News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

OOC: Skipper is...................Somewhere. And anybody is free to PP the ghost. So....yeah.

BIC: Sister Lupine was still worried, but didn't say anything. She followed the others to Cavern Hole, and tried to forget the whole thing.
---------------------------
"What's it to ya?" Monka asked, turning to climb out the tree. When suddenly, he remembered the squirrelmaid had said something about an ottermaid. He turned back to Bryony, his eyes bright. "You said something about an ottermaid earlier. Where is she? What's her name? Is she a foreigner here?"

Cornflower MM

"What's your name to me?!?!?! I saved you from a certain death by that ottermaid who killed my baby brother, and this is the thanks I get?!? Fine! Next time I'll leave you to get killed, if this is the thanks I get! As for your other questions, what's it to you?" Bryony almost shrieked, mad and hurt. She finished talking and started gathering up her stuff, turning away from this strange and rude, but cute, squirrel. She slung her stuff in her pack wildly and started to climb out of the tree on the opposite side of the other squirrel, fuming, and still rather hurt.

rachel25

Monka didn't know what he'd done to upset Bryony so much. Without thinking he got hold of her arm, and said softly, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I guess I've just been on my on so long, I've forgotten how to act around other creatures. My names Monka, it's nice to met you."

Gonff the Mousethief

''Squirrels, never met a good one! Ah, shrews what ya been doin?''
''Well, we just chopped up this tree, but the logs are quite small.''
''That is fine chap, now can I see me axe back?''
''Sure, here ya go!''
''Alrighty then, lets go get those two squirrels and set up some camp for later!''
They walked back.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Bryony looked at his paw on her arm, then at his face, searchingly. She didn't think he was lying, and then she said, "Apology accepted. It's nice to meet you as well, Monka." She said that softly, still looking at Monka's face, and for a moment her own face was unguarded, showing all the sorrow, pain, grief, and suffering that was tossing and turning inside of her. But that was only for a moment, and then her guard slammed back up, and she shook his paw off of her arm, but not rudely. "The ottermaid may very well be foreign, I don't really know. She's about ten minutes down the river, which is that way." Here she pointed toward the river, then continued. "I don't know her name before you ask that. She was at Redwall Abbey earlier, and there she killed my baby brother, and took another otter by the name of Cien with her. That's all I know. Oh, and if you're with her, then you might want to run. I have sworn to kill her and her cronies." Her eyes hardened when she said the last sentence, then she waited for Monka's answer.

rachel25

Monka's eyes narrowed, "Well if it's Scarlet Firewave, then you'll have to get in line. I've been tracking her for five seasons now, and I'm doing this for my entire tribe. So I guess you'll have to wait your turn."
With that, Monka climbed out of the tree, and set off in the direction Bryony had indicated. 

Cornflower MM

"Hey, wait up! She's got a band of vermin with her!" Bryony called, scrambliung down the tree and jogging to Monka. "If we can wait just a little longer, then we cxan come up with a plan. We could at least do some serious damage. But first, what do you say to ditching that fox?"

Gonff the Mousethief

''Ditching what fox Squirrel?''
Marshall and the shrews had made it back and gone towards Bryony and Monka.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

Bryony snapped. "My name is not Squirrel, fox. It's Bryony. As for what fox, that would be you. You, fox, have showed a tendency to be rude, and I told you that if were to come with me, you'd have to listen to me. The shrews can't, and won't do all the grunt work." Bryony said coldly, then turned and started walking away, before she lost control and did something crazy, like attacking the fox.

Gonff the Mousethief

''Fine then Bryony, ill have to listen to you I guess. But take the shrews along also will ya?''
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

"I had no intention of leaving them." Bryony said, then took a deep breath. She found that she was still quite angry, and so she raced up a tree, as fast as she could, as far as she could, until she was far out of earshot of those of the ground, and vented, wich included throttling a tree branch, speaking her mind where no one could hear, and in general kicking, scratching, and biting things. Just normal venting.

Gonff the Mousethief

''Well than, what is your name squirrel?''
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

"Monka." Monka said before walking off again. He'd waited to long to kill Scarlet, to be told to wait now. He was gonna kill her, even if it meant he died in the process. At least his family would be avenged.
-----------------------
Scarlet had marched her band hard. They hadn't waited around, and were a long way away from the old camp. Scarlet had insisted on their track being covered though, she didn't want anymore run ins with anyone. She just wanted to know where the plans were, and then get them, kill Cien, and take them back to Riftgard. Was that to much to ask?

Cornflower MM

Bryony came down the tree, her temper fine, and saw Monka walking away. Her mood was turned sour again. "Huh, looks like you scared him off, Marshall. Good one." She said, then ran after him. "Would you at least let m tell you my plans first
? That way we won't accidentally kill each other or something." She said, slowing to a walk and matching him pace for pace.

Jukka the Sling

In the kitchens, Abbess Fern talked with Mycroft about the latest events. She informed him of her decision to head out after the missing Redwallers in case Skipper didn't find them. Mycroft wasn't too happy.

"Fern! No way am I letting you bloomin' well go out there by yourself! You know they're ex-slavers, and how could you handle them?"

"I'm pretty good with a sling. Guess all my practicing when I was a teen paid off." She smiled momentarily, then regained a more serious expression. "And besides, I may not have to go anyway."

"Well, if you do go, I'm bally well comin' along!" Mycroft responded gallantly.

"But who'll run the Abbey?" she returned, a worried frown on her face.

"The Friar!"

Surprised, Fern replied, "Are you sure about that? You really think s/he would accept the responsibility?"

"I think so! Now come on, let's go get some brekkers, wot!" Mycroft had just eaten some porridge, but he headed for the door, down to Cavern Hole to eat with everybody else. Fern shook her head, grinned and followed her husband. For the moment, she felt better about everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glirid was eating breakfast with everybeast else. He didn't quite understand what everybeast had been so worried about lately; his mind was still on that ghost from the other night. The little dormouse hoped the ghost wouldn't come back. He was really scared of it!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien