News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Academic Thread

Started by Skyblade, January 21, 2015, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What year do you graduate from high school?

Already graduated
6 (20.7%)
2015 (this year)
0 (0%)
2016 (next year)
4 (13.8%)
2017 (etc.)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
4 (13.8%)
After 2020
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Delthion

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on January 27, 2016, 01:03:03 AM
First: Warpdrive or wormholes are the only possible solution to that problem.

Second:

You can't actually see nebulae with the naked eye, those are filtered by wavelength to have color.

Whatever Wylder... ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Banya

Sky, that's great!

I dropped half my courses before the deadline, so it's been a pretty good semester with only two classes.  That's an hour and a half a day, but it's still a lot of work outside of class.

Skyblade

Thank you, Banya! :)

That sounds nice, too! ;)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

I got a 75% scholarship to one of the most prestigious schools in my area. It's also the school I want to go to. I'm stoked.

Rosie Willowwater

Kitsune

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Kitsune

Jukka the Sling

Awesome!  I'm so happy for you!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

Dude, lucky! Congratulations!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Lady Amber

That's awesome, Kit! Congratulations!

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Rosie Willowwater

So, I've been considering switching from homeschool to private school. Do you guys have any pointers or warnings you could give me, or any reasons I should just stay homeschooled?

Cornflower MM

Because any school system will fill your head full of useless junk? And you can't really learn it at your own pace.

alexandre

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on March 27, 2017, 04:20:49 PM
So, I've been considering switching from homeschool to private school. Do you guys have any pointers or warnings you could give me, or any reasons I should just stay homeschooled?

I went to a private school from Kindergarten till 4'th grade, and from what I recall, Everyone (or almost everyone) there are complete snobs.

Private school has a reputation for being more academically advanced than public school, and I don't know how true that is, but I can tell you that from my experience, the atmosphere is really negative and awful

But that could just be the one I went to. The one I went to was a Catholic school, which shouldn't be a problem. But in time, it became a place for parents to isolate their children from other religions and ideas, and less of a place for learning more than in public school.

Though that is just my experience. For all I know, most private schools could be great places to learn.  :-\
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine