News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by Ungatt Trunn, February 11, 2017, 06:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Possible spoiler to anyone intending to read the comics; Hershel didn't lose his leg in the comics, though. :P

I've read most of the comics (up to the start of the Whisperer War, which has recently been concluded, I believe?) and am just waiting for a chance to buy the newest volume whenever it's out.  I don't bother buying individual issues.  I don't own all of the comics, despite having read them up to this point, though.  I'm slowly working on expanding my collection.

I've seen every episode of the TV series, though, and own all of the seasons except for 2 and 5 on either bluray or DVD.  I've also watched the two currently released seasons of the spin-off, Fear the Walking Dead, and have read two of the novels that tie in with the comics (I got sidetracked after starting on the third).

Since we were discussing The Governor, I want to say that I think he was a better villain on the show because of the fact that he wasn't obviously evil all of the time.  In the comics he just straight-up announces it, and despite the novels giving him more character depth, he was more difficult to like as a villain in the comics for me.  I don't think his TV incarnation would have worked in the comics, however.  He was more suited for the actor they cast and specifically, for being on a screen.  The comic version was much better suited for the comics.  The different tones of the two and stories not being exactly the same makes it more logical that the villains aren't quite the same, too.

On that note, I'm going to say this (comic and TV spoilers ahead):
Spoiler
I do like the TV series' way of handling Negan better than the comics so far.  TV Rick is much more awesome and likable than comic Rick, and having kept Morgan alive to push for the sparing of Negan rather than having Rick come to that conclusion somewhat randomly is something I'm really grateful for and excited about.
[close]
Only actions can speak the truth.

Feles

Off to see the next episode, see y'all in a bit.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Eulaliaaa!

Have fun.... I'll be waiting until 1 in the morning to see it....
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Ungatt Trunn

I just finished up Season 4 - just two more seasons and a few episodes then I'm all caught up  :P

Life is too short to rush through it.

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Ungatt Trunn

Yup, but it's a road I'm looking forward to!

Luftwaffles

I'm glad you are enjoying it, mate :)

I personally can't wait to start the series myself.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ungatt Trunn

It's a great series - it's one of those types that it's hard to stop watching, but there are so many episodes that you can spend literally hours watching it and still have a ton left to go.

Also, on what do you want to watch the series? Like on Netflix or...?

Luftwaffles

Netflix on my PS3, yeah. Why?

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ungatt Trunn

Just curious - I'm not sure what the most popular way seems to be for people to watch TWD

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on February 26, 2017, 02:24:54 AM
Just curious - I'm not sure what the most popular way seems to be for people to watch TWD

My friend watched the entire series on Netflix and said it was a really enjoyable and smooth experience.

I have only rarely used the thing since I got my subscription, but I'm ready to take his word for it.

Frost

My wife and I try to catch the new episodes on AMC as they debut, but much of that depends on if our kids are down yet for the night. ;)
Someday you will find me, caught beneath the landslide...

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Sierra on February 26, 2017, 02:43:20 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on February 26, 2017, 02:24:54 AM

My friend watched the entire series on Netflix and said it was a really enjoyable and smooth experience.

I have only rarely used the thing since I got my subscription, but I'm ready to take his word for it.
Netflix is pretty good, as long as no one else is like uploading a 10-hour video to YouTube. I don't watch TWD on it (the rest of my family doesn't care for or really like that stuff), but we've watched other long TV shows and stuff on it with little to no problem.

Quote from: Frost on February 26, 2017, 02:57:06 AM
My wife and I try to catch the new episodes on AMC as they debut, but much of that depends on if our kids are down yet for the night. ;)
Not exactly a show for the little 'uns  ;D

Luftwaffles

I share account with like four other people, though. Mmm...

Also, it's come to my attention that I'm actually subscribed to AMC via my cable operator. We will see if I can catch the episodes there as well.

Andy

I watched the series on Netflix until I was caught up and since then have been watching all the new episodes as they air on AMC. Watching Talking Dead after is a lot of fun, too. I also buy the seasons on bluray or DVD later, as there are often extended episodes, deleted scenes, and interesting commentary from the cast and crew (I've always wanted to be in entertainment, so this stuff REALLY appeals to me).

I have to say, season 4 was unquestionably my favorite. I'm really liking some of what they're doing now, too, though some of it is kind of weird (maybe I just feel that way because I've read the comics at this point). Either way I'm eager for tonight's episode. :)
Only actions can speak the truth.