News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Funniest Redwall moment

Started by Captain Tammo, July 01, 2011, 01:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

I like at the end of rakkety tam when a story is told about a hare at salamandastron that had dust on his sword, so the drill Sargent told him to shine it until he could see his face in it. Later that night, a captain was walking along the beach on the way to his bed when he saw the hare still shining his blade. When he stopped to complement on his sword and ask if he was going to go to sleep, the hare replied that he can't stop until he sees the sergeant's face in his blade. But he couldn't find it ;D

Love that story
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

daskar666

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 06, 2011, 05:25:37 AM
From the Taggerung:

Ho welcome to the feast, you beast,
I hopes you trip and fall.
I've got a fat grandpa, ha ha ha,
Who'll prob'ly eat it all.
The lark defends his feathery chest,
The sun has sunk into his vest,
If he don't bathe before too long,
There'll be an awful pong...

Love that part, and how his grandpa thought he was talented and didn't realise he was singing about him!

Probably this.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 06, 2011, 05:25:37 AM

Love that part, and how his grandpa thought he was talented and didn't realise he was singing about him!

His grandfather was the one who said he had great talent, in defence to Boorab the Fool's dislike of the display.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Log-a-Log

Basil getting a piece of celery in his ear at the feast at the beginning of Mattimeo is pretty funny
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Icefire

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 03, 2011, 04:13:50 PM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 03, 2011, 09:31:58 AM
I was just watching Redwall on YouTube, and I like it when Basil and Jess tease the vermin. I really laughed, and my sister asked, 'What is it?'
:D
Cluny: Get that rabbit! I want his head!
Basil: What? Your own head not good enough?
That was from the movie? That explains why I couldn't remember the quote when my friend said it to me!
One of my family's favorites is at the end of Outcast of Redwall:
Rillbrook: "Watch now, I'll show you something my father showed me, just as his father showed him..."
Burrbob: "An' his father showed him, just as his Aunt Thingummy showed him an'..."

We quote that one all the time! There are so many other funny parts I could be here a long time trying to list them all, but that previously mentioned scene in Pearls of Lutra cracks me up every time!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Actually, it's the following, which a few words possible wrong,:
"My name is Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, my grandsire's name was Rillbrook the Wanderer..."
"And I suppose his grand aunt's name was Rillbrook the Thingummy."
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 13, 2011, 01:43:34 AM
Actually, it's the following, which a few words possible wrong,:
"My name is Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, my grandsire's name was Rillbrook the Wanderer..."
"And I suppose his grand aunt's name was Rillbrook the Thingummy."

Aunty Bangtail. LOL!
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

Little Burrbob was hilarious. I always grin when I read about Rillbrook getting the leverets to treat him like a proper guest by complaining. Cute.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Log-a-Log

Gonff pretending he was riding a cloud, then being captured by the Kotir vermin was hilarious
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 15, 2011, 09:22:37 PM
Gonff pretending he was riding a cloud, then being captured by the Kotir vermin was hilarious

That's why I like Gonff. Tomorrow he's going to be my favorite.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Gonff

I often have different favorites every day depending on what book I'm reading but Gonff has been one favorite that is always one of my favorites. (If that makes any sense.)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Osu

Have we mentioned Dotti's corrections on the spelling and drawing skills of Ruff during Lord Brocktree? ROFL

I've been flipping through Legend of Luke recently, it's a pretty serious book..
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Scragg the Weasel

Thrugg cleaning the stoats Dingeye and Thura is funny, Plus you have to admire vermin stupidity such as; when Vilu tries to make a joke about the ship Sayna but the vermin just dont get it.
Where do I sign?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

What about when Thrugg returned home with the icetor flowers in Salamandastron and got chased around by his sister?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Log-a-Log

Blaggut and Slipp make a funny vermin pair