News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

He gave one of his rare smiles. "Indeed I am coming!" He ran towards the steps, and stopped. "I'll go get my things!" He said with jittery excitement. As he rushed down the steps, he passed a few startled Redwallers. Not many people have ever seen Willow excited, and today he was very excited.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Cornflower MM

Arya bade good-bye to the Abbess, and walked off. She went to the Pond, and heard banging at the gate. She ran over as she heard more knocking, more powerful this time. She opened the little window in the gate, "Oh! Er, Friend or Foe?" she asked, rather start-struck. Two male squirrels, both rather handsome.

The Skarzs

Argunath the cougar looked at the remnants of a recent fight, spotting some tracks. Some beast, no, two, at least had walked away from it. Moving the grass away with his long tail, he inspected the tracks more closely: It was a wolf. Straightening up, he noticed it going off on a meandering path, with drippings of blood always with it. Checking to make sure his sword and medical supplies were with him, he followed quickly, knowing that a wounded creature needed help.

OOC: what is the enemy position; looks like none has been posted
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC:  The wildcats? They're camped at the moment on the dunes by the sea. But they aren't near Salamandastron.

The Shade

Reven looked at the squirrel, and smirking, he answered.

"Friend, now giz us yer best vittles!"

Falco laughed and punched his friend's shoulder.

"We're friends miss." he chuckled.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Cornflower MM

Arya laughed as she shut the window and opened the gate, "Hahaha....Well, welcome to Redwall Abbey, friends!" She ushered them inside and shut the gates. "Actually, this isn't the best time. We've heard of a wildcat horde coming for Redwall, so we're all a little more cautious than we would normally be. I forget my manners, I'm Arya Softtail, Warrior and Champion of Redwall. Not such a great last name, is it?"

Ungatt Trunn

Aggril had made his way out of the Abbey, and was about to go on his way to the Abbes when he saw Arya at the front gate talking to two squirrels he had never seen before. "I wonder..." Aggril said to himself. He then walked over to Arya and the two strangers.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Cornflower MM

"Oh, hello Aggril. When you go over to Mother Abbess be careful. She's practicing with her sling...I just hope she gets better with it!"

----------------------------------

Abbess Rosemary saw Aggril, Arya, and two squirrels standing by the gate.She walked over to them. "Hello, travelers. I'm Mother Abbess Rosemary. Would you like anything to eat or drink? Perhaps a bed?"

The Shade

"I dunno, it's probably better than my last name," Falco said. "I'm Falco, and this here is me matey Reven. Wildcat horde ya say? Me and Revwouldn't mind lending a helping paw, we're good warriors, or so we like to think." he grinned. He swiveled around when the abbess spoke. "I think we're doing ok for now with vittles, could we prehaps send a night or two here?"

Reven said nothing throughout this, and was to busy looking at the huge abbey.

"Alright?" he said, nodding to a nearby otter who had just walked up.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

The Skarzs

Grag was upset at Grinda and Grain. Why couldn't they just attack the sandstone fortress; he was certain they could take it. But no, they insisted the captain gather a few scouts and search the area for weak points. So he was stuck heading to Redwall with two wildcats, a leopard and an ocelot. As captain, he was meant to lead the way, but had no real idea where it was exactly, and did not dare ask his touchy leaders. He would find it eventually.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Shadefur nightblade

Grang Bloodstripe stood at his windowsill, looking across the great sea at the rolling waves. His blood red cloak swirled around him in the ocean wind. His pilum rested on the wall next to him, collecting dust. it had been too long without war, and he could feel that the peace was about to end. It was like the calm before the storm. Heaving a great sigh, he turned and walked out of his chambers, heading to the mess.

Iceclaw Deathfur  walked out from his tent and surveyed the horde around him. He strode forward to the top of a sand dune where he could see the other captain, Grag, was  going to scout out the Redwall place in the distance. He was reluctant to attack it, because, from what he heard, many great warlords had tried to take it, and all had failed.

The Skarzs

Grag left the camp heading east, and the others were soon lost to sight. He was glad to be doing something, anything, other than sit around. His chain mail clinked as his mace and chain bumped against it. Soon he would taste blood, he knew it!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Willow had everything packed. Minor surgical tools, medical pamphlets, and a few other things. His Dirk was sheathed on his belt. He had on his long thick tunic, and he put on his hide boots.
He ran out the front door to the lawns. He saw Abbess Rosemary, Arya, Aggril, and two strangers. He didn't like strangers. "Stranger means Danger." His mother always told him. But right now, he didn't care. Today was a good day.

He strolled up to the group. "Uh, Hello! Um, may I... Assist with anything?"
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Ungatt Trunn

Aggril turned at the sound of Willow's voice. "Oh, hi, Willow. Might I introduce you to Falco and Reven. They've come to stay a day or two at the Abbey."

Life is too short to rush through it.

Norham Waterpaw

"Oh, well, I'm pleased to meet you both!" He said with a smile. He turned to Aggril.
"Whenever you're ready, let's go."