Introducing Redwall

Started by NovaNocturne, May 25, 2017, 04:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NovaNocturne

Perhaps I am desensitized. I got into the series when I was VERY young. The violence never hit me too hard. is that terrible to say? Granted I've become more sensitive to it as I have gotten older, so I can see how it might be more of a young adult series versus a childrens book.

Ashleg

I've actually got desensitized.

UNKN0WN

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 20, 2017, 03:39:22 AM
Want to feel old? The animated series aired back in 2000. That's right, 17 years ago.

I don't want to feel old.

Ashleg

When you're younger than the show and thus don't feel old.

The Skarzs

I was two or three. Wow.

My grandmother taped the series off the television and we still have the tape with almost all the episodes. (And when I saw the ones that weren't on there I am glad they weren't.) It also had the full-length movie, so that was cool.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

a crumb

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 20, 2017, 03:39:22 AM
Want to feel old? The animated series aired back in 2000. That's right, 17 years ago.
ugh.

So, I watched the third series of the tv series with a few of my sisters last week, among other things, and one of them, previously not into Redwall, is now watching the first series, working forward. Which is cool, and watching the series with them was fun.

Ashleg

a crumb

Quote from: Ashleg on October 01, 2017, 07:19:48 PM
What?

sorry, i was modifying my post, and then had connection issues. fixed now.

Ashleg

Oh. That's cool she likes it.

Although I don't think the series is a good way to get into the books, whatever.

Jukka the Sling

Well, that's how Amber, Russa, and I got into the books.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Yeah, my family wouldn't have gotten into the books if it weren't for the show.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ashleg

The show sets the bar so low.

MeadowR

Hahaha.

I don't think I've introduced anybody to the books per se. I have mentioned to a few about it and they've said 'ooh, I used to read that, blah blah', though.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

Kinda the same situation with me.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.