News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Funniest Redwall moment

Started by Captain Tammo, July 01, 2011, 01:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 03, 2011, 09:31:58 AM
I was just watching Redwall on YouTube, and I like it when Basil and Jess tease the vermin. I really laughed, and my sister asked, 'What is it?'
:D
Cluny: Get that rabbit! I want his head!
Basil: What? Your own head not good enough?

Captain Tammo

What book was it where there was that hare with the name that just went on and on and on and on etc. I always thought he was really funny because other beasts would get sooooooo annoyed. Does anybody know what book that was?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 03, 2011, 04:13:50 PM
I was just watching Redwall on YouTube, and I like it when Basil and Jess tease the vermin. I really laughed, and my sister asked, 'What is it?'
That was the point where I really laughed.
Too, I like it when Clecky lays down on the ice and says 'Haaaaaawm Clecky, that's me chaps, Haaaawm Clecky!'
(I might have said that before somewhere...)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 03, 2011, 04:13:50 PM

Oh yes. Me and my siblings really love Basil for things like that. He was so funny!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

Yes, Basil! He's one of my absolute favorites. While we're on Redwall, the scene where Matthias first meets the shrews is hilarious, in my opinion. All that arguing. :'D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Matthias720

Quote from: Osu on July 04, 2011, 05:26:30 PM
Yes, Basil! He's one of my absolute favorites. While we're on Redwall, the scene where Matthias first meets the shrews is hilarious, in my opinion. All that arguing. :'D
I'm not charging because you said charge. XD

Lily

I'm re-reading Martin the Warrior at the moment, and I came across something that made me laugh out loud when I first read it.

Quote from: Martin the Warrior chapter 10A halfeaten mushroom pastie was flung from the lean-to and struck Felldoh squarely between his ears. The pastie was followed by a hare, who dived on it, jumping on Felldoh's head in the process. "Bad form that, chuckin' a chap's supper about, Rowan. Hey there! There's a bally squirrel here, tryin' to use me pastie as a hat!"

It gets me every time. ;D

AbbotPlumble

In Mattimeo, basically anything to do with Baby Rollo.  When he sings, copies the moles, or just gets into general trouble, I must have bust out laughing everytime.

The Lady Shael

I know there's been a ton of funny moments for me, but I know I always burst out laughing during Legend of Luke when Gonff started dancing with the crab.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

AbbotPlumble

Hehe yes!  That was a good one Lady Shael!  Gonff was always making me laugh as well.

DanielofRedwall

From the Taggerung:

Ho welcome to the feast, you beast,
I hopes you trip and fall.
I've got a fat grandpa, ha ha ha,
Who'll prob'ly eat it all.
The lark defends his feathery chest,
The sun has sunk into his vest,
If he don't bathe before too long,
There'll be an awful pong...

Love that part, and how his grandpa thought he was talented and didn't realise he was singing about him!

Received mostly negative reviews.

sabretache5611

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 04, 2011, 02:25:40 AM
What book was it where there was that hare with the name that just went on and on and on and on etc. I always thought he was really funny because other beasts would get sooooooo annoyed. Does anybody know what book that was?

The hare was from Outcast of Redwall, his name was Jodd, thats the short version, DO NOT make me try to say his full name.  he eventually got married, i wonder if his wife ever found out about his long name?
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

sabretache5611

My funniest moment, (or the one i can remember the most) was when Clecky from Pearls of Lutra was singing that song (somthing about a very large food fight) at the Ruddaring Holt while Viola and someone else were shooting peas a him and Clecky ended up blaming the shrew sons of LogaLog.  that was just hilarious.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 06, 2011, 08:16:46 AM
My funniest moment, (or the one i can remember the most) was when Clecky from Pearls of Lutra was singing that song (somthing about a very large food fight) at the Ruddaring Holt while Viola and someone else were shooting peas a him and Clecky ended up blaming the shrew sons of LogaLog.  that was just hilarious.

YES!!!!! I love that part I burst out laughing when I read it!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 06, 2011, 05:25:37 AM
From the Taggerung:

Ho welcome to the feast, you beast,
I hopes you trip and fall.
I've got a fat grandpa, ha ha ha,
Who'll prob'ly eat it all.
The lark defends his feathery chest,
The sun has sunk into his vest,
If he don't bathe before too long,
There'll be an awful pong...

Love that part, and how his grandpa thought he was talented and didn't realise he was singing about him!

I like that one too. I copied it out for my mum.  :D :D :D :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.