Zwilt
1 (2.2%)
Razzid Wearat
3 (6.7%)
Sawney Rath
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

JangoCoolguy

As many of us know, Jacques had a bad habit of having the lead villains die cheap, unsatisfying deaths better suited for henchbeasts and minions than the big bad. Here is you chance to vent.

My vote goes to Razzid. He survived being set on fire, caused all manner of death & destruction for the helluva it, was a total sadist. and even took being stabbed by Martin's Sword with "That all you pansies got?!"...only to be killed by completely random blow to the head by a long absent character who appeared out of nowhere.  >:(

The sad thing is that it could've worked better by having Skor and Rake arrive in time to kill him, which would've been more fitting and made a lot more sense. I remember someone starting a thread asking if Jacques really did write the ending of Rogue Crew because of the fairly rushed epilogue. The real suspicious thing is having the villain go down like a punk when it could've been better.

Runner up: Slagar, who after doing so well throughout Mattimeo, dies through a combination of circumstance and carelessness that makes you wonder if its a certain coyote under than mask (I swear, I could hear that slide whistle watching that scene in the TV Show...)

What about you guys? Which Big Bad death make you question Brian's storytelling abilities?

Gonff the Mousethief

Mine Tsamrina. I am pretty sure she drowned, which, by the the way, is pretty alful. I am pretty sure Ungatt had a similar one, but was beat up and practically paralyzed.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

redwallbro

Can you add Ferhago the Assassin because he is my worst enemy.
Give 'em Blood an' Vinegar!!!

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on March 26, 2014, 02:26:00 AM
Mine Tsamrina. I am pretty sure she drowned, which, by the the way, is pretty alful. I am pretty sure Ungatt had a similar one, but was beat up and practically paralyzed.
I think the fox with the broken back broke his back then the tide came in and he drowned
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

Urgan. Nagru. Having teeth smashed in your brain......

I don't like the sound of it.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on March 26, 2014, 02:26:00 AM

The difference is that Ungatt was mortally wounded by his story's Hero, then finished off by a beast he'd wronged for good measure.

Meanwhile, Tsarmina went crazy and committed  (unintentional) suicide mid-battle...

Quote from: redwallbro on March 26, 2014, 12:21:53 PM
Can you add Ferhago the Assassin because he is my worst enemy.

Naw. Him and Urthstripe taking each other out was a fairly good death and why he isn't here.

willruth

Sawney Rath,I mean he was killed by Antigra,
why couldn't it have been Tagg! :'( :'( :'( :'(

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: willruth on March 29, 2014, 09:04:00 AM

Sawney Rath,I mean he was killed by Antigra,
why couldn't it have been Tagg! :'( :'( :'( :'(

At the very least Jacque could've made Antriga the Bid Bad of Taggerung. The person who kills the Villain sounds like a good replacement, especially one so vengeful and ambitious. But no. Not only was she absent for the rest of the book, but her death (by an 11th hour character who left the story as poorly as he entered it) was reported...

Faiyloe

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on March 27, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

Meanwhile, Tsarmina went crazy and committed suicide mid-battle...

It wasn't suicide she didn't want to but she couldn't swim and martin drove her to far out before she realized what she was doing she was drowning. Suicide implied that the person intends the end there life by that action. that was not the case with Tisarmina.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Starla1431

Riggu Felis's death was stupid.

W0NWILL

Personally, I liked Tsarmina's death. She was taken out by herself, by her fear. Martin didn't kill her, she did. Unintentionally, at that. It shows in one fell swoop that Martin wasn't invincible, and that a villain's worst enemy is herself.

Slagar, on the other hand, he had a terrible death. He fell. Into a hole. Very anti-climatic, especially for such a villain that almost came back from the dead for revenge. He deserved more.

Faiyloe

Ya I on the other hand I did not like Badrangs death. Martin seamed to happy killing him and he is one of the only villains to die mercilessly at the hands of the hero (Making Martin seem almost as bad as the villain.) martin won because he was "a better fighter" and that was it. All the others either defeated themselves (Like Tisarmeana) were destroyed indirectly by the hero (like with Cluny) or the hero took them with them (like Urthstripe and Ferrago).

P.s excuse the spelling for the names... I was to lazy to look them all up. :P 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 02, 2014, 03:51:02 PM
Ya I on the other hand I did not like Badrangs death. Martin seamed to happy killing him and he is one of the only villains to die mercilessly at the hands of the hero (Making Martin seem almost as bad as the villain.) martin won because he was "a better fighter" and that was it.

I dunno...if Badrang had done to you or me what he did to Martin, we'd probably do the same.

Though yeah, I prefer the TV Show's take on it myself.

UNKN0WN

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on April 11, 2014, 12:15:54 AM
Quote from: Faiyloe on April 02, 2014, 03:51:02 PM
Ya I on the other hand I did not like Badrangs death. Martin seamed to happy killing him and he is one of the only villains to die mercilessly at the hands of the hero (Making Martin seem almost as bad as the villain.) martin won because he was "a better fighter" and that was it.

I dunno...if Badrang had done to you or me what he did to Martin, we'd probably do the same.

Though yeah, I prefer the TV Show's take on it myself.

I prefer that take as well.
Wow, I didn't know Martin acted like that.  :(

The Shade

Quote from: W0NWILL on April 02, 2014, 03:36:37 PM

Slagar, on the other hand, he had a terrible death. He fell. Into a hole. Very anti-climatic, especially for such a villain that almost came back from the dead for revenge. He deserved more.
Gotta agree 100% there. Having thought that he went through his entire journy, tricked the population of Redwall, survived Painted Ones, beat Matthias in battle (or tricked him anyway), and escaped the collapsing kingdom of Malkeriss, you'd think he would have the sense to not fall in a hole. It's almost comical. :P
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I