News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Winter to Freeze Your Heart part 2

Started by Unimaginative, February 10, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

OOC: Yes of course! I have been thinking off getting this started again.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

OOC: YAY! Now, let's see. Where were we?

BIC: As Arya sat by Zanga's grave, she touched the headstone and sighed. "You were my best friend, Zanga. Yet, now I realize I've been clinging to you too hard. It's time to say good-bye - I will see you again someday." Standing up, Arya turned to walk away, drawing a paw across her eyes.

Dannflower Reguba

Roughly an hour later, Ervoyce returned with a decent sized clump of herbs and whatever else you could describe the vegetation with. He made his way to the kitchen, albeit slowly. Vatra was nowhere to be found, so he started the soup before looking for one of the otters to get some hotroot from.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Vatra came up from the pantry with a bowl full of various berries and returned to the kitchen where she began to mix a dough in a separate bowl. A small contented smile spread across her face. Something so simple as cooking. The warrior was cooking, a peaceful act if ever there was one, right before the big battle. It was do or die this time and she knew it. She started to hum a song.  

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce got back just as Vatra started to hum. It reminded him of a song he hadn't heard for years, but remembered perfectly. After losing himself in nostalgia for a moment, he sang.

"When the darkness closes in
and all light flees from my sight
when all hope seems lost, bound never to return.

That's when I'll remember
all the memories we made
then with joy and gladness, singing I rejoice

Rejoice! Rejoice!
I swear that I'll rejoice.
consumed by smile and laughter I'll rejoice
Rejoice! Rejoice!
Feel free to join right in
Because with happiness and love, I will rejoice."

OOC: I'm singing this to the tune of, "By and By," in case the words don't seem to make lyrical sense.  ;)

Faiyloe

Vatra smiled and sighed. "I wish things could be like this more often," She said wiping her flower covered paws on her apron. "But it can't be. Not until the abbey is free,"

Cornflower MM

Wandering around Brockhall in an attempt to just do something that didn't concern the Abbey defenses, Arya peeped into the kitchen. She watched Vatra and Ervoyce for a moment, then started walking in the general direction of her room. They seem very happy these days. . . I'm glad that they've finally woken up to the truth. The squirrel reflected as she turned a corner, then ran slap-bang into some beast. "Oh! I'm sorry, I should have been watching where I was going." Arya apologized, looking at the floor as she blushed. "Er, it's fine." Ushen muttered. He, too, had been caught up in his own thoughts.

BrookSkimmer

Cornflower MM

Dannflower Reguba

There it was, the red-hued stones of the Abbey. They were hardly visible in the early morning light, or lack thereof. Ervoyce took a last glance from the top of a towering Oak before resigning himself to the fact that blood would certainly be shed on both sides. He struggled to keep his stoic expression, with the majority of his preference being to sit down and weep over the horrific event that was about to take place, "So many lives, so many beasts, so many families, so much carnage." The squirrel closed his eyes and steeled himself, "So much war."

A cloud of dust spewed out under Ervoyce's weight as he dropped from the low branches of the tree. Before him lay the operation that would take back the Abbey, or die trying. Stepping forward he whispered to the Torrent's badger leader, and Log-a-Log, who promptly summoned their beasts as Ervoyce did likewise, "Redwallers! Form up! This will be the last briefing before the attack on the Abbey! Chaos ensued for the next twenty seconds as everybeast situated themselves. After taking a quick survey of those gathered, the dark-furred squirrel nodded before beginning, "Warriors, Allies.... Friends...... Family. Each of us has their own reason to stand up and fight, something worth the cost. I'm not going to paint a picture of sunshine and rainbows, as much as I wish I could. Some of us will die on the field today, for all I know, all of us... Even so, we have no choice because peace is forged by the war that precedes it, further ensured by the blood that seals it. This is war, and it's one we cannot afford to lose." He let his arm rest on the hilt of the dark blade he wielded before he bothered to finish, "You have all been given your assignments, are there any questions?"

OOC: I'll go through the plan in the OOC, also, got some PM'ing to do to sort out some kinks.

Faiyloe

Vatra stood, The sword of Martin in her paws. She was surprisingly calm. She was ready for this. Ervoyance's speech only made her strengthen her resolve. This could end in only one way, In death, and she was ready for it. She would face Jauntar, and this time she would succeed.

rachel25

Ushen took a deep breath and gripped the hilt of his sword, if nothing more than to hide the fact that he was shaking. He was afraid, he couldn't help it. He tried to avoid conflict as much as possible and now he found himself in the middle of a war.

Raphael sighed and rolled his eyes. These cursed woodlanders! From his vantage point on top of the wall he began organising his troops. Archers and slingers on top of the wall and infantry down in front of the gates, ready to barricade them, and if anyone got through, to kill them.
Jantar was in her room, casting her runes and chanting. She was burning green leaves in a metal pot and casting powders in.
"Who will stand victorious on the field of battle this day ancient spirits? Guide us in this coming fight! Wither the hearts of the woodlanders and allow our troops to crush them!"

Cornflower MM

OOC: Okay, sorry, but which group are Arya and Bryant in? The Redwallers?

BIC: Arya, standing next to Ushen, was feeling strangely calm. Or perhaps not strangely - She didn't really care if she died. If she did, big whoop, if not. . . . Well, Arya'd take what she got. Glancing around at the group she'd come to call friends, or even in a few cases, family. Before she thought, Arya had raised her paw. "Permission to add something onto your little speech?"

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: ........ The Winter has been long and hard, but Rewall has persisted through, time-and-again. So to, shall this story live to see Spring in full bloom; So to, shall it find peace in its' completion as I will not allow this story to remain in its' sorry state.

@James Gryphon : I request that you restore this wonderful RP to it's proper place in the active RP thread. I ask this as it's replacement GM, and with full intent to see it through to the bitter end.

@Cornflower MM : You already know I'm doing this, but how could I possibly re-summon the cast without mentioning you?  ;) You have no idea how much I appreciate that you are still here, and willing to fight with me. Completing the story is going to be nothing short of a battle, but one I know we're up to the task of.

@rachel25 : I know you won't respond, that you're gone, but you fought to see this RP completed longer than most, this RP couldn't have been what it was without you, and I miss you dearly.

@Faiyloe :..... Vatra, you've been my favorite character in RP history to interact with, and the only one that I've actually attempted writing a romantic relationship with... It is at the brink of tears that I write this out, but for old times sake, I had to ask you, possibly for the last time, to come and join us for the last hurrah. I know in my head that you are also gone, but my heart screams in defiance... I miss you Faiy, God bless.

To everyone who has helped to make A Winter to Freeze your Heart the beloved memory that it is for me and for others, thank you. Thank you to the readers, despite that we may not know you were here. Thank you to Han Norwood, for bravely starting a beautiful RP. Thank you, to my friends, all of you who have written with me, laughed with me, cried with me, and forged onward with me.... Thank you for the pain of a fantastic RP come to be mired and cast aside. Because it was these two years of waiting, and all the anguish and joy combined that taught me the value this single story has to me..... I Love y'all a ton, and it is with a heavy heart that I prepare to leave some of you behind, lost, but never forgotten.

The show must go on.... even if it hurts