened to make than an official con rule.
My roommate is going to the con with me on Friday and I'm so excited to share this other side of my life with her. Two of my favourite things together.
Lineup... Friday I'm going as Tenten from Naruto and the roomie is going as fem Captain America. She already had a mask and shield, everything. Cap's her fave. She's been leaving the mask propped up in the bedroom in odd places to stare at me. It's sadistic. Saturday I'm reprising Tenten for the Naruto meetup and afterward changing into Atsushi from Bungou Stray Dogs. Sunday I'll be Yoite from Nabari no Ou. I stayed up all night last night to style all three wigs, and they all turned out well. So no con crunch today; my body and soul are ready. It's over two months since my last con and the excitement is killing me.

Ungatt Trunn

I've watched the entire Dragon Ball series (not Dragon Ball Z, I mean the actual original Dragon Ball. I've only seen the first 13 episodes of Z and a couple of "growing-up" animes here and there. The only one that I can remember watching right off the top of my head is Kokoro Connect, and I started it like nine months ago  but I haven't even finished it yet...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Banya

Someone just recommended Kokoro Connect to me, said it's their absolute favourite, but they had questionable taste in waifus so we'll see.

Rumour has it Naruto Shippuden is ending on Thursday with the release of their 500th episode, and it leaves me feeling a little hollow inside.

The con was good! It was a small con centre that was packed with people. The dealers' room was huge and I didn't really plan a budget, so I spent all the money I had on me, but there were only four panel rooms and events didn't run very late, so after the dealers' room closed and the meetups ended there wasn't a lot to do. Fun weekend overall!

Kitsune

"Questionable taste in waifus" ;D

Banya

The first ep of the 2nd season of Attack on Titan came out just after midnight today and it is AMAZING. The manga is fantastic, but the stylistic things they add to the show give me goosebumps and I was screaming. I already loved the animation, and it's improved since the first season was released four years ago. I love it, and I love that they keep the anime true to the original story.

Kitsune

Just started Noragami. I love it.

It was suggested to me by some friends *cough* @MarianaRedWixi @Space babe ;) *cough* because apparently I remind them of Yato (At least, Space Babe said that).

Aimless Gallivanter

!!!!!!!
i love noragami!! the second season is definitely better
im gay!!!!!!

MarianaRedWixi

Quote from: Kitsune on April 06, 2017, 02:13:25 AM
Just started Noragami. I love it.

It was suggested to me by some friends *cough* @MarianaRedWixi @Space babe ;) *cough* because apparently I remind them of Yato (At least, Space Babe said that).

She's not exactly wrong ;D
You also remind me of Itsuka Shidou but that's a story for another time. 8)
~What am I doing?~

Banya

What Galli said, the second season is waaay better. I felt things. The first season is mostly anime-exclusive.

Banya

*DP*

Finally watched Free! and I loved it! Also enjoyed Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, which is sort of Attack on Titan set in Japan, but I didn't like it nearly as much as AoT. Kiznaiver was good - I think if you like Mekakucity Actors you'll like Kiznaiver; they look and feel very similar with interesting social/friendship themes. And right now I'm watching Nanbaka, which is a funny and pretty ridiculous gag anime about prison inmates, if you need fluff.

I went to Anime Central last weekend, which is a pretty big con in Chicago. I bought a lot of prints and got several free things and re-connected with friends I haven't seen in months. Altogether a really good time.

Jukka the Sling

Soooo... I just finished watching the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist.  The English dub, of course.  My first real anime.  It was wild and largely enjoyable.  The first half was the best.

So.  I haven't watched Conqueror of Shamballa, but tbh I don't know if it's worth it right now since the main story's over and I do really want to watch Brotherhood.  But, um... I'm also extremely nervous about Brotherhood because I've read a lot of spoilers and it seems like it's a theological quagmire.

EDIT:  (Removed lengthy ramble about my concerns.)  I've done some more research, and I don't really need a response now after all. XD
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

MeganTheRecorderOfRedwall

I love anime! My favourite is Black Butler :) :D