The Unlikelyest (closed)

Started by Faiyloe, December 08, 2014, 04:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Ravax snatched up the bread before the otter could change his mind and sat down across the clearing from him. She ate half of it right then and there and through the entire thing she did not take her eyes off him. Once she was finished she put the rest in her satchel.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Burian held his sword across his lap, keeping half an eye on Ravax. "We should get some sleep," he said.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"Right, ya do that,"  She said jumping up and climbing up the nearest tree Finding herself a comfortable niche where she would spend the night. She was not about to sleep on the ground with that otter, and his sword for that matter. 

The Skarzs

Burian made sure he new where Ravax was, and tried to stay awake until he was certain the ferret was. He didn't trust her very much still, and sleeping with one eye open was never a bad idea.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

((OOC: Time jump))

Ravax spent most of that night switching between the pretense of sleep and quick naps. When the morning came she was up with the sun. She climbed down from her perch with the nimbleness of one who had done it many times before. 

The Skarzs

Bur watched beneath his hooding brows as Ravax climbed down from the tree. His night wasn't very restful, but he had experienced worse before. The otter slid his paw to the ferret's dagger, making sure he knew it was still there. Standing up, he stretched stiffly and took an apple from his pack.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Ravax sat down at the base of the tree and took the rest of the bread that he had given her and ate it. Once she had finished she looked over at the otter and eyes his canteen. "Hey, otter, got anythin' ta drink?" She asked. She had run out the day before and during her raid at the abbey she had been unable to get her paws on any.   

The Skarzs

"I don't have very much left," Burian noted. "I know there's a river not far from here, so I can refill this there." He reached to the side and picked a while dock leaf from the plant and used it as a shallow bowl in which he poured some water. "Here."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

All of this felt oddly wrong some how. She shouldn't be here eating with an otter, she shouldn't be sleeping in his camp, nor should she be accepting his gifts. Her thirst was stronger than her instincts so she came forward took the leaf he offered her and after draining it she scuttled right back to her seat under the tree.

The Skarzs

Burian sighed within himself; why was he doing this for this ferret, a vermin? Yes, he could use her help with her knowledge, if only slight knowledge it be, of the Great South Stream, but certainly he could find some other beast to help him. Well, when they reached that southern area, they could split paths.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Once the otter had left to refill his canteen. She followed behind staying out of sight till she reached the river. She went up it a little before going over to fill her own canteen before returning to his camp.  "Sah, are we gonna get movvin' or are we jus' gonna sit round 'ere all day starin' at each other?" 

The Skarzs

"We're leaving now," Bur said. He looked up at the position of the sun and guessed which way was south. "Come on."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"Right," She said and followed behind.

((Time jump to noon))

Ravax looked up at the sun they had been walking for several hours in a stonily kept silence. She was however starting to get hungry. She looked around at the sound of a bird calling and looked up to see where it was. Her eyes lit up when she saw a bird in its nest up above her. The bird flew off to find itself some food and Ravex stopped "Lets stop fer lunch!" She said almost enthusiastically. With out waiting for an answer she darted up the tree and upon reaching the nest she was greeted by three small eggs. She Held them up to the light and just her luck two of them where duds. She took them and climbed back down careful not to brake them. 

The Skarzs

Burian watched curiously as Ravax clambered up the tree. When he saw her climb down with eggs, he gritted his teeth. "Ferret. . ." he growled.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Ravax shrieked with fright and Jumped be hind the tree at the otters angry out burst. "Et's Just egg's! Et's just egg's! No bird!" she said in a panicked shriek. Now he was really was going to kill her she thought.