News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Salamandastron!

Started by Trigoma, June 24, 2011, 05:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

I Googled it!  ;D

Supposedly, Greensap milk is the juices of some kind of tuber.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung The Otter

think of redwall with not as many good foods and a lot of war
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Muse

Hey, everyone, I have an rp now in which we'll speculate about the first discovery of Sal. So come try it!
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Trigoma

The mystery of Salamandastron still exists...I cant stand it!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Dannflower Reguba

:D :D :D
Hee hee hee!
What is there to ponder? It used to be an active volcano. For some reason or other it died, leaving caverns, tunnels, and pathways. Badgers came and inhabited it, bringing hares with them.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

Don't forget, a lot of the tunnels and halls were dug or expanded on by the badgers (and probably hares too) who lived there.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Trigoma

I would like to know who named it, what the legend of the fire beast is, and when the hares got there. Hares were there first obviously, judging from Lord Brocktree.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

redwallgurl

well Salamder could've been the reason of the fire in old days and I'm not sure of the rest the end of the word mountain maybe
Fun. is a fantastic band.

gorath

astron, hmmmm. Maybe something too do with Astronomy?
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Redwallfan7

I always wondered: is Salamandastron bigger than Redwall, less space than Redwall? And do they have the same room set up? Like the kitchens and cellars?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Bragoon

It's bigger, since many animals have described it as very large, including Redwallers.  Also, it can house and support at least a thousand hares (as mentioned in one of the books, I believe it was the Long Patrol), which is surely more than Redwall ever has.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

But Redwall supported the Redwallers and 1,000 visiting hares TWICE.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

When did they have all 1000 there for an extended period of time? 

Dannflower Reguba

The Long Patrol and Taggerung

Bragoon

They didn't house or even feed them in Taggerung, they just came and left, and in the Long Patrol, only half of the hares were present, since Cregga left half with Colonel Eyebright to defend Salamandastron. 

Note: Unfortunately, I don't own Taggerung yet, so I could use some confirmation for my comments on Russano's action near the end of Taggerung.  I'm reasonably confident though.