News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Unlikelyest (closed)

Started by Faiyloe, December 08, 2014, 04:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

The otter allowed himself a brief gasping chuckle as the ferret in front of him was laid low by a merciless branch. Drawing his sword, Burian held the point inches from Ravax's throat. "You done?" he rasped out. "'Cause if you are, then I'm going to have my pack back now."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Ravax couldn't speak she just lay there for a moment trying to find her breath, eyes shut tight, hopping that this one was not like the rest of them (the ones who said that the only good vermin was a dead one). The pack had slipped off her arm and lay next to her on the ground. When she had regained her voice and still not felt steal in her hide she opened one eye and crocked out "ye... ain't gonna... kill me?"
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

"What do I look like to you, a murderer?" Bur scooped up his pack and hooked it over his shoulder, looking down uncertainly at Ravax. "Look, it's not like you did much other than try to take a hunk of metal and a bite of food; hardly worth killing a beast. Now stand up."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Ravax got to her feet slowly still keeping a cautious eye on the otter. "Most o' yer kind wud ner even blink a'for killen a beast like me. Ner matter what ah'd done. How kin ye know ah wasn't 'bout ta stick ye with yer own dagger," She took a step back to distance herself from his blade not taking her eyes off it the entire time. Trust was not something you learned in vermin school, not like there was one.

The Skarzs

"I figure you would have done it far more quickly." He slipped the sack off his shoulder and held it in his paw. "Now, I can give you a bit of food if you really need it, but I'm only offering once before you're off. Got it?" Not about to see a creature starve, he told himself. Even if it is a vermin.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Ravax looked at Bur like he had three heads. Had she really just heard that, she had just sneaked into his camp and stolen his things and now he was trying give her some back.  She looked from the pack to the otter and back again "Yer actually offerin' me some?" She said still not able to believe it much less understand why anybeast would do something like that for another. "Ah left me dagger back ther, if'en yer ner about ta kill me just yet then I'd like et back,"   

The Skarzs

"That's asking for a fair bit," Burian said flatly. "We'll go back and get your dagger. . . But I'm keeping it. If you want it back you're going to have to do something for me." He drew his sword back a bit, but still kept it close enough to be dangerous.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"like wat?" she asked her confidence growing. She stood up straighter and crossed her arms in front of her. Making sure that the dagger she still had on her person was clearly visible. It was her way of saying, I am still armed and know how to protect my self. 

The Skarzs

"How far south have you been?" Bur asked, eyeing the dagger warily. "I need to know."

OOC: PM on the way. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"Ah'v been 'round tha block a few times. S'far as  a place called Southsward. ((OOC: Spelling?)) Yer probably ner 'eard of et. et's very far from 'ere. Why?" She said.

The Skarzs

Burian hesitated. "Well. . ." He took a tarnished silver band from his wrist, holding it where Ravax could see it.
"See the emblem on there?" Though it was corroded and slightly pitted, the indentation of a shape
(~>|<~)
was clearly seen on it. "I found this off a rat who claimed he got it from the 'South Stream'; any idea where that is besides being 'south'?" If the ferret was any help, than he would explain why it was significant.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"South stream... aye ah'v been there," She said purposefully not disclosing any details.

The Skarzs

"Good; then you're going to help me get there."
Maybe he didn't have to mention the tattoo on his tail that matched the design; why say unnecessary information?
"You'll get your food back at where we started," Burian said, flicking his sword blade in the direction of Ravax's dagger.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"Right," Ravax said backing up slowly realizing that she probably would have to be the one to show the first signs of trust, She turned her back on the otter and started walking back to his "camp" as she silently complained to herself. How did she get herself into this?

((OOC: Short time jump to the camp?))

The Skarzs

OOC: Sounds good.

BIC: As soon as they were back at the camp, Burian snatched up the dagger stuck into the ground before Ravax could get it. "Sorry, ferret: I keep my word. And likewise. . ." he opened his haversack and tossed the other a half-loaf of bread. "Enjoy."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.