Funniest Redwall moment

Started by Captain Tammo, July 01, 2011, 01:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

whats the funniest moment you've ever read (or watched) in the series?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

Having just reread Outcast, this is the moment that first came to mind for me (and this probably reveals a lot about me ;)):

Quote from: Excerpt from Outcast of Redwall, by Brian JacquesBryony stopped throwing the berries and stamped her foot-paw on the bank, looking sternly at the grinning little bank-vole. "Don't say such awful things!"

This seemed to encourage the tiny creature; he leapt in the air, waving his paws wildly. "Ferret smashed inta likkle bits! Yeeheehee! Lotsa bits! 'Had one place, paws anuther, fur everywhere, tail inna nundred bits. Smashed ferret! Yeehee-heehee!"

This probably isn't *the* funniest moment, but it's a moment, definitely.
« Subject to editing »

Tiria Wildlough

My favourite bit has to be in Marlfox, where Cregga dumps Florian into the actor's cart and kicks it away in the direction of Redwall. Hahaha!
Or it might be when Gonff pulls faces at Tsarmina in Mossflower.  :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 01, 2011, 01:36:05 AM
Having just reread Outcast, this is the moment that first came to mind for me (and this probably reveals a lot about me ;)):

Quote from: Excerpt from Outcast of Redwall, by Brian JacquesBryony stopped throwing the berries and stamped her foot-paw on the bank, looking sternly at the grinning little bank-vole. "Don't say such awful things!"

This seemed to encourage the tiny creature; he leapt in the air, waving his paws wildly. "Ferret smashed inta likkle bits! Yeeheehee! Lotsa bits! 'Had one place, paws anuther, fur everywhere, tail inna nundred bits. Smashed ferret! Yeehee-heehee!"

This probably isn't *the* funniest moment, but it's a moment, definitely.
Smashed ferret! yeeheehee!
Good one. I also like when Lonna Bowstripe goes out and shouts, 'My name is Lonna Bowstripe! I eat rats!' OK, maybe that's not funny, but I think it is.
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

"Tanzee panzee toogle do... Boo!"
Love that whole chapter. The Pearls of Lutra, if you were wondering. I love any moments with Dibbuns, like DAB.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

I'm currently rereading Triss, and I found this little gem.

Quote from: Triss by Brian Jacques
Shogg interrupted, asking and answering his own questions. "Ahoy there, Welfo, me ole mate, 'ow are ye?" "Oh, Shogg, I'm fine, I'm much better, thank you!" "Ho that's nice, now you git yoreself well, missie, an' eat lots o' good vittles." "Oh, I will. Thank you for coming to see me!" "Aye, an' thank ye for chattin' t'me, mate. Nice talkin' t'ye!"

Best one-sided conversation ever!

martins#1fan

There's alot of funny moments I can't say which is the funniest.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Osu

Another for Shogg's onesided conversation with Welfo! :D

Oh, oh, I love Mariel's first meeting with Tarquin! The hares are hilarious, but I must say, Tarkers took the cake in that one.

And let's not forget Bosie's ode to Brother Torilis!
QuoteOch, were ye no a babby once,
ye hairy auld yahoo?
Ah'll bet yore kindfolk got a fright
when they set eyes on you.
BFF's from the very first. :') ....or not.

OH! And all of Horty's songs in Loamhedge! And....! And I'll stop there.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

Hahaha I like when tira meets major frunk (at least I think it's major frunk...  Whoever "The fool of the sea" is) and she tries to figure out his different personalities  ;D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Captain Tammo

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I forget which book tis, but a character starts dancing with a crab.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

GeminyaTome

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 02, 2011, 06:31:38 PM
I forget which book tis, but a character starts dancing with a crab.
It is from Mossflower and Gonff dances with the crab.  It also happens in Legend of Luke, I think.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Captain Tammo

I think it's in The Legend of Luke before they meet the "ghosts". I don't remember it in Mossflower though

Redwall Musician

I think when Dotti sings it is hilarious. Brocktree and everyone else runs and hides, but Southpaw and Bobweave stay, cheer, and praise her.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

I was just watching Redwall on YouTube, and I like it when Basil and Jess tease the vermin. I really laughed, and my sister asked, 'What is it?'
:D
I'm not a hipster.