News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by Ungatt Trunn, February 11, 2017, 06:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

I know as this is a more "family oriented" forum on account of it being dedicated to a more younger-audience series like Redwall that maybe not too many people that are into this, but I want to know if anyone else is into or at least watches/watched The Walking Dead? If so, thoughts/discussions?

Right now I'm on episode 8 of Season 4 (I know I'm a bit behind, but I'm working on it  ;D ). I know this may sound strange as my profile pic is Negan, who doesn't appear until like Season 6... but hey, (POTENTIAL SPOILER INBOUND) everyone knows by now that Glenn is dead, and or course everyone also knows who finished him off... and I'm liking the sound of Negan, so why not use him as my profile pic?

Anyways, any fellow Walking Dead watchers out there?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Feles

and now your personal text just made sense to me...

I'll discuss when it comes back on in February.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Luftwaffles

I have been reading the comic on-and-off since issue 1 and I found it very enjoyable (especially around the Prison, which has since become my favorite part of the story).

I can't say the same for the TV show, though. I watched the double-feature showcasing Episodes 1 and 2 (and I remember them being quite good, actually) but then I got immediately thrown off by the delay between each new air date of following episodes and never watched the series consistently again.

Netflix keeps recommending me the series and I have since watched some episodes on Fox... maybe it is time for me to pick it up again.   
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Inquisitor on February 11, 2017, 06:13:28 AM
and now your personal text just made sense to me...

I'll discuss when it comes back on in February.
Lol I should probably change my personal text - could be taken in the wrong way by someone who doesn't understand the context :P

Wait, waddya mean "come back on in February"? It's February 10 where I am, and isn't it every Sunday?

Quote from: Sierra on February 11, 2017, 06:17:35 AM
I have been reading the comic on-and-off since issue 1 and I found it very enjoyable (especially around the Prison, which has since become my favorite part of the story).

I can't say the same for the TV show, though. I watched the double-feature showcasing Episodes 1 and 2 (I remember them being quite good, actually) but then I got immediately thrown off by the delay between each new air date of following episodes. Netflix keeps recommending me the series and I have since watched some on Fox with equally as great enjoyment... maybe it is time for me to pick it up again.   
I've never actually read the comics... I just started watching The Walking Dead on a whim and discovered I really liked it lol

So how far have you actually gotten? I can say that they shouldn't disappoint ;D

Luftwaffles

I've never actually read the comics... I just started watching The Walking Dead on a whim and discovered I really liked it lol

So how far have you actually gotten? I can say that they shouldn't disappoint ;D

On the comics? I read up to Issue #117, I believe. I have since lost track of it, though. Those are definitely great and well-worth your time, specially early on with their rough-draft drawing style and colorful yet dark covers.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Sierra on February 11, 2017, 06:25:41 AM

On the comics? I read up to Issue #117, I believe. I have since lost track of it, though. Those are definitely great and well-worth your time, specially early on with their rough-draft drawing style and colorful yet dark covers.
I might check into them - I've watched interviews from the makers of the show, and it seems like the show is pretty different from the series, so I could probably get a lot out of reading the original story

Luftwaffles

I'd totally recommend you to do it. I believe that several key characters from the comic never made it into the show (and vice versa). Plus, there's something utterly rewarding at reading the story unfold at its own pace.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Sierra on February 11, 2017, 06:34:47 AM
I'd totally recommend you to do it. I believe that several key characters from the comic never made it into the show (and vice versa). Plus, there's something utterly rewarding at reading the story unfold at its own pace.
Yeah, though the TV show's story unfolds in a darn nice way itself... but yeah, I'll definitely give the comics a shot sometime.

Cornflower MM

Fun fact about the show: A scene of some episode last year was filmed by I-guess-she's-a-friend's house.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Peony on February 11, 2017, 03:56:21 PM
Fun fact about the show: A scene of some episode last year was filmed by I-guess-she's-a-friend's house.
Did they have to "trash" the house (as most homes and buildings are falling apart in the show)?

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Ungatt Trunn

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Peony on February 11, 2017, 03:56:21 PM
Haha, cool!

Eulaliaaa!

I love this show. And I only got into it this summer :P

Can't wait for the second half of season 6
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Eulalia on February 11, 2017, 09:54:29 PM
I love this show. And I only got into it this summer :P

Can't wait for the second half of season 6
U mean Season 7? (The season that's currently airing)