News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Winter to Freeze Your Heart part 2

Started by Unimaginative, February 10, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yeah, that sounds good Faiy! How about they have plans to go on a raid tonight? Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I can't exactly help a tree falling on my family's power line, can I? I'm still surprised it was fixed this quick! And Dan? They had the entire winter! And spring can have its advantages....Besides, the Redwallers need time to plan, and everything.

BIC: Arya smiled at the back of her friend and then looked at Bryant. "Well, this is Brockhall! C'mon, let's find a seat for lunch." She led him to a spot with two empty seats, and sat down, with her albino friend following suit. "Where's Abbess Russina? Oh, there she is!" She said, squirming in her seat  as the Mother Abbess came in, and recited the grace. Russina then sat down and started filling her plate, listening to the chatter.

OOC: Don't know any grace-thingies, so I'm pretending she said it. That OK?

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce glanced as Vatra took a seat next to him, and waited for the Abbess to say Grace... "I've caught wind of a rumor that you an Arya have some plans for tonight. Mind settling a poor beasts mind that I don't have to worry about you partaking in something so foolish?" Upon finishing his statement he looked at his friend out of the corners of his eyes and grinned mischievously.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

"Oh you know us its either bash some vermins heads together or we get antsy and you know what happens when I get antsy. Anyway we've done this before. You can come with us though if you wish," Vatra said filling up her plait. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Zanga who was still talking to his companies, was also eavesdropping on Vatra's conversation. He also noticed the new squirrel who came in with Arya. I wonder who that is, and Arya, and Vatra are going off again. And yet again, they haven't asked me to join them. Makes a beast feel special don't it.

OOC: Is that ok, you two?

BIC: Jantar was busy, causing disruption among the horde. She knew the kind of vermin who would follow her, so she went to them first. Then she went to the vermin who were solely loyal to her. And they all agreed it was time somebeast else was in charge. Someone who would lead them properly.
The seeds of Jantar's plan had been planted. And soon they would grow, until they were unstoppable.
------------------------------------------------------
Grund was planning a search of Mossflower, but this time, he would send one large group, not many smaller groups, which could be easily picked off. And at the same time, his traps would be set up, all over Mossflower, while the woodlanders were watching, and maybe attacking the search party. 
Just then Jantar walked into Great Hall. She made her way over to Grund's little corner of the large room. Over by the fancy tapestry thing.
Grund looked up as she approached, "Aww, I was just about to send for you. I'm planning a search for tonight, and at the same time my traps will be set up, while the Woodlanders are busy watching the search party.
Tell me Seer, are the omens in our favour?"
Jantar quickly took out some shells, and bones from her pouch. She then sat cross-legged on the floor, and cast the bones, and shells into the air. She studied how they fell, and at the same time began to spin a sparrow skull on a cord around her head. "The omens are good, they tell me you shall have a might victory tonight. Maybe even take some captives. But watch out for the riverdog. He shal----Agggggggg!" Jantar screamed, and leapt away from where she had been sitting, she dropped the sparrow skull, and began to roll around on the floor, screaming.
Grund jumped up from where he had been sitting, "What is it? What's wrong?!?"
Jantar managed to get control of herself, and looked up at Grund, "The warrior mouse, that hangs on the tapestry behind you, he clouds my visions. Then he showed me the fall of our hold on Redwall Abbey!"

Faiyloe

OOC: Fine  ;D one thing also Vatra and Arya have set up several traps of there own in the woods.  they need a name for themselves  ;D they can ware masks and things.

Vatra smiled "It is about time you came along anyway. you'll need a mask," She said taking some salad and a slice of bread. 

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoryce had been working on some soup while Vatra had been talking. When she mentioned a mask he stopped and reached under the table for a bundle. After scooting his food to the side he plopped it on table top, "Funny you should mention that, I had an idea about a week back and started gathering some materials. I've got a ton of the materials now, but they still need to be assembled." He got up from the table and took a step back, unraveling the mysterious package that appeared to just be a jumble of vegetation. As it unraveled, it quickly took shape. It was a long sleeved article of clothing, "I'm still working out some kinks with the lower half, boots, and hand guards. Despite this, it's coming along well, the top has a hood and veil that hide everything except the section where your eyes are. It breathes too, so you won't overheat, and the colors were taken straight from our forest, so we'll be next to invisible when standing still." The squirrel finished unrolling the construction, "Oh, and strong bark has been inserted into the chest area, as well as any of the more vital or useful areas which will protect against most ranged weapons, and provide a resistance to melee ones." He looked up, as he had been pointing from one spot to the next to demonstrate his words, "What do you think? I've been talking with some of the more skilled seamstresses and suchlike from the Abbey, and they should be able to crank them out if they can focus on them."

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

rachel25

Grund ran forward, and shook Jantar, "No it can't be true! I will not let the woodlanders have this abbey. It's mine, mine do you hear me? MINE!"
Jantar thought Grund might tear her apart, but then he dropped her to the ground again. "I will not let them have it. Even if I never leave it again, do you hear me?" He snarled.
------------------------
Zanga had eaten all he wanted to, and had excused himself.
He had gone back to his room, where he sat thinking about what the fox seer had shown him. What he had forgotten about his past.
Zanga had never known his parents, he had been brought up by bank voles. Who had found him as a toddler, by a river. They had searched for his family, but never found them. The voles assumed he had been abandoned, and had adopted him.
Zanga lay down on his back, and looked up at the ceiling. "It was him. I can see now, clearly. She made it look like I was watching it all happen again. That fox, his face. I swear it was the same fox who took the abbey."
He rolled, over onto his side, and before he knew it. He had fallen asleep.

Faiyloe

"Oh it's perfect!" Vatra said standing up and examining it.

Dannflower Reguba

"Once I finish with the other pieces, we should be able to get quite a few out quickly. Until then, I don't want this one used in the field, might as well keep them a surprise." He handed the thing out to Vatra in case she wanted to look at it more closely.

Faiyloe

She took it and looked it over front and back. "Splendid! Just splendid, you know your brilliant Ervoyce! perfectly brilliant," She said giving him a hug. "This is just what we need,"   She then just as quickly let go and st down "We can start planing after lunch," 

Unimaginative

Brokentooth gave a start at Jantar's screech. Running upstairs, he heard Grund shouting, and as he rounded the corner he watched the Fox attack his seer. Rather then stand in plain view while Grund was in such a rage, Brokentooth dashed behind the corner and listened.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

rachel25

Jantar quickly scurried out of kicking range, and then got up. Grund was still ranting, going on about how he would never leave the Abbey again.
That really hacked Jantar off, her plan had been to kill him maybe while he was out with a search party. So much for that plan.
-------------------------
Zanga was dreaming about that horrible night again, only this time, it was clearer than ever. He saw everything perfectly.

Zanga looked out from under a collapsed tent. Vermin were everywhere, otters too. The vermin were numerous, but the few otters left fought bravely.
He saw his father, battling hard against a huge, white, arctic fox. Zanga's father brought his sword up, and cut open the foxes chest. The big fox howled in pain, and Zanga's father was just about to finish him, when an arrow fired from behind, took Zanga's father through the throat.
Zanga jumped up from under the tent screaming, and running as fast as a baby in shock could, towards his father.
The big fox looked at him laughing, his wound forgotten. He was about to bring his sword down on the weeping infant, when Zanga's mother ran forward, and grabbed Zanga. She ran as fast as she could, away from the battle. All the time Zanga wailed. Then his mother, who was bleeding badly, collapsed. Zanga fell into some bushes, banging his head hard on the ground. When he next woke up, it was dark. He crawled out of the bushes, and over to his mother, she wasn't moving. "Don' wowy mummy. I get you water. Tha' be waking you up."
So off he wandered, he knew there was a stream somewhere in the area. He liked to go swimming in it, when his mother took him. But soon, his little legs got tired. But he wouldn't stop, "Mummy needs da water, so I must get it fast."
Soon he reached the stream, but was so tired he could no longer stand, and his head was hurting from where he had banged it.
He sat down, and soon his eyelids began to droop. And before he knew it, he was fast asleep.

Zanga sat up breathless. He was covered in sweat, tears ran freely down his face.
He had had the same dream, every night since his meeting with the seer. But never had it been as clear as that. And Zanga now had no doubt in his mind who the fox was. It was the same fox, who had taken Redwall Abbey.    

Cornflower MM

OOC: Can I not leave you people alone? Not even for an unforeseen 22 hour power outage?

BIC: Arya was chatting and laughing with Bryant while keeping an eye on Vatra and Zanga. She saw Ervoyce show something Vatra, who's eyes widened with delight. Guess Ervoyce's been added to the Whispers. (That name OK?) She noticed Zanga seemed rather lonely, and when he went up stairs decided after about ten minutes that she'd go up after him, and maybe ask him to join her and Vatra, and apparently, Ervoyce. She tugged on Bryant's sleeve, and said, "Come on! There's someone I want you to meet." She grabbed his arm when he stood up and went over to the other two squirrels, and she saw Ervoyce handing something Vatra. "Hey guys! Ervoyce, this is Bryant. Bryant, this is Ervoyce. Why don't you three get to know each other better, because I have something I want to do." She chirped, then finished the sentence in her mind Alone.

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce was slightly surprised at Vatra's reaction, and wasn't able to return the gesture before his friend pulled away. Not only that, but before he could say anything, Arya joined there conversation. She brought a friend too, and left the three of them to apparently get to know one another.

rachel25

Zanga had decided something, he was going to kill that murdering fox. Unknown to him, it seemed he had been following all his life, like the seer said. Tonight, they would met again. But only one of them, would have the pleasure of seeing the next sunrise. Zanga was determined to finish it tonight. Maybe the horde, without a leader, would just leave, but Zanga doubted it. They would probably just find a new leader.
--------------------------------
Jantar had decided to leave Grund to his ranting. She had gone off to organise the search party, and the trap setters. She might as well help to get rid of the woodlanders.