A Winter to Freeze Your Heart part 2

Started by Unimaginative, February 10, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

Brokentooth was, for the first time since joining Grund's Horde, content. He had been spending most of his time since entering Redwall Abbey in the Cellars, slowly drinking his way through a barrel of October Ale. The Ermine had even found a small room towards the back of the cellars to live in. Despite having been in the Abbey a full season, the vermin horde was still finding traps left by the woodlanders, who had fled. He sighed, filling another mug of October Ale. Raising it in a cheer, he said "Long may we remain in this Abbey, and long may these barrels remain full."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Turan Lurie walked cheerfully down the path. He had heard of the Abbey that rose before him, but never visited it. News had not reached the wanderers ears that the Abbey was no longer a home for good beasts, but a place of vermin. Because of this, Turan Lurie had no reason to suspect anything as he knocked on the imposing gate of the Abbey.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Faiyloe

OOC: One question is it still winter?

BIC: Vatra sat alone in a tree it had been a full season since the fall of the abbey. That place had never been a home to her but she stayed for the sake of her friends. The wounds had healed long ago but she still bore the scars of that day. She climbed down from the tree as another creature came to release her from her watch. She acknowledged him with a nod of her head and headed back Brockhall they had found it soon after they fled and now all the survivors lived there in relative safety.     
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Unimaginative

OOC: No, as the season has passed. It is Spring.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

Arya was walking around Brockhall, thinking deeply about her lost family. She'd half forgotten them, but when they'd been forced to flee the Abbrey the past winter she'd fainted and that had brought it all back. She tripped over a tree root and fell flat on her face, and layed there a minute, then sat up, spitting out the earthy loam, then saw Vatra walking back from the Guard Tree, as she called it. She got up and went over. "Hey Vatra. It's a nice day, isn't it?"

OOC: Faiy, I'm guessing that they are true blue friends by now?
-------------------------

Bryant paused to look around, since he'd never really been in a forest before. That was how it was when you were born around Salamandastron. He was hoping to find Arya, since he'd heard the squirrelmaid he'd helped awhile back when she had started roaming around the dunes had moved back to the forest quite a few seasons back and roamed there. But this stupid forest is huge! She could be anywhere, and with my luck I'd get lost here forever wandering around trying to find her! He thought angrily, swiping at a big bramble with his sword. "What are you looking at, you poky thing!" He asked it, then scowled and started walking away from it.

rachel25

"More wine!!" Grund shouted. He had already had far too much, but he didn't care.
Grund was enjoying life at the Abbey, he had all he wanted, and had to do very little. He just ordered Jantar to take care of many of the issues, that he demeaned unimportant. But there was that one thing, that one thorn in his side. The woodlanders, he had sent search parties out many times to go hunt them down. But they usually came back with half the numbers missing, and badly wounded. Sometimes they didn't come back at all.
A rather skinny mink ran over to where Grund was sitting, in Great Hall. He was carrying a goblet full to the brim with the finest October ale in the abbey. Grund snatched the goblet, and began to drain the cup.
---------------------------
Meanwhile, up in her room, Jantar sat at her desk. She was stressed, and it showed. No one in the horde had any clue how to farm, and they were going to run out of food, and drink soon. "Especially if that fat fool of a leader keeps scoffing it all!" She growled.
Jantar knew they had to go out, and catch some slaves, but whenever groups were sent out, they came back worse for wear, with no captives.
Jantar banged her head on the desk. If only she could do things her way, she always had to run them past Grund first, who always bent, stretched, and changed them. Just to show he was in charge. Jantar banged her head on the desk a second time.
----------------------
Zanga sat in his little room, in Brockhall. He liked Brockhall, in fact it was the place where he had eventually been able to get up, and walk in, after his terrible injury. 
His wound had cleared up, but there was still a dreadful scar. And it sometimes ached, mainly when it rained.
Zanga was sat on his bed, cross-legged. He then heard the sound of a hand bell being rung. Lunchtime.
Zanga swung his legs off the bed, then stood up, and left his room. He walked down the hallway towards the dinning room, being over taken by a few rowdy dibbuns.       

Faiyloe

OOC: @ Corn yup.

BIC: Vatra saw Arya "I suppose," She said then she heard the sound of the lunch bell. "We should go eat," She said ever since they left the abbey she had been doing a lot better she got along with others readily and participated often giving her two cents about things and she always wore martins sword. She had come along way from the confused broken creature she had been but she still had relapses. She would loss her temper every now and again and then she would go quite for days brooding by her self. Today was one of her good days though.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Seance? She's psychic? :o I think you mean, "Cents", right?

BIC: Arya nodded, smniled, then said, "Race you!" She took off running, not waiting to hear Vatra's answer.

----------

Bryant perked his ears up, he thought he heard someone saying, "Race you!" HE jogged over to where he heard it and stood, shellshocked. Arya was running toward him, and there was another pretty squirrelmaid behind her. "Arya?" He said, not realizing he said it for a moment until she stopped, confused. Arya tensed at the sound of her name, softly spoken. Then she saw the albino squirrel standing a ways to her right. "Who's" She began, then, "Bryant? What are you doing here?" She started walking over to him, and gave him a hug.

Faiyloe

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yes, especially when you type in a word you KNOW is miss spelled, and don't know how to spell it right, and the right spelling isn't there...GRR!!

BIC: Arya stepped back from Bryant, looking him over. "Well, you haven't changed much. Oh, I have such bad manners! Vatra, Bryant. Bryant, this is my good friend Vatra! Bryant helped me one time when I was lost in the dunes by Salamandastron." She said, introducing the two.

---------------------- 

Bryant rasped out, "Hi." He couldn't believe his luck that Arya was a good friend s with the pretty squirrelmaid.

Faiyloe

Vatra ran after Arya "You...!" she yelled after her not finishing her sentence cause at that moment she saw a albino squirrel whom she had never seen before.  Arya introduced him and She reached out to shake his paw. "Nice to meet you,"

Cornflower MM

"Well, how about we go to Brockhall for lunch?" Arya chirped, oblivious to Bryant's obvious tension. She linked her arms through Vatra's and Bryant's and set off (That okay, Faiy? Gotta go, so I'll post more tomorrow!)

Faiyloe

OOC: Fine With me.

BIC: Vatra linked arms along with her and went with them to lunch. It it bugged Vatra some times how optimistic Arya could be but then again she knew she was a hopeless pessimist. They made a good pair. She thought sarcastically but in reality they did.

OOC: I had an idea could Vatra and Arya be a kind of teem that goes on regular raids and things in the woods together.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Uhh, how did the vermin get through the cave in? The Cellars were the specific target, and why would it be Spring? Now we have like, no hope for a counter attack.  :(
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

rachel25

OOC: They spent the winter digging it out, and it's Spring, cos that's what Han said.

BIC: Zanga walked into the dinning room, and found an empty chair. He sat down, and began a conversation with the mole, and mouse either side of him.
----------------------
Jantar was walking around the grounds of Redwall Abbey. She looked at the horde gorging themselves on the fruit from the orchard.
She felt her hackles rise, they had all become soft. She had to do something if they were to keep Redwall Abbey. At this rate the woodlanders would just have to wait for them to stave, and then leave. No she would not let that happen! Even if she had to kill Grund she woul..that was it! If she lead the horde, then she could do everything her way! But it wouldn't be easy, one she'd have to get the horde to follow her, and Grund was not as stupid as he looked. She better start planning.
-----------------------
Grund was planning himself, how to capture the woodlanders. He had told some of the horde to go, and make big cages out of wood, and some others to go find ropes, lots of ropes.

Faiyloe

Vatra let go of Arya's arm and opened the door at the base of the tree and started down the stairs. when she entered the dining hall she slipped into a seat next to Ervoyce.

OOC: If he is not sitting down I can change that.