News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall

Started by Captain Tammo, June 29, 2011, 05:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

MatthiasMan

Yeah but I think the ditch was made by the castle Kotir and that pond rat just made a secret escape cave but over time the cave caved in on itself creating a ditch.  Ever thought of that?

W0NWILL

I think that's unlikely. The Gloomer was kept on a lead, remember?

I have to agree with the defensive thought in making the ditch. Invading armies could easily be pinned and trapped in the ditch by a few archers and slingers. And if anyone wishes to make the argument that it's a nice place to dig into the castle/abbey, vermin were never the smartest, and they may not take that into consideration.

phoenixfoden

Are we talking about the ditch in front of redwall?i have wonderd what that is used for

Lord Gorath

It said in some book, one I can't remember, that there was a lake where Kotir fell. I think it shrank into a pond, then during a drought it dried up into a ditch.

321tumbler

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Lord Gorath on November 18, 2012, 02:20:55 AM
It said in some book, one I can't remember, that there was a lake where Kotir fell. I think it shrank into a pond, then during a drought it dried up into a ditch.
SPOILER ALERT FOR MOSSFLOWER

What happened was Kotir was flooded by the river Moss in a plot to bring it down. Some moles from CORIM dug tunnels into the deepest chambers of Kotir and connected them to River Moss. Then the water of the river went right into Kotir, flooding it from inside out! This made the whole area look like a lake and, after the battle was over and the tunnels were plugged up again, the area turned into a swamp and, finally solid ground. The pond in the abbey is a natural spring.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Captain Tammo

Sorry about the double post, but how tall are Redwall's walls?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Big!

Look at those people in the picture as being otters

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

Captain Tammo

That helps quite a bit! Which castle is that? Or is it a fort??

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Captain Tammo on December 30, 2012, 07:12:19 PM
That helps quite a bit! Which castle is that? Or is it a fort??

Caernarfon castle, Look it up to see more pictures.

click the banner

Captain Tammo

Do you think there's any connection between Rose, Martin's love, and the fact that he built an abbey that Jacques so often describes as having "Rose colored walls"?

Leatho Shellhound

Um well he planted the late rose from her grave near the wall.

click the banner