News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Forum Fan-Fic

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, April 06, 2016, 10:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Like Button" (Requested by Bonaparte)

39 (97.5%)
Dislike
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Gonff the Mousethief

(Made by Aimless Gallivanter)

The Autumn of the Whispering Winds is underway! So far, it has been spectacular. Ever since Badger Lord Søren the Warrior let young miss Dotti stay with us, the Dibbuns,and really every Redwaller, have gotten a good laugh from her mischief. Even James and Kit have spat out a little joyous giggle from her. But she really couldn't do it without Bonaparte being there at her side. Ah, what a pair the two of them are. After we rescued him, and many other vermin from the small traveling band a few seasons back, they have really found their place and help out the Abbey in many ways. Groddil became Friar with his two assistants Amber and Russa (Who act just like sisters in my opinion), Sandpaw who, along with Ashenwyte, seem to have our whole Abbey protected in some way or another, and that Daskar (or as he wants to be called 'Lord Daskar') is always proclaiming to be king. Oh, and not to forget Ashleg, rubbing up on Father Matthias for some odd reason or another. In all though, they are great beasts to have around here.

Anyway, today is a pretty spectacular day. Many old faces are returning for a large party in the cellars, or a "cellarbration" as  Cellarhog Delthion calls it. Banya, Leatgo, and Mhera are coming back from the Hullabaloo and Rusvul is returning from some "research on new inventions involving by products of fire", whatever that is. Also, Wylder is on his return journey from, well, I really don't know where. He seems to be moving around a lot. Eul left a few days back to settle some business elsewhere, so it will be good to here what went down. Oh, and Faiyloe may stop by. We haven't seen her in some time, ever since that mountain lion she liked left. All beat up, scarred torn. Poor fellow, but wouldn't take any pity. Finally, Søren is coming back here for the first time sense the summer (He says it's his duty because he was voted "Cellar President". I say, those folk down there are a little too tipsy a little too much). Sister Rachel and Sister Rain have painted some old barrels to set around, while Delthion has been hard brewing away. Galli, of course, is preparing her all of her songs she has recorded over the years. I bet she could record more than I could in a day for sure. And little Sister Perifean will be up all night with the ones who drink too much. What a pitiful job healer must be. Oh, and I almost forgot Badgermum Sky. Her poor soul, working with all of those Dibbuns all the time. I must say, it takes a strong spirit to control those rascals. So. Today will be one to remember for sure. Oh, I hear Sister BatLord ringing the noon bells. Dear, has it taken me this long to write this? And oh, I meant to restore an old heap of documents that have been gathering their twentieth layer of dust. Sister Jukka may be available to help with those, since her library duty has been quiet of late. Delthion you old sharp spine, why must this party be today! Oh bother. I must be going. Let's hope everything turns out for the best tonight.

Gonff the Blue Fox, Recorder of Redwall Abbey in Mossflower Country.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ashleg

Jukka the Sling

*was grinning the whole time*  Gonff, this is awesome so far!  Can't wait to see how it turns out!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Faiyloe

Oh this is awesome  ;D. I am totally keeping tabs on this. ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Lady Amber

Awesome! :D I love it and can't wait to see what happens next!

Dotti Dillworthy

*grins while fanning self*
Echoing the sentiments shown in the previous comments, this is in uber awe-inspired quality. My message to Gonff: Keep writing! The suspense is up until you reveal the first chapter!

The Skarzs

Well; very nice! (I honestly didn't expect you to mention anything of me, though. Thanks, Gonff.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

This is great, Gonff!  I eagerly await the next chapter.  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Gonff the Mousethief

So glad all of you liked this short part of it! Means a ton to me. Oh, and I wanted to include as many people as I could, so if you didn't get in, at least a reference was due.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Banya

This is already sounding great.  It's really a Recorder's entry.  I'm excited to read more!

Matthias720

Good introduction. A nice lead in to character introduction. The references feel a little forced, but it's alright, all around. Keep up the good work! :)

Russa Nodrey

This. Is. Awesome! :D Can't wait for the next chapter.
Freddy

Captain Tammo

Well written, Gonff! I like your sign-off at the end as the blue fox ;)

Sorry I was late to responding to your PM! It's always fun reading these sorts of things!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior