News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by Kitsune, February 10, 2016, 02:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Who here plays Minecraft? And what servers do you play on?

My current IGN is Kitsune_X.

Groddil

Nope. I play Terraria and 7 Days to Die, though.

Lord Daskar

I play, but only on single player.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

The Skarzs

I haven't played in a long time. But when I do play, it is usually on multiplayer, on a server called Pickaxis. It's got several game types, and I think it's pretty fun.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Yes, I revived this. Deal with it. Why? Because I've set up a little server, nothing fancy, for this forum. Basically, whenever the server is online, I'll edit this post to say so, like this:

QuoteServer Status: Online

The point is, if its up, you join the server and state your forum username. I'll let you out of the jail and you're free to do whatever. The server I.P address is below, along with the current status.

-----

Server IP: 210.10.133.157

Server Status: Offline

Make sure you're using legit (paid) MC and running 1.9.2.

W0NWILL

Ooh, if you can, you should get the map from our old server back in the day. Last I checked, it wasn't up. Gonff probably has the map. Sadly, I never got around to downloading it. :-\ But we recreated the majority of the Redwall world. You name a location, it prolly existed in some form or another. We were even working on locations from Castaways for the heck of it.

Course that doesn't need to happen. Minecraft is plenty fun without all the Redwall stuff.

In any case, I'll prolly end up popping on at some point or another.

Jetthebinturong

If it's creative sign me right up. If it's survival I'm not too interested but I might pop in from time to time.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Quote from: BatLord on May 03, 2016, 03:41:18 PM
Ooh, if you can, you should get the map from our old server back in the day. Last I checked, it wasn't up. Gonff probably has the map. Sadly, I never got around to downloading it. :-\ But we recreated the majority of the Redwall world. You name a location, it prolly existed in some form or another. We were even working on locations from Castaways for the heck of it.

Course that doesn't need to happen. Minecraft is plenty fun without all the Redwall stuff.

In any case, I'll prolly end up popping on at some point or another.
The old one O think is sorta active, and the more recent one is down.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Perhaps I could fire up my minecraft to do a little collaborative building. I really don't have the time for survival though, I'd be like Jett, maybe popping on once a week.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Sounds cool, I'll see what I can do.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

@Jet the binturong: It is a survival server, but I can change you to creative if you want to do your thing somewhere. spoilsport

Izeroth

Does anyone know how to improve performance on 1.9? I've changed settings and attempted to allocate more RAM, but so far this has had no noticeable effect.

Groddil

Quote from: Izeroth on May 03, 2016, 10:07:38 PM
  Does anyone know how to improve performance on 1.9? I've changed settings and attempted to allocate more RAM, but so far this has had no noticeable effect.

Turn off Mimap in the settings. That helped a lot for me.

Rusvul

Mipmap causes lag (it smooths textures at a distance,) VSync causes lag (it prevents screen tearing if you're running over 60fps, but if you're not, it just lags you.) Render distance, smooth lighting, and fancy graphics all obviously increase lag. I'm not really sure what Advanced OpenGL and Anisotropic Filtering do, but they both cause lag. Clouds and high brightness both cause a little bit of lag as well, but that's not usually significant.

Kitsune

@Groddil: If it is still a thing, I would like to join your server. My IGN is Kitsune_X