News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Graves.

Started by Matthias Martin, December 18, 2011, 12:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

That or he just wanted something dramatic to happen at Redwall Abbey because all the excitement was at Sampetra  :P

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

SilentSam

I would think that Redwallers were buried at the church, or there was somehow some random graveyard that was never mentioned, but I doubt that there was a graveyard that was never mentioned.
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Delthion

But don't forget where they buried the Galloper in Rakkety Tam, forget his name but he had a twin sister. I really need to read this series again.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Nadaz, voice of the host

where in the abbey grounds did they bury rollo's mom and the friar in mattimeo? I know it was in the abbey but I don't think they said where.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Skarzs

Yeah, I don't remember either.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

Most abbeys have a cemetery, so logically they were buried in one.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Lots of characters were buried under a tree. Or on a hill, or in a garden, or near a lake, or...you get the idea. In weird places they thought the dead creature would like to have been or did like in their lifetime.

Sanddunes

I wander if anyone does cremation now the woodlanders would most like burn the Vermin bodies after a battle

Ashleg

I thought they threw them in one giant pit and covered it.

DelenatheWanderer

Has anyone thought about how many are buried on the Abby grounds? How many Dibbuns do you think have asked "Oi, Muver Abbess, marm, who's buried under that tree?"
Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

Ashleg

What if Redwall is like Paris with the catacombs, and it is structurally atop a massive graveyard.

Krantor the Brutal

Like where Martin's tomb is?
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Wylder Treejumper

Well, with the cellars, and the tunnels from Doomwyte, and the remains of Castle Kotir, I doubt there is enough room for any catacombs. As a matter of fact, there is enough underground that I am surprised Redwall is structurally sound- it must have had an incredible amount of foundation work done. Moles do know their trade, though.

I think it's more likely that beasts which die in Redwall are buried out in the forest, or in a miscellaneous natural setting, than in a grave. Redwallers have a much more naturalistic lifestyle, so I think the idea of "returning them to nature" is reasonable for the setting (and I think it happens several times throughout the series). This would explain why Redwall has no graveyard.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.