Who wants redwall books by another author

Started by daskar666, June 28, 2011, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Kitsune

I wouldn't be against it, but... it just wouldn't be Redwall.It might be good, but in a different way.

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 15, 2012, 05:41:49 PM
Quote from: AxeHound on December 14, 2012, 11:52:46 PM
Pretty bad, depending on the author.
Not all authors are that bad.
i think garry kilworth would do well his writing style is awesome and i seriosly think some of the fanfic creators have a good chance of continuing brians work

AxeHound

I don't know what you guys think, but I wouldn't read Redwall books by a different author.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Dylan Reguba

I don't know about more Redwall books, but I'd sure love to read a biography of the writer. What I know about Jacques' life is gleaned from all different sources, many of them on the web.

Honestly, I don't want to see Redwall go the way of Star Wars- with the new owners being allowed to do whatever they like, despite what the original author(s) already wrote. (What, now Han and Leia's marriage never happened? Now Martin actually had a son he never told anyone about? No thank you.)

I have to agree that more (overt) romance would spoil this series. I've always respected the way Brian kept it away from center stage, merely informing you in the epilogue that, say, Matthias and Cornflower had a baby (why one, though, knowing the way mice are in real life?) It just isn't Redwall if we see characters kissing and cuddling the way they do in modern films.

I have my own work to get on with, so I definitely wouldn't want to continue the series. Besides, I'm an American and it wouldn't be the same if I were obliged to write about European flora, fauna and locations.

Okay, here's my parting thought. I would like to hear more about certain subjects, such as Loamhedge and Noonvale, but not from a different writer.
"I am called Reguba, as was my father before me. When danger threatens and you have to face the foebeast, then you will know you are Reguba, bravest of the brave!"
Rusvul

Blaggut

I would like it if the author religiously read every Redwall book five times, studied hard to copy his writing style, and write multiple essays on each book, THEN wrote the series. Maybe then it would be Redwall-esque enough.
~Just a soft space boi~

Eulaliaaa!

If a different author continued the Redwall series, I would have to read it. Though I would complain and criticize it the entire time because it wouldn't be the same :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Ashleg

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on November 02, 2015, 01:18:30 PM
If a different author continued the Redwall series, I would have to read it. Though I would complain and criticize it the entire time because it wouldn't be the same :P
Same. ;) :P

Vilu Daskar

I'd be fine if another author wrote a series that was supposed to be part of Redwall with all new characters and many years after The Rogue Crew.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jewel Thief

I personally would gladly welcome a continuation of the Series.
But only if they were written by Brian Jacques' fans.
Not some company like Soma Games that's immediately trying to cash in with what looks like garbage now that Mr. Jacques has gone to Dark Forest.
And nothing as destructive as Nelvana and it's whole "Aagh, violence and difficult themes! Change everything to save our children!" view of Redwall.

Personally, I find that there are many Fanfiction writers who could very wonderfully pull off a continuation.
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?