News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Martin's death

Started by GeminyaTome, July 30, 2011, 04:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyPug37

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 24, 2013, 01:26:02 PM
Yes, but it has warnings in the chapters with rated M content.
Okay, I'll take notice of that.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Maudie

I probably won't read it. If it has bad ratings.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Mask on May 25, 2013, 12:59:32 AM
I probably won't read it. If it has bad ratings.
What do you mean by Bad Ratings? You mean, based on how much people liked it? If that's the case, don't worry! I've seen the reviews for the book, and they were really positive!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Maudie

I mean mature ratings, not the kind of thing I'd read.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Shadowed One

I normally wouldn't either, but it has warnings so I can skip the mature parts. Other then that, it was a great tale! But I understand what you mean, Mask.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

The Skarzs

Old age has always been the answer in my mind. It also says in Redwall that he died as a mouse of peace. Yes, that book had a lot of things in it that might have been desired to be changed, but it's an actual answer.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

I believe he died of old age because in the book Mariel of Redwall that he had passed away before any of the characters could meet him.
And apparently forgot about the sword on the roof and writing behind the tapestry as well. 

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

They said martin put up his sword at one point...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 17, 2014, 12:02:19 AM

I believe he died of old age because in the book Mariel of Redwall that he had passed away before any of the characters could meet him.
And apparently forgot about the sword on the roof and writing behind the tapestry as well. 
He did probably die of old age, because he needed to do all those things. We know he still had his sword in Legend of Luke, so we know he probably did it when he was a little older.

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

I think Martin the Warrior must have died of disease, old age, or poisoning. I don't think Martin would have died in battle because for one thing, he did not care if he died. After all, if he died, he would get to meet Rose in The Dark Forest. During Mossflower, he had the whole of Mossflower to live for, but after Tsarmina died and his adevnturing days were long past, he had pretty much nothing to do but wait to pass on to The Dark Forest so he can finally be with Rose. Just my two cents.

-Lord_Ashenwyte.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.