News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Whats you favorite fan-fic? (post a comment if you dont see yours there)

Started by Feles, May 21, 2014, 01:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

My favorite fanfic (assuming we can't vote for ourselves ;)) is Mossflower Falls because it offers an interesting tale with nicely woven characters. In addition to this, it's on its way to becoming a completed work, something that, unfortunately, isn't too common on the forum. A completed work offers a lot more excitement because you can actually get involved in the story without worrying about it being discontinued.

As for low view counts (This especially goes for people who've just submitted their works and are feeling a little discouraged), I've noticed just about all Fanfictions start out with very little views and don't grow too rapidly at the start. It's not until much, much later that they really start getting the views. Also take into account the time of year, specifically the school year. Most kids don't have time to hop on and read a fanfic when they're in the middle of finals. I myself am struggling to do so (I always love reading the fanfics!) and keep up with a deadline for my next fanfic.

Quote from: CpnRake335 on May 22, 2014, 08:51:42 PM
I find it kind of weird that no one has voted on Dusktail or Mossflower falls yet

They are almost as good (in my opinion) as Origins of Simon

I'm flattered ;) hahah
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Darkenmal

I completely agree with Tammo, in terms of Fan-Fiction views/reviews.

Quality written Fan-Fiction is really hard to find, much less found in a completed state. If anyone reading this feels discouraged about the state of their Fan-Fiction, remember that you are not alone. Many well-written books have been ignored by most, much less for an unpublished Fan-Fiction. However, if you persevere, there will be reviews/views. Just keep plugging away, and keep at it. You will only get better at your craft. Enjoy it.

On a lighter note, thanks everyone! I'm flattered to be included on a list with so many great fan-fics. Let's try to maintain this site as a repository of great stories in a world that we all know and love.

Cheers!

Edit: Wow, thanks for the vote kind stranger! Your literal vote of confidence helps gives me the determination to keep going.
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Darkenmal

Whichever you prefer. Would be cool to know, but I'm fine with whatever you decide. :P
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

rachel25

Anyway, what about my one shot? You didn't reply to what I said earlier Cpnrake.

Faiyloe

Dusktail was the only Fan fiction that I really read but to tell the truth I thought It was amazing. I stopped reading for a bit because life got in the way but I should get back to it.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Darkenmal

Quote from: Faiyloe on May 23, 2014, 06:59:44 PM
Dusktail was the only Fan fiction that I really read but to tell the truth I thought It was amazing. I stopped reading for a bit because life got in the way but I should get back to it.

Wow, thanks! :)

Feel free to read it via this link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9528816/1/Dusktail-A-Tale-of-Redwall

Cheers!

Feles

Quote from: rachel25 on May 23, 2014, 05:20:07 PM
Anyway, what about my one shot? You didn't reply to what I said earlier Cpnrake.
ill get to it
I got a "little" crazy in the cellars

Quote from: W0NWILL on May 22, 2014, 03:11:45 AM
My fic, The Last Crow, was abandoned long ago. The more apt ones of mine to put on would probably be The Lost Adventures of Martin the Warrior or The Warrior Lives On. Neither are my best work, I admit, but they're my best 'recent' ones. Recent meaning updated in 2012(and that tells you everything about my writing schedule).
what a pity, I was starting to like it
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Feles

I just posted another great fan-fic on the poll
Isenulf
I am Bobracha!

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Feles

I am Bobracha!

Delthion

I voted for The Tale of the Blademaster, but I haven't read any others.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.