News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Unlikelyest (closed)

Started by Faiyloe, December 08, 2014, 04:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Burian nodded and handed the bracelet to Torev. "I have the same tattoo on my rudder." He waited as patiently as he could as the old otter inspected it. ". . . Well?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Torev looked the icon over and nodded knowingly.

"Yes... Yes I know this house. This was the house of Mortec, Harrana was thought to have been the last of that house He left over twenty seasons ago. it was just after the outbreak of the black fever. Harranas father was one of the ones who caught it. After his death young Harrana had nothing so he left to escape the pledge taking with him a young otter maid by the name of Margret and her baby sister silia. They never came back but it is said they headed north but that was more than twenty seasons ago, no telling where they are now." Torev said handing the bracelet back. "Kelece come here," he said calling to the young otter maid at the desk, then to Burian "If you are the the son of Harrana and Margret that would make Kelece here you cousin," he said resting a paw on her shoulder as she came to stand beside him. "Kelece this is Burian, your mothers sisters son,"

"Nice t'meet ye sir Burian," She said with a little curtsy.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

BrookSkimmer

The Skarzs

Burian smiled a bit. "So, I really do have family." His already deep brows furrowed further. "But if she's my cousin, wouldn't that make her mother Silia?"

OOC: Sorry for the short post. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"No, my mother is Anisa, She was the oldest," Kelece said, "When the Black fever hit I wasn't even born yet but my mother said that Aunt Margaret tried t'convince her t'go with her but mama already had family here who she needed t'take care of an' she couldn't leave 'em. If ya like I could introduce ya t'her," 

The Skarzs

Burian was silent for a moment. "Yes . . . Yes, I'd like that." He figured he might find out something else if he could talk to a close relation. "Where is she?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Kelece thought for moment and then said " I think she was going t'elp Uncle Tony fix the shrimp nets..."

"Tony is her uncle on her fathers side," Torev explained.

"They should be outside. Come, I'll take ye there, " Kelece said and then started for the door.

"Good luck, friend, I should get going," Rurrock said slapping Burian on the back "Kelece 'll take good care of you," Kelece lead him back through the corridors of the underground cavern and back into the day light. The playing children where gone now, replaced by some elderly otters shelling peas and talking to each other in muttered tones. By the river was a group of middle aged otters working at nets and singing some sort of river song. Kelece walked over to a tall dark otter wife, she had a light in her eyes and her voice was strong and clear and carried over all the others with a passion. All the while she was singing her fingers where flying working at the net hardly looking at what she was doing.

When the song was over She turned to Kelece and asked "What is is sweetie?"

"Ma, this is Burian, he's Margaret's son," Kelece said. Anisa looked at Burian and stood up a look of sad recognition in her eyes. 

"Oh, you look just like her... is she, is she well?"

The Skarzs

A slight look of pain crossed Burian's face. "I wish I could say, marm. I have no memory of her." After a moment, he added a quick explanation of how they figured he was her nephew.
  "So . . . I came to see you. As far as I know you're the only family I have."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.