News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Redwaller, June 02, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: Redwaller on July 02, 2013, 12:32:59 PM
I'm eager to see the dragons! I did Bleak Falls Barrow(actually twice because I didn't finish the quest entirely), but no dragon attacked me. I want to kill one so I can use my first shout!  :)

Sooooon! :o  Cannot wait to hear your reaction!
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Dawnwing

I was at a friend's today and he was playing it.  He'd started a new character and was going through Bleak Falls Barrow... where he found Meridia's Beacon.  Talk about luck.

Redwaller

What's Meridia's Beacon? A weapon?

And I'll be updating either today or tomorrow on where I am now.

Dawnwing

It's a quest item for one of the Daedric Prince quests, basically looks like a rough gray orb.  You find it in a chest in a random dungeon (and there's over 100 possible places) and once you find it, it begins a quest.  I got it relatively early on.  Some people search for ages and ages before finding it.

Redwaller

Cool.

I finally killed my first dragon! Now I can shout! I killed it at the Western Tower of Whiterun.

I'm now level 13, and have joined the Companions. But if I wan to be assassin, should I join another group?

Dawnwing

You can join any group you want, whenever you want.  The Dark Brotherhood is the assassin's group.  You can finish the Companions first, leave it alone and do the Dark Brotherhood's questline and come back to it later, whatever you wish.

Rusvul

Quote from: Redwaller on July 05, 2013, 11:22:32 PM
Cool.

I finally killed my first dragon! Now I can shout! I killed it at the Western Tower of Whiterun.

I'm now level 13, and have joined the Companions. But if I wan to be assassin, should I join another group?
FUS RO DAH!

Ahem! Get away, Luvvy, we're not fooled. We all know you don't play Skyrim. You watched thirty seconds of a video of it that one time, that's the only way you know that shout. Same as me. Go away, and stop impersonating me.

Redwaller

The game is even better than I thought!

I killed two Trolls recently, and saw another dragon which I didn't kill.  :(

I bought my house in Whiterun, but now I can't go without getting attacked.

Here's what happened: To join the Companions, I had to go get a Fragment. To get it, I had to be accompanied by someone, thus sending my helper back to Riverwood(It was Sven). So I finished my quest, and went to get my helper, who had most of my stuff, but he didn't want to join me again. So I killed him, putting a bounty of 1000 in Whiterun. So now I have to go to my home on the run.

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Redwaller on July 06, 2013, 02:22:07 PM
The game is even better than I thought!

I killed two Trolls recently, and saw another dragon which I didn't kill.  :(

I bought my house in Whiterun, but now I can't go without getting attacked.

Here's what happened: To join the Companions, I had to go get a Fragment. To get it, I had to be accompanied by someone, thus sending my helper back to Riverwood(It was Sven). So I finished my quest, and went to get my helper, who had most of my stuff, but he didn't want to join me again. So I killed him, putting a bounty of 1000 in Whiterun. So now I have to go to my home on the run.
kill kill kill kill!!! Can you save anyone in this gane? :D

Redwaller

No. I'm gonna kill everyone!  :D

But I'm getting tired of fleeing, so I'm thinking of paying.

phoenixfoden

When i have the time ill give this game a go

Redwaller

You really should! Everybody who tried it will tell you that it is awesome! I love the randomness of this game, you can be fast traveling to a lost place, and suddenly a dragon attacks you.(That happened to me yesterday, but I had to get off before I finished killing it)

Dawnwing

You got the PC version, right, Redwaller?  Steam has a sale right now. 
That goes for anyone else who wants to buy the PC version - Skyrim and its three expansions are 30% off for the next week and a half.  (The Legendary Edition, which contains the base game and all three expansion packs, is 25% off and still cheaper than buying all four at 30%.)

If you want to buy them at this lower price but don't want to add them into the game yet (for example, Dawnguard introduces random vampire attacks at night in towns after you're about lv 10, and if you're that low a level it can be tricky to save people), when you click to play and it brings you to the menu with Play, Options, etc, click on Data Files and uncheck them.  Anything introduced in those expansion packs will not appear until you check them again. Note that once you play it with an expansion on,  you'll  have to have it on all the time in the future after that.

Redwaller

I've got the PC version, but don't have a Steam account. I'll have to talk to my dad about it, see if he's also interested.

I'm level 23.

Dawnwing

^ How is that possible?  I bought the PC version at a retail store, but it made me register and enter the code in Steam.

Anyway, I wouldn't jump on it immediately; they have "daily deals" and "flash sales" where they'll lower the price of something for a day or a couple of hours, respectively.  Since the Elder Scrolls series is popular, it'll probably be featured for one of those.  If it's getting to be like the day before the sale ends (sale ends July 22), then buy it at the regular sale price, but until then, keep an eye out to see if they get lower!