News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

King's Commands II

Started by Groddil, December 27, 2016, 06:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

King's Commands II: Electric Boogaloo

Quote from: Lord Daskar on January 04, 2016, 08:42:38 PM
Because I'm to impatient to wait till I win Overlord's OrdersJAMES!

I assume everyone's familiar with Overlord's Orders. This is the same just with a different name because it's at Loamhedge.

Sign-ups: Open!

Participants:

Overlord - Groddil

Servant I - Amarith Waterspring
Servant II- LT Sandpaw
Servant III - Izeroth
Servant IV - Fatch of Southsward
Servant V - Inquisitor
Servant VI - Vacant
Servant VII - Vacant
Servant VIII - Vacant
Servant IX - Vacant
Servant X - Vacant

Feles

Apparently nobody wants o be your servant.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Amarith Waterspring

I actually never got into Overlord's Orders, can you explain?
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Groddil

QuoteThe Rules
We will have an overlord (or overlady), who will be all powerful and control the game.
Everyone else will be a servant of theirs to do his or her bidding, which will be a new assignment at the beginning of each round.
The game begins by the Overlord issuing a task, sending out their servants, and then summoning everyone before them and questioning them about whether they got the thing they wanted.
Any given round may have anywhere from a developing storyline and plot to pure and simple tasking. At times, the gamemaster (Overlord) may deviate from the general pattern and do something different at the end than just another task.

Example Round:
Let's say the Overlord might have wanted a jeep to use.
Stage 1: Introduction
The Overlord sends out their servants on a task and they return, and the Overlord will question their servants and ask them why they failed to bring them the thing they wanted (which will invariable happen, no one ever succeeds).
Stage 2: Defenses
Players can then blame their failure on some random thing (like maybe an elephant destroying the jeep) or someone else in the game; anything to shrug themselves off from fault.
Everyone can then blame someone, themselves, keep silent, or introduce some sort of new feature that happened while acquiring the item (in this case, a jeep). Eventually, the Overlord will process the information and decide who failed.
Stage 3: Punishment
The person chosen to have failed by the Overlord is then thrown out, vaporized, or something creative, by the Overlord's orders. The idea is to not be this person, and to survive as long as possible.

Don't overflow the round. Player defenses will be judged on quality, not length or frequency.

Inter-game rules: The winner of any round is given host-ship of the next game. This can tie in with them going from servant to overlord, or it can be original.

General Guidelines:
Free roleplaying, or game spam, is fine. This means having yourself eat a banana, talk about the weather or river dance.

Whenever someone says something about an event, it becomes fact. It is what happened. If someone says an elephant destroyed a jeep, then anyone calling that person a liar is for certain lying; the jeep was destroyed by an elephant. What's up for telling by someone else is, for example, who set the elephant on the jeep. Also, a character doesn't know what someone else's motives were in doing or saying something -- they can speculate on those motives, but saying about someone, for instance, that "they meant to kill the Overlord" is not automatically factual.

Godmoding pertaining to persons should be restricted to some extent, just try to keep things with at least a hand in plausibility. Powerplaying is allowed. However, it cannot affect players between tasks. For instance, you cannot have a servants contract a disease and be unable to speak, or even die. You can have them be sick during the task, but you cannot impede them during the Sessions before the Overlord.
Normally, the Gamemaster will have technology restricting servants to a base during the game to prevent physically roleplaying and keep the game focused on its purpose. Overlords can power play.
Also, you cannot use an excuse like being brainwashed or cloned during the task. You are you - and you are responsible for what you did wrong.
All posts after the game begins should contain IC text; there should be no posts that are only OOC chatter.

No "backseat moderating". You may ask the Overlord whether someone else's post violates the rules, but do not tell that person, whether by making an OOC comment or PMing them, that they are in the wrong. The Overlord is responsible for managing the game.
Remember to keep things civil, stay inside the board rules, keep all hands and legs inside the game until it comes to a complete stop.

Amarith Waterspring

Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Groddil

Rosie Willowwater

I don't think I'll do this one. Sorry.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

I'll join sure, but I don't think there are enough active people who are interested in participating.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

Groddil

Fatch of Southsward

I will join.  :D

Despite the above  ;)

I'll try - k?  :-[
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Izeroth

Quote from: Groddil on January 17, 2017, 10:44:49 PM
Quote from: Izeroth on January 15, 2017, 02:42:57 AM
I'll join this.

You have to be active enough to participate.

Understood. I can't promise constant activity, but I would try to post as quickly as possible.

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Groddil