News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Get Set, Write! 1

Started by rachel25, January 29, 2014, 05:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

I will be doing this!  Just been pretty busy with school and such, but I will be doing this!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

Excellent! The game has already officially started, so feel free to post your story whenever!  ;D

Jukka the Sling

Is this still going? 'Cause I kinda forgot about it, but hopefully I'll have my story up soon! :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Amarith Waterspring

I know it is late but can I join? 
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Tam and Martin

Alright here's my story:

Once upon a time, there was a legendary place called Redwall Abbey. This place got its name from its legendary Red sandstone walls. The rulers of this abbey were two people, Martin I and Martin II. Now, Martin I was way more popular than Martin II was and the second Martin didn't like that. So, one day, Martin II decided he needed to get rid of Martin I once and for all.

It was a fine day. The sunshine was shining and the grass was green. Martin I had decided to pack a picnic lunch and go to the hill outside the west wall of Redwall to eat lunch. Martin I finished his lunch quickly and then lay down for a quick nap in the sun.

Martin II though was not napping. He was thinking very urgently. He needed to kill Martin I to take his fame. So, Martin II decided to dress up so Martin I could not tell who he was. This is what he wore: A new, yellow, summer dress, a nightcap, and big boots. What Martin II did not have was a weapon so he brought with him a pencil. He grinned an evil smile as he walked up upon Martin I ready to murder.

When he came upon him though, he saw a vision with lots of blood that made him turn back and rethink the idea. Hopefully nothing else will happen to Martin!!!

There you go! Hope it's good!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jetthebinturong

Sounds interesting, is it too late to sign up?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

I'm afraid this topic died before it started sadly.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

It's late, I know, but I thought I might as well post my story anyway. :P

One late afternoon a young Dibbun squirrelmaid by the name of Crimbsy was playing with her dolls house. Several other Dibbuns were playing with a balloon, throwing it back and forth to each other. It was rather noisy in the playroom, and Crimbsy eventually got tired of it and wandered outside.

Up on the walltop she spotted the Abbey warrior Deyna. He was gazing out over the western flatlands. Even though she knew she wasn't allowed up on the wall, the little squirrelmaid climbed the stairs anyway and toddled over to the otter warrior.

Deyna looked down at her and a grin spread across his face, though he tried to hide it by speaking sternly. "What are you doing up here? You know you're not allowed!"

Crimbsy nodded, but answered, "I just wanna see over the wall. Can you pick me up?"

Deyna relented and picked her up so she could see over the wall. Crimbsy stared in awe. "What lives out there, Mista Deyna?"

"There's a mountain out there called Salamandastron, home of many great warriors. The current Badger Lord is called Russano. There have been many other rulers over the seasons - Cregga, Sunflash, Orlando, Urthwyte... the list goes on."

Crimbsy nodded seriously, then slid out of Deyna's grasp and hopskipped down the wallstairs. From the direction of the orchard, faint strains of music drifted towards her on the evening air. The Dibbun hurried over there as fast as she could.

Somebeast was playing a flute to entertain the little ones. After that, a Sister told a story of bygone seasons, of a ship called the Pearl Queen and the adventures her crew had on the ocean, including an encounter with a shark. Then a plate of candied chestnuts was passed around for the little ones.

Afterwards, Crimbsy and a gaggle of other Dibbuns were being shepherded to the dormitory for bed, when she hit her footpaw lightly on a small stone. She slipped it into her pocket.

That night she dreamed she was one of the crew of the Pearl Queen, bound for Southsward, where adventure waited.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

Jukka the Sling

;D Thanks! I liked yours too! :D

Tam and Martin

Amarith Waterspring

Nice stories, both of you!  ;)
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Tam and Martin

Jukka the Sling