News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Ribbajack

Started by Matthias720, July 26, 2011, 03:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read this one yet. Who here has read it, and is it good?

Nightfire

It's really good, but it's creepy. Scary, even. I think Mr. Jacques wrote it on Halloween, or something!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

BJ wrote something scary? :o I must have this, must have this, must have this...! How is it scary? Is it like thriller scary or horror scary?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

I've read a bit, it really is pretty scary. I didn't finish it though, it used big words that at the time I had no idea what they meant! I'll read it again though, sometime...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

It's scary. If you want the details, read it yourself. It's kinda of both thriller and horror combined, I guess. It's actually a collection of short stories written by Mr. Jacques. I really liked it, but I had nightmares after reading about the Ribbajack itself.  :o It's really quite a shocker. I think you'd like it. He also wrote another book along the same lines, called "Seven Strange and Ghostly Tales." It wasn't nearly as scary though. And I finished it in an hour.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

What a talented man, being able to write such charming kids' books and something truly scary as well. I must have this book now. Must. Have. It.
But since I've never actually read it, I'll leave the thread now. ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Nightfire

Everyone! Get the Ribbajack and read it!!!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah juzt ordered it, zae it zhould be comin' any day na'.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Mad Maudie

OK i get nightmares often ill wait thanks
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

brocka

Great stuff, the Ribbajack. It also contains a few other goodies about various topics. Some are amusing and one is about an animal hero. Read Miggy Mags and The Malabar Sailor. Justice is served at the paws of a brave critter. Enjoy.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

The one aboat werewolves was more intereztin' than zcary.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

I loved the one with the Malabar Sailor!!! Mongooses are so cute!

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah wizh tha' ah could be a werewolf. Tiz nay fair...

Mad Maudie

no never want to be a ware wolf it may come true ohoooooooooooooowoooooooooooo just kiddin
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~