News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Profile Picture Above Me

Started by Tiria Wildlough, October 07, 2011, 07:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

I can't for the life of me remember the name of that short story and I'm too lazy to go look but I do remember loving the art.

Wrong Wikipedia page.
"Black Veil Brides is an American rock band based in Hollywood, California. The group formed in 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio and is currently composed of Andy Biersack (lead vocals), Ashley Purdy (bass, backing vocals), Jake Pitts (lead guitar), Jinxx (rhythm guitar, violin) and Christian "CC" Coma (drums). Black Veil Brides are known for their use of black makeup, body paint, tight black studded clothing, and long hair, which were all inspired by the stage personas of KISS and Mötley Crüe, as well as other 1980s glam metal acts.[1]" ;)

Nadaz, voice of the host

A person holding a curling broom surrounded by purple fog.

You said BVB I just showed you them   ;D
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Cornflower MM

Redwall always had beautiful art. Especially the short stories.

Jukka the Sling

A rainbow flag.  Hm.  Seems to be missing the typical indigo.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

MaRey Sue.

Ish.

She does have flaws, but they're not very significant.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

His glowy hand thing is quite interesting.

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 01, 2018, 11:27:05 PM
A rainbow flag.  Hm.  Seems to be missing the typical indigo.

That's 'cause it's a pride flag. They don't have indigo.

Jetthebinturong

The dimensions of that image bother me, but I appreciate the spirit of the picture.

My profile pictures are always appropriate for Pride Month, since they're nigh-exclusively queer fictional characters. ;D
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Wylder Treejumper

I've never had coffee, but I can't stand the smell of it.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

Cool art!  Is that just general artwork, or fanart of a particular character?

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 02, 2018, 01:56:52 AM
Ah.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

shnoodlec

I'm not a Marvel fan but that's some cool art.

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 02, 2018, 01:56:52 AM
His glowy hand thing is quite interesting.

Indigo (along with pink and turquoise were included in the pride flag until 1979. Each of the eight colors on the flag had a specific meaning, and indigo represented serenity. :)
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread here, art thread here.

Jukka the Sling

Another rainbow flag.

(So, you're not a Marvel fan, but you recognized her as a Marvel character? XD)

Delthion

I thought it was Belle from Beauty and the Beast...now I'm confused... ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

A gypsy caravan?

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 02, 2018, 07:39:55 PM
Cool art!  Is that just general artwork, or fanart of a particular character?
It is merely an exceedingly cool piece of art I found by searching for pictures of paladins- but I may have adopted it for one of my characters ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

'Tis the paladin again!

Quote from: Delthion on June 09, 2018, 03:18:33 AM
I thought it was Belle from Beauty and the Beast...now I'm confused... ;D
It was actually Peggy Carter. XD