Eulalia
0 (0%)
Doomwyte
0 (0%)
The Sable Quean
0 (0%)
The Rouge Crew
0 (0%)
Other Redwall Book Such as the riddler or the cookbook.
1 (6.7%)
Taggerung
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

alexandre

In a while, I will take the top 5 winners and reset the poll so it is only those five options that way voters can pick a choice that may not be their first option but they like better than the other winners.  ;D ;D ;D
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Gonff the Mousethief

Mossflower without a doubt. Has Gonff, Martin, one of the best adventrues, and a perfect origin story of Redwall.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

alexandre

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on August 15, 2016, 09:05:46 PM
Mossflower without a doubt. Has Gonff, Martin, one of the best adventrues, and a perfect origin story of Redwall.

I agree!  8)

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Lord Daskar

I've always liked the Long Patrol the best,
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

alexandre

Mossflower is by far my favorite, Martin at his best.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

alexandre

Quote from: Sagetip on August 16, 2016, 03:48:35 PM
Quote from: Lord Daskar on August 15, 2016, 10:07:17 PM
I've always liked the Long Patrol the best,

The Long Patrol used to be my favorite but now I think that in Mossflower the adventures were more... adventurous? It seemed like the whole idea of Mossflower was new but The Long Patrol seemed to be a very typical Redwall book; Some bad beasts plan to take Redwall. A new warrior is seen, a young and adventurous spirit. He goes to save Redwall from evil. That kind of book is very fun to read, but I felt like Mossflower was more dramatic and had more of an adventure feel. Especially since it was the second book and everything was newer. But it still would have stuck out if it was one of the later books.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Captain Tammo

Wow 3 for the Long Patrol!

Quote from: alexandre on August 16, 2016, 04:51:27 PM
     The Long Patrol used to be my favorite but now I think that in Mossflower the adventures were more... adventurous? It seemed like the whole idea of Mossflower was new but The Long Patrol seemed to be a very typical Redwall book; Some bad beasts plan to take Redwall. A new warrior is seen, a young and adventurous spirit. He goes to save Redwall from evil. That kind of book is very fun to read, but I felt like Mossflower was more dramatic and had more of an adventure feel. Especially since it was the second book and everything was newer. But it still would have stuck out if it was one of the later books.

Totally respect that - Mossflower's awesome - just wanted to share what I think of The Long Patrol in response to this:

I actually thought The Long Patrol was different from the regular redwall formula. The Long Patrol is not a story that centers around a single character, but rather it's a story about the events centered around the Long Patrol and their struggle with the rapscallion army. Sure, Tammo could be considered one of the more prominent characters, but he's normal and has a normal beast's limits. Tammo doesn't win all of his battles, wield Martin's sword, command an army, nor smile at the thought of battle. In fact, the only major event that sets Tammo apart is his involvement in the mission to infiltrate the rapscallion camp. But even then he was just following Midge Manycoats' instructions. And while finishing up the story, what kind of ending does Tammo get? Well, a relatively ordinary one. Why? because the story really isn't about Tammo. It's about the Long Patrol. The Long Patrol as a whole is what gets the special ending, and that is what makes this story so unique compared to the other books. That's why the book isn't called Tammo's journey
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

alexandre

I guess you do have a point, but the bad guys were still typical and all the adventure stuff was in areas that we have already seen, so I think that is what made it kind of dull. But I will grant that there was less focus on one character unlike other books.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Krowdon

Love all the books, but my favorite's gotta be Taggerung.

I think the idea of a woodlander being raised by vermin is really neat!! I do kinda wish that Deyna wasn't like, a complete goodbeast, but that's okay! The relationship between Nimbalo and Tagg I love, and of course, Cregga is in it too.

Also, I may be a little biased because that's the first Redwall book I ever read but hey.

Kitsune

I voted for Mossflower, because...

1) It did a really good job portraying the idea that "vermin" could be good creatures too.
2) It really showed how power can mess with one's mind, causing Tsarmina to try to viciously stamp out revolution as well as her being deathly afraid of being ultimately without power (being in water).
3) I liked how they let Tsarmima's army go at the end, instead of the usual "Blood an' vinegar!" massacre.

Ashleg

alexandre

Quote from: Kitsune on August 29, 2016, 09:57:25 AM
I voted for Mossflower, because...

1) It did a really good job portraying the idea that "vermin" could be good creatures too.
2) It really showed how power can mess with one's mind, causing Tsarmina to try to viciously stamp out revolution as well as her being deathly afraid of being ultimately without power (being in water).
3) I liked how they let Tsarmima's army go at the end, instead of the usual "Blood an' vinegar!" massacre.

I completely agree, also there is Gonff who is awesome.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Delthion

Rakkety Tam! It was either that or Mattimeo.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Definitely Mossflower! It set the standard for so many things in the series, like the way the moles were and the personality of Martin, as well as the origin of his sword. It had this feeling throughout the book of something older and more original than any of the others. It encompassed a huge area of the world, kind of like mapping Mossflower in a way, and it introduced several interesting places like Salamandastron and the legendary badgers, Brockhall, Kotir (and the future site of Redwall), among other things. The culture of the book was also interesting, with what seemed to be an organized army that took taxes, the distinct feeling of unrest, and how we just knew a storm was about to break.

I could go on. In my opinion, it's the most well-written book in the series.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.