News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Redwaller, June 02, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Anybody knows about/plays it?

It looks SO awesome!!!

WoodlandWarrior

I love this game.  I have played through it and its expansions several times!  I generally play a Nord warrior, Imperial warrior, or Khajit Thief.

I love the Elder Scrolls series and have been playing them since its creation back in the early 90s with Arena.  Such a great series...though I am not excited about the Elder Scrolls MMO.  Howard always assured us it would be single player focused but another off shoot of the company decided to craft an MMO. Blah!
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Rainshadow

I HEARD about Skyrim, looked into it and got really excited about it, even to the point of seriously considering to buy it, but then I found out that it was rated M.  I generally tend to stay with T, not because I can't handle M (I seriously could), but because I don't ENJOY handling it.  So I would love to play the game, but I'm still rather wary of that fact.  Though, I didn't really hear why it was rated M.  Would anyone care to explain that?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

WoodlandWarrior

It is only rated M because of the violent combat, small amount of swearing and perhaps having alcohol and marriage in the game.  However, I think the rating is a little silly...there is not much mature content within (No nudity or graphic sexual content). It is certainly not the of the same caliber of mature content as say Grand Theft Auto. It is a pretty straightforward fantasy game with a gripping story line.  I highly recommend it.
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Buzz_Bumble

I've never played it, but I know someone who does on Xbox 360.

The company making it recently announced that they no longer going to be releasing any more Elder Scrolls downloadable content.

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 03, 2013, 05:02:35 AM
I've never played it, but I know someone who does on Xbox 360.

The company making it recently announced that they no longer going to be releasing any more Elder Scrolls downloadable content.

They released a few DLC expansions, three in total.  One introducing a whole order dedicated to fighting vampires (with vampire/werewolf characteristics redone and improved), an expansion taking you back to Morrowind, and an expansion allowing you to build a house from the ground up.  While the number of dlc additions are few, the content is greater! 

Oblivion, the last game, had about 8 or so dlc expansions but many were short.  Bethesda is releasing the legendary edition pretty soon for the xbox 360 which includes everything....very much worth it. 

If you loved Morrowind, the Dragonborn expansion is a nice throwback to that game.

Rusvul

Hmmm... The theme of the game certainly interests me, but I prefer to stay with nonviolent games. In games, blood can be avoided, so I see no reason for it to be in games. As a general rule, if it's graphic/gory/disgusting/boring, I don't play it. IF Skyrim was clear of blood and (Not completely, but somewhat) creepiness, I would try it out. :P.

Redwaller

It doesn't have that much blood in it.

I'm considering buying it, but not sure yet.

And has anyone saw the official Gameplay Trailer? It gives me shivers to listen to it.(the good kind of shivers.)

Redwaller

In three weeks time I'll be playing Skyrim!

phoenixfoden

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 03, 2013, 12:22:03 PM
Hmmm... The theme of the game certainly interests me, but I prefer to stay with nonviolent games. In games, blood can be avoided, so I see no reason for it to be in games. As a general rule, if it's graphic/gory/disgusting/boring, I don't play it. IF Skyrim was clear of blood and (Not completely, but somewhat) creepiness, I would try it out. :P.
you would probly like the fable series,hardly any blood but creepy at times but it also has peaceful areas where you can raise a family of your own
i havent played skyrim but ive heard good things about it

WoodlandWarrior

I think you will definitely enjoy Skyrim!  Phoenix is right about Fable.  It is a great series, very fun and light hearted but very good.

phoenixfoden

Quote from: WoodlandWarrior on June 10, 2013, 03:14:51 AM
I think you will definitely enjoy Skyrim!  Phoenix is right about Fable.  It is a great series, very fun and light hearted but very good.
they are making a remake of the first fable! Cant wait!

Redwaller

Quote from: WoodlandWarrior on June 10, 2013, 03:14:51 AM
I think you will definitely enjoy Skyrim!
With what I've seen of it, I probably will!

Redwaller

In less than a week I'll be playing!!!

phoenixfoden